Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship

Started by stepperry, November 02, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yale

Harry and Meghan will appear together in public when they are ready!!! 

Maybe they haven't to date because they won't have any peace, meaning they'll be a media circus around them at all times.  They are probably tiring to get as much ALONE time has possible before their first appearance as a couple.

Kate

Quote from: Cat00 on November 08, 2016, 05:42:39 PM
Quote from: Vesper on November 08, 2016, 04:14:03 PM
I'm sorry, but I was hard on Cressida and this one is worse, far worse. I have no problem whatsoever with her ethnicity, I myself is a person of color, but a divorced actress with racy sex scenes all over the web... really, Harry? I'm out of here.

I don't know what the problem is with sex scenes. She is an actress, even consecrated actresses make sex scenes in movies these days. And being divorced is not a problem either. Harry's father and his uncles are too. :D
Perhaps some of us were hoping that Prince Harry would raise the bar and in doing so would help numb the damage his father  did back in the 80's and 90's , to begin with -- Relating to events of 30 years ago,whatever the event was is now HISTORY and the current events , including Harry's girlfriends, will also become HISTORY, written about in many books.
The thought that Diana would marry Dodi and produce children ( brown skinned step siblings to , one future king and a prince) the establishment found a horrific thought.. IMO, one of 2 reasons, Diana was eliminated... Now her son is travelling a similar path and IMO, this romance  will not be wanted by the British establishment and Monarchy.  Prince Harry is too close to the throne, although he won't sit it...Just the thought of little George and Charlotte playing with Harry's dusky skinned cousins will not be welcome, even by those of us who have followed the Monarchy for (like myself) 50 years!. Had Harry tried to wed Chelsy back in the day, there would have been an uproar, because of the business her father was in.Would not be tolerated because of Animal protection groups.  Just to say that the history and events of 30 years ago are quite relevant to events happening today.. ALL IMO, of course..  To recap MY views are this young lady is NOT British Monarchy material, 1. Because of her eithnic background , that she has been previously married and divorced, and she loves the limelight...BTW , please do not come back saying I am raciest. What I have stated is the reality  of a situation.

Yale

I am not a fan. I had never heard of or watched " Suits" and I had never heard of Meghan Markle til the news broke that Prince Harry was dating her. I'm excited that she's American and half black.  It is different and new. It's a breath of fresh air the vroyals  needed. That family has been dull since Diana's death. No one cares about Camilla!.

And no, I don't intend to start watching Suits".

Cat00

If the palace gave that statement on Harry's behalf, it's because the BRF already knows the relationship and approved. He would never assume a dating with a bi racial girl if his family cared about color or race

Yale

Quote from: Cat00 on November 27, 2016, 09:08:45 PM
If the palace gave that statement on Harry's behalf, it's because the BRF already knows the relationship and approved. He would never assume a dating with a bi racial girl if his family cared about color or race

I wish they had never got found out and revealed their relationship WHEN THEY WERE READY.  Many are just being totally ridiculous and outrageous!! I am so sick of their crap!

Harry pursued her.  She didn't pursue him. That is the first thing.  Secondly, he is 32 years old and ready to marry and have kids. He would not pursued this relationship if his family would out right disapprove. He can't marry without the Queen's permission.

Harry issued a statement because of her and got emotional about it.  She now has a bodyguard paid by him.  There is no way he would do all these things if he was not in love.

Trudie

I haven't watched Suits in a years and hadn't heard of Meghan either. That said I don't have any idea why she is being attacked because she is American and actress and happens to be bi racial. Harry appears to be falling deeply for her and I think everyone should be happy that he has found love. As I have said before Harry's marriage will have no effect on the monarchy and just because he is a Prince there is no reason he cannot fall in love with the woman of his choice.

Cat00

I'm not a fan of Suits and I didn't even know Meghan, but I liked her, As I said, she's an independent, mature woman, makes her own money ... I did not like Harry's ex, for me they were rich girls it's futiles

Eri

Quote from: Yale on November 27, 2016, 07:20:50 PM

Maybe they haven't to date because they won't have any peace, meaning they'll be a media circus around them at all times.  They are probably tiring to get as much ALONE time has possible before their first appearance as a couple.
The whole thing is already a Circus ... of their own creation ... seems like a excuse to why he won't be seen with her in public to me ...

LouisFerdinand

Is it possible that Prince Henry might take Meghan to a Christmas party or a Christmas ball?

Trudie

Quote from: Eri on November 28, 2016, 09:37:32 PM

The whole thing is already a Circus ... of their own creation ... seems like a excuse to why he won't be seen with her in public to me ...

If I remember correctly it took Harry well over a year to be seen in public with Cressida.

Eri

^ Besides the fact he went to Afghanistan ... he was seen with her at the Batman (?) Premiere that is how the World knew about them ... he was seen with her since Day 1 and wasn't ashamed to take her out in public ... it's not my fault he won't be seen with Megan or Cressida's ... there are 0 sightings of Harry with this woman not even a Twitter one ... this is the weirdest relationship yet ... again not any one's fault  :blink: ... Harry shoot himself in the foot for some he won't be seen in public with ... this is weird ... and I doubt he will ever be either ...

Trudie

^ Perhaps the only thing weird this time around is she is the one and he is trying to keep things more private until They decide they want the world to see them together. Oh as for Cressida it was her that didn't want to really be seen with Harry she was the one who called time on the relationship after they were seen in public maybe twice.

Kate

Quote from: Trudie on November 29, 2016, 12:19:17 AM
Quote from: Eri on November 28, 2016, 09:37:32 PM

If I remember correctly it took Harry well over a year to be seen in public with Cressida.
IMO, there was absolutely no chemistry between Harry and Cressida... I recall they both coming off a train, from somewhere,  he in the lead , but both a boring look...It was Eugenie York, who introduced them, and she was  hoping there was a match.. Chelsy and Harry had more spark. They were a match for first loves, IMO..

Double post auto-merged: November 30, 2016, 12:08:30 AM

Yale, whoever Prince Harry brings into his life, as his wife , be it this lady or someone still to be found, that young lady will be surrounded by the media. I was always looking a the European Princesses, hoping they might have been there for Harry..

Curryong

There are very few Royal princesses of the same age as Harry around though. (As distinct from Prince Christian of Denmark for example who will have a wide choice if he wants to marry royalty in another fifteen/twenty years!) Those that are come from mainly Roman Catholic dynasties and yes I know that members of the BRF are allowed to marry Catholics now, but there are still religious hurdles to get over in such a union.

I believe Harry is reasonably friendly with young women from Protestant dethroned Houses in Germany, including some of his grandfather's relatives, but most have careers, and unless they're playing 'lady of the manor' on their father's estates they wouldn't be any more used to Royal life and duties than commoners.

Anyway, the era of Princes marrying fellow royalty has well and truly gone. If Harry met someone like Marie of Denmark, Prince Joachim's wife, it would be nice, but Harry will marry who he loves I guess, which is as it should be.

TLLK

@Curryong-Absolutely correct that most of them are in Catholic monarchies:,  Luxemboug, Lichtenstein, Belgium, or are members of the Hapsburg Imperial branches. Like you mentioned there still might be some religious hurdles to jump or the girls are just not interested in marrying into a high profile royal  family.

Eri

Quote from: Trudie on November 29, 2016, 05:52:31 PM
^ Perhaps the only thing weird this time around is she is the one and he is trying to keep things more private until They decide they want the world to see them together. Oh as for Cressida it was her that didn't want to really be seen with Harry she was the one who called time on the relationship after they were seen in public maybe twice.
The why the statement? And why sis she rumored to have had an had in it? She is someone he would have never introduced to the World if you ask me ... she was very canning in forcing his hand into that ridiculous statement ... too bad he won't be caught dead with her in public though ...

Trudie

^ The statement that speaks for it's self. Harry is well known and someone who spotted him near Meghan probably tipped off the press. The fact that she is bi racial and American is bringing out the Xenophobes much like those who still refer to PP as Phil the Greek. Why anyone cares about her heritage is beyond me she is beautiful and a hard worker. I'm sure there are many who would love to see Harry happy and in a committed relationship then a sad lonely figure being denied what he wants marriage and a family.

Eri

^ She comes with not one but many red flags ... she is out there in L.A posing on Instagram with her equally attention seeking friends while she should be laying low for one ... I can't see anyone who actually like Harry wanting him to marry this woman ... it would end in an Ocean of tears ...

Trudie

^yeah and the Windsors also come with many red flags what's your point? It seems if unless you in particular happen to like a certain person from what you read about them the relationship is fine and we all know you are not a real fan of Harry's though it doesn't matter Yours is not the opinion he values.

Eri

Quote from: Trudie on November 30, 2016, 09:23:22 PM
^yeah and the Windsors also come with many red flags what's your point? It seems if unless you in particular happen to like a certain person from what you read about them the relationship is fine and we all know you are not a real fan of Harry's though it doesn't matter Yours is not the opinion he values.
Harry hasn't done anything note worthy other than hit the genetic lottery for me to be a fan of his ... he would be a nobody if it wasn't for who his father is ... I will safe my admiration for someone worthy of it if you don't mind ... this man child doesn't ... as for his flavor of the Month ... if I was a fan of his I would worry ... she has made him quite unpopular ... his transformation into Andrew is complete ...

Trudie

^ Yeah your totally right again Harry has done nothing note worthy. Sentable doesn't exist, two tours in Afghanistan didn't happen, charities don't get his support such as well child, animal groups, homelessness, wounded warriors the list goes on. Perhaps he his achievements are not note worthy to you because you have never helped in a charitable endeavor yourself you are trying to make yourself feel better?. IMO

Yale

Quote from: Trudie on November 30, 2016, 11:02:34 PM
^ Yeah your totally right again Harry has done nothing note worthy. Sentable doesn't exist, two tours in Afghanistan didn't happen, charities don't get his support such as well child, animal groups, homelessness, wounded warriors the list goes on. Perhaps he his achievements are not note worthy to you because you have never helped in a charitable endeavor yourself you are trying to make yourself feel better?. IMO

I agree with this post 100%, he content and why it was posted.

Curryong

Quote from: Yale on November 30, 2016, 09:34:15 PM
Prince Harry Ditches Royal Family Holiday Tradition to Be With Girlfriend Meghan Markle in the U.S. (EXCLUSIVE) - In Touch Weekly

Could this be true? I mean, unless Harry requested this before he left for his  tour.

No, I don't believe it's true. The media is running out of things to say about this romance and have been making things up for some time. Look at the obscure rag this is appearing in. Harry seems to enjoy the extended family get-together at Sandringham for Christmas. He's always in high spirits on the Xmas walk to Church. I believes he's more of a traditionalist than his brother over this particular get-together. The couple haven't even been seen together yet. And I don't believe, even if/when they become engaged that Harry would opt for a Christmas away. After they're married (if it ever comes to that) perhaps, every now and again.

sandy

Quote from: Eri on November 30, 2016, 10:02:56 PM
Quote from: Trudie on November 30, 2016, 09:23:22 PM
Harry hasn't done anything note worthy other than hit the genetic lottery for me to be a fan of his ... he would be a nobody if it wasn't for who his father is ... I will safe my admiration for someone worthy of it if you don't mind ... this man child doesn't ... as for his flavor of the Month ... if I was a fan of his I would worry ... she has made him quite unpopular ... his transformation into Andrew is complete ...

He has two parents. Maybe he'd be just another royal if his mother was not Diana. I would not dismiss Meghan as a Flavor of the Month. I don't see this as making him more unpopular.

Double post auto-merged: December 01, 2016, 12:56:37 AM

Quote from: Eri on November 30, 2016, 02:41:26 PM
^ She comes with not one but many red flags ... she is out there in L.A posing on Instagram with her equally attention seeking friends while she should be laying low for one ... I can't see anyone who actually like Harry wanting him to marry this woman ... it would end in an Ocean of tears ...

Actually it's his business. I don't see "red flags" with her. Some royals come equipped with "red flags."

Double post auto-merged: December 01, 2016, 12:58:42 AM

Quote from: Eri on November 29, 2016, 05:43:39 PM
^ Besides the fact he went to Afghanistan ... he was seen with her at the Batman (?) Premiere that is how the World knew about them ... he was seen with her since Day 1 and wasn't ashamed to take her out in public ... it's not my fault he won't be seen with Megan or Cressida's ... there are 0 sightings of Harry with this woman not even a Twitter one ... this is the weirdest relationship yet ... again not any one's fault  :blink: ... Harry shoot himself in the foot for some he won't be seen in public with ... this is weird ... and I doubt he will ever be either ...

Harry looked uncomfortable with Cressida, rushing ahead of her.  Harry actually made a public statement that MEghan IS his girlfriend, something he never did with Cressida.