Hereditary and non-hereditary aristocrats and gentry for UK and Europe Chat

Started by beeswax, November 11, 2005, 02:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on December 04, 2023, 06:13:41 PM

The next hurt is I am hearing that Prince William IS the best man and Prince George is (with other boys) a page boy at the wedding.

Well, what I?m hearing is the latest from one of your favourites, Neil Sean. He?s reporting that there is still considerable affection for Harry in aristo circles in England, and so, to avoid any drama, ie awkwardness with the Wales branch, it has been suggested to him (by presumably Hugh Grosvenor) that he would be welcome if he wished to attend the wedding alone.

Nice insult to Meghan, the woman Harry loves, I must say!! And hardly surprisingly there has been no response from Harry so far. If I were him I?d reply to Grosvenor that such an invitation is a gross insult to my wife and I certainly won?t be attending.

wannable

You have a point. Perhaps it is an insult to severe ties. His allegiance is sealed with the King and POW. Both families go way back too.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on December 05, 2023, 02:05:24 AM
You have a point. Perhaps it is an insult to severe ties. His allegiance is sealed with the King and POW. Both families go way back too.

I dont know what you mean by ?way back?. The Westminster dukedom is comparatively new compared to most as it is 19th century. And Bendor Westminster was certainly no friend of King George V and Queen Mary. He was considered rackety. As well, he was a traitor to his country during WW2.

Hugh?s father Gerald, who would lend his plane to the then Prince Charles for trips and to his sons for hunting expeditions to Germany, yes. And if Hugh wished to insult Harry then his best plan would have been to issue no invitation to either of the Sussexes and remain silent. He still wishes to remain friendly with Harry but doesn?t want a British media frenzy that always accompanies Meghan everywhere. It was probably couched in those terms to Harry. Harry has not yet replied. Yet.

wannable

The connections of both families come from way back.  Way back definition: Long time ago. What is considered way back: no exact time

I disagree, the wedding guest list was purposely provided to the media to slap the trio - loose lips - if it were jolly/funny stories that many royals have done meaning no harm to anyone, but to date the trio like to make it up or half and half shame, embarrass, trash, gaslight or bully people that they mention verbally or in writing.   

Wedding guest list - It could have perfectly been sent to the media by mid/end of January 2024, which is the norm 6 months before a grandiose wedding.  Harry going alone like the Coronation, why bother? Straight from the airport to the cathedral to the airport. What fun!

The duo's debacle has a long tail, from trying to be back with Charles, they have zero chances with William and Catherine. Whatever moneys Charles can provide the duo, it is whilst he is alive, after him, it's over. 

sara8150

Duke of Westminster and his fianc?e makes decisions to invite King Charles and Prince William to his wedding on the lists I understand Duke of Westminster will not invite Sussex due bombshell interview back to Netflix one years ago and Harry?s memoir January 2023 and insult the royal family not necessarily for that

Prince William and his wife Catherine will bring George to wedding because Duke of Westminster is godfather of Prince George respectively we have wait and see till June 2024

Nightowl

The *harder* the Sussex's attack the royal family the *harder* they will fall in the world for who is more famous and has a longer history then the Sussex's, the BRF which is around a thousand years old. If the BRF can survive all that time, what makes the "Sussex's think they can take them down and destroy them?  Their EGOS of course.  Oh William deeply loves his wife and children, you attack them and he will do whatever to come after you and I don't blame him at all. The Sussex's better get all they can from Charles now while he is still king......William......that is another story for sure.

Curryong

Real reason Duke of Westminster axed Harry and Meghan from his wedding guestlist: Royals' childhood friend feared 'history repeating itself' after row

I remember the row over the seating arrangements at the Van Cutsem/ Grosvenor wedding very well. The van Cutsems had been friends with Charles for decades. However, Emilie van Cutsem, who was a stickler for protocol, wouldn?t have Camilla sitting next to Charles at her son?s wedding because she was a mistress not a wife or even fianc?e and the Queen and Prince Philip were to be guests. Camilla was absolutely incandescent apparently at the so-called insult and so Charles and she withdrew and didn?t attend. Emilie van stuck to her guns and the relationship between Charles and Emilie went into the Polar regions for a while. Charles stuck to the woman he was determined to marry even if his mother wasn?t keen. So Charles and Camilla have something in common with his son!

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on December 05, 2023, 08:10:13 PM
Real reason Duke of Westminster axed Harry and Meghan from his wedding guestlist: Royals' childhood friend feared 'history repeating itself' after row

I remember the row over the seating arrangements at the Van Cutsem/ Grosvenor wedding very well. The van Cutsems had been friends with Charles for decades. However, Emilie van Cutsem, who was a stickler for protocol, wouldn?t have Camilla sitting next to Charles at her son?s wedding because she was a mistress not a wife or even fianc?e and the Queen and Prince Philip were to be guests. Camilla was absolutely incandescent apparently at the so-called insult and so Charles and she withdrew and didn?t attend. Emilie van stuck to her guns and the relationship between Charles and Emilie went into the Polar regions for a while. Charles stuck to the woman he was determined to marry even if his mother wasn?t keen. So Charles and Camilla have something in common with his son!

Oh yes i would remember that about seating arrangements and protocol

Camilla cant attend to Van Cutsem/Grosvenor?s wedding because of she mistress to Charles I understand Van Cutsem/Grosvenor been friend with Royal Family for decades

Late Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip did attend to Ed Van Cutsem and Lady Tamara Grosvenor?s wedding in November 6,2004 but William,Prince of Wales,Harry,Duke of Sussex and King Charles among attendees at wedding The wedding was attended by 650 guests

Hugh Grosvenor, 32, is to marry Olivia Henson, 30, at Chester Cathedral on June 7. The King, Queen, Prince and Princess of Wales and Prince George, who is the Duke's godson, are invited.

Curryong

Quote from: sara8150 on December 06, 2023, 03:52:21 AM
Oh yes i would remember that about seating arrangements and protocol

Camilla cant attend to Van Cutsem/Grosvenor?s wedding because of she mistress to Charles I understand Van Cutsem/Grosvenor been friend with Royal Family for decades

Late Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip did attend to Ed Van Cutsem and Lady Tamara Grosvenor?s wedding in November 6,2004 but William,Prince of Wales,Harry,Duke of Sussex and King Charles among attendees at wedding The wedding was attended by 650 guests

Hugh Grosvenor, 32, is to marry Olivia Henson, 30, at Chester Cathedral on June 7. The King, Queen, Prince and Princess of Wales and Prince George, who is the Duke's godson, are invited.

William and Harry were both Ushers at the van Cutsem/Grosvenor wedding, nuptials which I remember people talking about for a very long time because of that story that leaked, but Charles and Camilla weren?t present. Due to the proposed seating arrangements they both refused to attend.

wannable

So Grosvenor camp says the Sussex are not invited.

The Sussex camp says they are but declined indirectly stating they are trouble so will not go.

Will the Grosvenor camp reply back is the question.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on December 06, 2023, 05:10:31 AM
William and Harry were both Ushers at the van Cutsem/Grosvenor wedding, nuptials which I remember people talking about for a very long time because of that story that leaked, but Charles and Camilla weren?t present. Due to the proposed seating arrangements they both refused to attend.

That true

sara8150

Quote from: wannable on December 06, 2023, 11:36:13 AM
So Grosvenor camp says the Sussex are not invited.

The Sussex camp says they are but declined indirectly stating they are trouble so will not go.

Will the Grosvenor camp reply back is the question.

Yes

Nightowl

Humm, save the date, thought that was for things like office parties now, or friends getting together, not weddings, is that how invites are now for weddings? Just save the date?  Anyhow more drama of course from the Sussex's is to be expected as usual with them......they have to be seen and heard daily anymore, they might vanish otherwise.  It is just going to take some time is all as then they will become like Edward and Wallis in that big house in Monticello.  It is called patience, so let them shout out how wonderful, important they are.......it is only their fans that love them, strangers in the night*

sara8150

Quote from: Nightowl on December 07, 2023, 01:38:43 AM
Humm, save the date, thought that was for things like office parties now, or friends getting together, not weddings, is that how invites are now for weddings? Just save the date?  Anyhow more drama of course from the Sussex's is to be expected as usual with them......they have to be seen and heard daily anymore, they might vanish otherwise.  It is just going to take some time is all as then they will become like Edward and Wallis in that big house in Monticello.  It is called patience, so let them shout out how wonderful, important they are.......it is only their fans that love them, strangers in the night*

I?m agreed with you Harry and Meghan is like Edward and Wallis but Edward and Wallis lived in France till Edward?s death in 1972 and Wallis?s death in 1986

wannable

Lady Sarah Chatto and her husband Daniel Chatto arrive at Westminster Abbey today

Nightowl

Just wonderful to see them attending the event,  love seeing all of them there, Catherine I believe puts her heart and soul into this and it shows. Boy is George growing tall, he will really be a tall lad as he grows  up. 

Does anyone know if it is being shown in the US and where.....I could not find it, Thanks

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on December 09, 2023, 12:52:45 AM
Just wonderful to see them attending the event,  love seeing all of them there, Catherine I believe puts her heart and soul into this and it shows. Boy is George growing tall, he will really be a tall lad as he grows  up. 

Does anyone know if it is being shown in the US and where.....I could not find it, Thanks

https://parade.com/culture/kate-middleton-christmas-carol-service-how-to-watch

Nightowl

Thank you Curryong for the info on the Swedish Noble Prizes.  I like to watch it every year.

AristoHisto

With all this talk about the invites, save the dates, and seating arrangements, I?m so excited to see who shows for the Duke?s wedding. Who do we think we will see aside from the Prince and Princess of Wales? I?d bet the whole Percy clan for one! I wonder if we will finally see the lovely Earl with a girlfriend? I can?t wait for all of the arrival pictures (hopefully we will get some)!

Curryong

I doubt that the whole Percy clan will turn up, George and Max Percy perhaps. Melissa is married to an American, lives over there and has three very small children. She might attend but imo probably not. She seems settled in the US.

George has never, as far as Ive read about this clan, (Melissa and the Straubenzees were friendly with Harry as well) had a serious relationship with anyone of the opposite sex in spite of being a friend of Pippa Matthews years ago. He?s almost 40 now. And Max and his wife just have the one daughter. If Max has no sons that will be the end of that branch of the Percys, I?m afraid.

wannable

There is 700 aristocratic families in the UK alone

It will be the wedding of the decade

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on December 28, 2023, 12:42:30 PM
There is 700 aristocratic families in the UK alone

It will be the wedding of the decade

It will undoubtedly be a big wedding. However, I doubt very much that representatives of 700 families will be turning up. There just aren?t the interwoven connections between the majority of those families that there once were, or were even fifty years ago. Few social occasions where they could all meet for example. The Season each year has long gone. It?s virtually an enclosed and shrunken world nowadays.

Hugh will have his friends and relatives and his fianc?e hers and there will be family friends from both sides, as with most weddings of whatever class. Yes, there will be a smattering of British royals. Highly doubtful that foreign royalty will turn up in large numbers, however.

TLLK

Quote from: AristoHisto on December 28, 2023, 05:53:10 AM
With all this talk about the invites, save the dates, and seating arrangements, I?m so excited to see who shows for the Duke?s wedding. Who do we think we will see aside from the Prince and Princess of Wales? I?d bet the whole Percy clan for one! I wonder if we will finally see the lovely Earl with a girlfriend? I can?t wait for all of the arrival pictures (hopefully we will get some)!

This is going to be a very exciting event!!

wannable

The yearly Tatler Magazine social parties, country pursuits, etc. indicate the contrary to no interwoven connections.