Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship

Started by stepperry, November 02, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Harry reportedly was dating during that time period. He obviously was not pining away for his exes.

Double post auto-merged: December 13, 2016, 02:49:36 PM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on December 13, 2016, 02:01:54 PM
I think that any potential princess must also woo her potential "people". That means trying to show the public that you are suited to the role and committed to it. The biggest problem with royals today is that they want an "ordinary" life with all its privileges of privacy yet they are happy to take the privileges of being a prince/princess. Calling your potential "subjects" misogynistic racists is not a good starting point. I think people are quite entitled to set some criteria for who and who cannot be a princess since they will eventually pay for them  in some way or the other. Meghan and Harry should not bite the hand that feeds them. That unfortunate statement spoke to me of a precious young man whose whims have been indulged all his life. Now that people critique his choice of girlfriend, he lashes out. Of course Harry is quite free to marry whoever he chooses (without criticism) as long as he gives up the princely status. The other alternative is to put up and shut up ala Camilla style. One sure thing is that the British people "will not go quietly"...to quote a certain famous person.

Camilla did not put up and shut up. She was actively undermining Charles' first wife, even going to the Sun Editor for ten years with "her side."  Of course these princes are spoiled and coddled. William and Charles are no different than Harry in that regard.

michelle0187

^^ you crossed the line to assume fans who don't like meg, to be bitter and jealous. If you know that you're not a fan of her as well, then what I wrote shouldn't offend you.you called his exes "airheads" and I was asking how are they are considered airheads, when obviously they are well educated and worked, just like her. But you keep doing you since you feel justified in your remarks about his exes. I'll have my own opinions, and you keep yours.

Curryong

Harry and Meghan doing a bit of interior decorating of Nott Cott I see. A photo of the two of them together shouldn't be too far away.

Prince Harry spotted carrying 6ft Christmas tree after shopping trip with girlfriend Meghan Markle - Mirror Online

Eri

Megan is no different than any of his exes they had Uni Degrees and Cressida and Flee are actresses just like her ... they didn't manage to cost Harry his popularity though ... even people who didn't like Cressida in the end still liked Harry but this one ... she has made him very unpopular and I wouldn't want to be him when the Yearly Engagement Court Count is out ...

royalanthropologist

Hi Sandy. By saying Camilla putting up and shutting up I meant taking the criticism of the public (sometimes justified and at other times unjustified). You notice that since her wedding, she has not answered back despite the criticism she gets. That is how you handle criticism. I would even go as far as saying that Camilla would do well to do a public apology for the shenanigans of the 1980s and 1990s; certainly before she is crowned Queen. I know some would like her to fade into obscurity but that is not going to happen.  She might not get too many additional supporters but at least it will give some acknowledgement that what happened was wrong and in many ways unfair. I presume she has already made her peace with Diana's children so it might be a good idea to make her peace with the British people. I think Mette Marie of Norway did something of the sort before her marriage. She was involved in drugs or something of the sort. 
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

^^ Harry has 176 Royal engagements so far this year after his tour, and has two more coming up on the 19th and 20th of Deceember that will also be in the CC.

Kate has 136 Royal engagements so far and one on Wednesday with the Cubs, plus one on the 19th with William and Harry (Heads Together) and the Queen's Xmas lunch at BP on the 20th.

Cat00

Meghan is the typical middle-class woman, knows to cook, take care of a house,  Set up a Christmas Tree... quite unlike Harry's exes who should not know fry an egg :hehe: :hehe: These little things in life, must be fascinating Harry.

sandy

Quote from: royalanthropologist on December 13, 2016, 03:02:39 PM
Hi Sandy. By saying Camilla putting up and shutting up I meant taking the criticism of the public (sometimes justified and at other times unjustified). You notice that since her wedding, she has not answered back despite the criticism she gets. That is how you handle criticism. I would even go as far as saying that Camilla would do well to do a public apology for the shenanigans of the 1980s and 1990s; certainly before she is crowned Queen. I know some would like her to fade into obscurity but that is not going to happen.  She might not get too many additional supporters but at least it will give some acknowledgement that what happened was wrong and in many ways unfair. I presume she has already made her peace with Diana's children so it might be a good idea to make her peace with the British people. I think Mette Marie of Norway did something of the sort before her marriage. She was involved in drugs or something of the sort. 

Camilla had Charles' support and even his spin doctoring at his disposal. With his friends and pals trashing Diana, an attempt was made to try to make Camilla look better--it did not work for all of "the public" though. Camilla does not have to answer back, Charles and his spin doctors do that for her. Why should she bother when she has megabucks of the Prince working on her image. I think Camilla will do fewer and fewer appearances as she gets older, she may well fade into the background.

I don't think she 'made peace' with Diana's children. I don't think she's the least bit sorry for what she did considering she wanted to attend Diana's Memorial Service and had to back off because of public outcry. The boys may "accept her" but may not be all that fond of her. They had really no choice in the matter in any case.

She had many opportunities to change her ways but never did. She is who she is.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: sandy on December 13, 2016, 03:27:53 PM

Camilla had Charles' support and even his spin doctoring at his disposal. With his friends and pals trashing Diana, an attempt was made to try to make Camilla look better--it did not work for all of "the public" though. Camilla does not have to answer back, Charles and his spin doctors do that for her. Why should she bother when she has megabucks of the Prince working on her image. I think Camilla will do fewer and fewer appearances as she gets older, she may well fade into the background.

I don't think she 'made peace' with Diana's children. I don't think she's the least bit sorry for what she did considering she wanted to attend Diana's Memorial Service and had to back off because of public outcry. The boys may "accept her" but may not be all that fond of her. They had really no choice in the matter in any case.

I really wish the British royal family in its entirety stops treating the Diana thing like some sort of plague (to be hidden and forgotten). Yes Diana made terrible mistakes but they too made mistakes (too many to go over again). What might have been a good idea is to embrace what Diana tried to do (friendlier, warmer approaches to monarchy). Briefing about Diana is in my view the wrong way to go. Both Charles and Camilla should have made a public apology and acknowledged their role in the tragedy. After that a properly memorial should have been constructed for his first wife. It just seems that the whole family fell out with Diana in such a bad way that they cannot quite bring themselves to forgive and move on. In order to crown Camilla they must destroy Diana (not necessary IMO because you can raise both women simultaneously) Every memorial is done grudgingly. My own nana was pushed out of her home in the same way and they ended up removing every single picture of her from the house. It caused so much rift in the family and so unnecessary. Why not just acknowledge that Diana was an important part of their history and move on. I think that the reason why so many Diana fans are unable to let go is because there is an impression that people have "got away with murder" and they will not even acknowledge that they did anything wrong. Who advises these people????  :no: Anyway apologies to the moderator for going off topic. Will return to the "Meghan Hatefest" later.  :hehe:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Curryong

Richard Eden reporting that Harry and Meghan are supposedly hosting a party tonight, (probably at  KP)

Twitter

Yale

It in the Telegraph too.

Prince Harry and girlfriend Meghan Markle spotted buying Christmas tree together in south London

The store employees said that they were charming together and they were blissfully unaware that their jaws had dropped to the floor.  The walked away holding hands as Prince carried the tree under his other arm.

I love it!!

Trudie

Well so much for Harry not willing to be seen with Meghan hehehe :hehe:. Just because no one posted a picture it shows that people are willing to respect them. As I said before last time Meghan was visiting Harry was on duty at remembrance ceremonies as they are not yet engaged her attendance wasn't required as these were official engagements.

Vesper

Can't wait to see pictures of the blessed couple. I'm predicting a shotgun wedding in three months time. I'm betting on it.  :hehe:

royalanthropologist

Quote from: Vesper on December 13, 2016, 06:13:27 PM
Can't wait to see pictures of the blessed couple. I'm predicting a shotgun wedding in three months time. I'm betting on it.  :hehe:

She really has got him good. Out goes that theory about Harry and blondes.

Vesper

^That was always a silly assumption anyway. Sometimes you just get what you can get... especially if you're desperate.

michelle0187

^He or mm is desperate?

This relationship is messier than the past relationships, where almost everyone thought he only liked blondes.I hope no one is stanning them together because of the gf's race and hair color.

Vesper

He's desperate. She WINS no matter what happens... until she wakes up one day to find that her freedom of expression is gone... then the real show will begin.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on December 13, 2016, 02:57:34 PM
Harry and Meghan doing a bit of interior decorating of Nott Cott I see. A photo of the two of them together shouldn't be too far away.

Prince Harry spotted carrying 6ft Christmas tree after shopping trip with girlfriend Meghan Markle - Mirror Online
Yes I do  believe that the previous occupants had painted the walls with a light pink color. :D Wonder if Harry has the same issues that William did with the low ceilings?

Double post auto-merged: December 13, 2016, 11:56:10 PM

Quote from: royalanthropologist on December 13, 2016, 03:55:59 PM
Quote from: sandy on December 13, 2016, 03:27:53 PM

I really wish the British royal family in its entirety stops treating the Diana thing like some sort of plague (to be hidden and forgotten). Yes Diana made terrible mistakes but they too made mistakes (too many to go over again). What might have been a good idea is to embrace what Diana tried to do (friendlier, warmer approaches to monarchy). Briefing about Diana is in my view the wrong way to go. Both Charles and Camilla should have made a public apology and acknowledged their role in the tragedy. After that a properly memorial should have been constructed for his first wife. It just seems that the whole family fell out with Diana in such a bad way that they cannot quite bring themselves to forgive and move on. In order to crown Camilla they must destroy Diana (not necessary IMO because you can raise both women simultaneously) Every memorial is done grudgingly. My own nana was pushed out of her home in the same way and they ended up removing every single picture of her from the house. It caused so much rift in the family and so unnecessary. Why not just acknowledge that Diana was an important part of their history and move on. I think that the reason why so many Diana fans are unable to let go is because there is an impression that people have "got away with murder" and they will not even acknowledge that they did anything wrong. Who advises these people????  :no: Anyway apologies to the moderator for going off topic. Will return to the "Meghan Hatefest" later.  :hehe:
I agree that  the best place  to discuss Camilla, Charles and Diana would be in their respective forums. :)

Kinkade

:lol: OMG, it just occurred to me that Disney & Hallmark couldn't have written a better script for Harry & Meghan! (must be all the Hallmark Christmas movies coming out the past few weeks!).  :lol: :lol:

I wonder when reality will sink in, then HBO & Netflix can take over the script.  :royalsneeze: Then like someone stated, the real show begins.   :nod: :partaay: :windsor1:

Curryong

Why would Harry be desperate for any girlfriend. He's one of the most eligible bachelors in the world, well known, quite wealthy, great personality, from the best known Royal family in the world. There are plenty of singletons in their early thirties. He doesn't have to hurry into anything.

Vesper

Since he's the most eligible bachelor in the world, whatever that really means, he is susceptible to fortune hunters and social climbers. He is desperate if he can't see the trap that one of those types is laying out for him right now, because let's be real here, she wouldn't give him the time of day, if not for who he is.

Yale

They are seen out in public together and some still aren't satisfied.

Vesper

When have we seen them together? Do you have link to photos? Much appreciated!