Princess Margaret's ex, Lord Snowdon, to write A tell-all book on the marriage!

Started by Kate, January 07, 2008, 12:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

Just read in the Telegraph that Lord Snowdon has been working for 4 years on a tell all book  regarding his life, including the marriage to Princess Margaret..
Anyone have any opinions on this?

I think if he needs to write a book on HIS life, just do the highlights of his marriage when it was good. Another dead princess who is not here to defend herself....  :o

Nighthawk

after you posted that I had to find the article to read it  :teehee:Lord Snowdon to tell all on Royal marriage
Earl of Snowdon, 77, has decided to reveal all about his troubled marriage, his bitter rift with one of Princess Margaret's closest friends, and other aspects of his remarkable life.

cashing in huh  :notamused:

sandy

That family seems in need of money.Viscount Linley was selling his late mother's property for $$$$$. Why doesn't Snowdon do a compilation of his photos instead of a kiss and tell.

Stix Chix

:o i doubt if the Queen likes this news......even if it's a nice book about her sister.  he really shouldn't have written it.  talk about pulling a Crawfie. :notamused:  i wonder if he'll be welcomed at court any more?

Harryite #0004

heather

It should be an interesting read.

I am interested to see if he tells the complete truth, or just an airy fairy version.

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

moley

He can write a book ? I thought that is part of the prenap. for all royal members and staff.

kate J

Quote from: moley on January 07, 2008, 05:50:42 PM
He can write a book ? I thought that is part of the prenap. for all royal members and staff.

Was there a prenup? or contract? Do you know?   If So Diana should probably have had one. There was never anything written about any one who married into royality having to deal with a prenup or contract, that I've come across...Correct me if I'm wrong!

moley

I thought I read some Place about the law in England when you work or Married into the royal family so most ex worker try to publish their memoires in The U.S

Miss Scarlett

^I think it is relatively new, among the staff anyway, that they must sign a confidentiality agreement stating they will never talk about the RF or publish anything.  This was done (I think) in the wake of Paul Burrell...

lilibet80

Quote from: Miss Scarlett on January 08, 2008, 02:42:28 PM
^I think it is relatively new, among the staff anyway, that they must sign a confidentiality agreement stating they will never talk about the RF or publish anything.  This was done (I think) in the wake of Paul Burrell...

Actually after Crawfie's books most royal servants were asked to sign a confidentiality agreement and promise not to write books. However, they could go anywhere out of Great Britain and write, as did Leslie Player and others. Antony Armstrong-Jones has always been very discreet about his marriage to Princess Margaret. I am surprised that he is doing this as it will probably be the end of his relationship with the RF. He must be very hard up for money if he is doing such a thing. At least I hope that is the reason and nothing more.

heather

Since the Snowdon Family flogged off a lot of P Margaret's stuff, we can assume they need the money, especially now for legal fees for David.

Lillianna

I wonder what the Queen thinks about this? It's funny, I have not seen this anywhere else... I guess the press has decided to ignore the story, thus far?

Lord Snowdon and Princess Margaret

QuoteLord Snowdon has secretly spent four years co-operating on a new biography of his life which promises to be the most sensational royal book for years

QuoteNeither was faithful. In the past, Lord Snowdon, who was given his title the year after his marriage, has admitted to "flirtations" but the new book will reveal that they both pursued affairs even though they remained "deeply in love" for many years.
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

Diedera

I think these books about private lives, especially after one of the PRIVATE lives is over, are beyond tacky.  Where have all the decent people gone?
:snowflake:

Lillianna

^^They may all be dead, I fear, Diedera!

I was thinking the very same thing yesterday evening. Too much exposure and self-promotion nowadays. Everyone seems to suffer from am overwhelming desire to reveal everything about themselves, and to what end?
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.