Harry and Megan Relationship

Started by SophieChloe, January 09, 2017, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 25, 2017, 06:07:38 PM
"Charles's own history with the unsuitable Camilla"

Have we learnt anything from the last 30 years??? :ugh: The most important qualification for a royal couple is their love for one another or at the very least respect one another enough to stay in that marriage. The so called virgin tests, royal blood tests etc. have brought nothing but misery for the monarchy. I would hope that Charles and Diana will be the last arranged royal wedding.  It would be scandalous for Harry to be denied his title simply because he fell in love with a woman that some consider "unsuitable". Meghan is not some serial killer so I really think people might be kind enough to give her a chance.
:goodpost: And I'll add to that compatible personalities, a supportive partnership and shared interests would be indicators of a sound marriage. IMO this is why we've seen the younger generation looking for partners outside of the reigning/non-reigning royal and princely houses because their parents were unhappy in their marriages.

Curryong

^ I meant by that remark in my post about unsuitability that Camilla was seemingly regarded by the grey men at BP to be unsuitable for the young Charles, when they were both single. It's been stated in countless biographies that Charles had to have a virginal bride, not one with a past.

It has been said that Camilla had had many boyfriends and would therefore have been thought to be unsuitable for a Royal bride in the 1970's. I wasn't referring at all to the Camilla of the 2000's. Sorry I didn't make myself clear!

Kate

Quote from: sandy on January 16, 2017, 12:24:27 PM
Well look at Uncle Gary's antics. William still married Kate.  I don't see this as Karma, if these two want to get married they will. The brother would be marginalized as Uncle Gary was. Harry and Cressida broke up and it's over. How they treated each other is known only to them.
I believe the difference in the two issues, is that Uncle Gary is rich and likely gave his sister and husband a helping hand. Where as I somehow feel that Meghan's family are not wealthy, nor have travelled in more sophisticated company, as Uncle Gary has through his money friends.

sandy

Uncle Gary was apparently advised to have a lower profile after he gave the indiscreet interview with the press about how William and Kate visited the Case de bang bang. William even had to stage a photo op with Kate to show all was well, Uncle Gary's interview was not enthusiastically received to say the least.

Kate

I just want to point out regarding Meghan that she is an ambitious actress who has been in the business for several years and that publicity and getting it, has been her top priority to achieve success and being known in the industry. She was married and divorced and then had a steady (live - in??) boyfriend until Prince Harry showed his interest, and suddenly she was FREE from the boyfriend. IF this romance fades off ( and I personally hope it does, cause when the break up comes, I feel Prince Harry will be devastated) , she'll have had world wide publicity  all because of her connection to Harry. IF they marry (God forbid) or not, she has had millions of dollars in advertising and publicity. IMO, of course!

sandy

Quote from: Curryong on January 25, 2017, 09:33:15 PM
^ I meant by that remark in my post about unsuitability that Camilla was seemingly regarded by the grey men at BP to be unsuitable for the young Charles, when they were both single. It's been stated in countless biographies that Charles had to have a virginal bride, not one with a past.

It has been said that Camilla had had many boyfriends and would therefore have been thought to be unsuitable for a Royal bride in the 1970's. I wasn't referring at all to the Camilla of the 2000's. Sorry I didn't make myself clear!

Charles gave a first hand account of this to his biographer DImbleby. He said he met Camilla when he was"too young" to marry and Charles did not give any indication that they had a future. I maintain that Charles himself did not consider her suitable back then to marry and be the mother of his heirs. I don't think Charles was ever told  not to marry her. He did not even try and agreed apparently with his Great Uncle that Camilla was to be mistress material. Charles did not push to marry her back then.

Kate

Quote from: sandy on January 26, 2017, 12:26:08 AM
Uncle Gary was apparently advised to have a lower profile after he gave the indiscreet interview with the press about how William and Kate visited the Case de bang bang. William even had to stage a photo op with Kate to show all was well, Uncle Gary's interview was not enthusiastically received to say the least.
I do recall he disappeared from the media attention and believe Carole must have given him a sibling talking to. He knew what was expected of him after that interview . I somehow can't see Meghan's family towing the line as Uncle Gary did..

sandy

Quote from: Kate on January 26, 2017, 12:27:08 AM
I just want to point out regarding Meghan that she is an ambitious actress who has been in the business for several years and that publicity and getting it, has been her top priority to achieve success and being known in the industry. She was married and divorced and then had a steady (live - in??) boyfriend until Prince Harry showed his interest, and suddenly she was FREE from the boyfriend. IF this romance fades off ( and I personally hope it does, cause when the break up comes, I feel Prince Harry will be devastated) , she'll have had world wide publicity  all because of her connection to Harry. IF they marry (God forbid) or not, she has had millions of dollars in advertising and publicity. IMO, of course!

Well Kate Middleton had a boyfriend when she met William and the boyfriend was history not long after. She set her sights on William. I think she'd have to quit acting if she marries Harry. Sophie kept on her lower profile career but had to quit because of the fake sheikh interview. I think the PR will be pointless if she marries one of the most famous people on the planet.

As for Uncle Gary, I think Meghan's family would also tow the line. Hillary Clinton's brothers all but disappeared after the scandal of selling pardons. Relatives can be agreeable to save embarrassment for their famous relative.

Curryong

In mid January Richard Palmer tweeted about the Harry/MM romance on his Twitter Page. He remarked that there was concern in Royal quarters about the antics of several members of Meghan's family. However, he stated, 'Harry's happiness is paramount'.

Palmer has contacts within KP and is generally non-hysterical when reporting on the BRF. As someone who has followed the BRF for more decades than I care to remember, I believe his assertions are correct. I have picked up some idea over the years about how members of the royal family react in certain situations. Therefore the faint hope that some on Twitter have that Charles or the Queen are going to step in and order Harry to drop Megham is extremely ill-founded. Sorry, Miss Video News and those who believe the British monarchy will topple as a result of this possible wedding!

Since Prince William of Gloucester was discouraged from his romance with a foreign divorcee back in the late 1960's, there has not been one single instance of the Queen or the Prince of Wales or any other Royal person strong-arming any family member about their love life.

Any concern is about Meghan's family, not about her, and remember she has not spoken one word about this relationship. Also, if Harry wishes to marry her then, if what Palmer wrote is correct,  his relatives will accept that decision, Ms Video News not withstanding.

By the way, I see that one of the two chief anti-MM bloggers has retired from the fray today. The heat too intense in that New York kitchen? Or perhaps she sees that in spite of her daily rantings about the matter neither Harry nor Meghan have issued any break-up statements and are still in contact with each other in spite of her assertions otherwise.

Or just perhaps she is retiring from Twitter/her blog because she has just an inkling now that she may have been incorrect all along about their breaking up. This way she can be well clear of the avalanche of abuse her little Twitter followers will unleash, if there's an engagement later. Good luck to her New Jersey mate too!!

royalanthropologist

I understand and agree with the point of view expressed by @Curryong. The attitudes of the men in grey suits was just atrocious. On one hand the bride must be pure but on the other the man can be used goods with no problem.  :hehe:

BTW someone mentioned the unfortunate Sarah Ferguson. I will just repeat this icy comment by a courtier. "Great girl...just doesn't know how to be a princess". Sarah never intentionally tried to harm or destroy her husband and his family. That is why they still get on after the divorce and the queen is willing to indulge Sarah even after all those scandals.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

TLLK

QuoteI will just repeat this icy comment by a courtier. "Great girl...just doesn't know how to be a princess"

Sadly Sarah doesn't know how to be an adult IMHO. :(

sandy

Quote from: royalanthropologist on January 26, 2017, 04:32:23 AM
I understand and agree with the point of view expressed by @Curryong. The attitudes of the men in grey suits was just atrocious. On one hand the bride must be pure but on the other the man can be used goods with no problem.  :hehe:

BTW someone mentioned the unfortunate Sarah Ferguson. I will just repeat this icy comment by a courtier. "Great girl...just doesn't know how to be a princess". Sarah never intentionally tried to harm or destroy her husband and his family. That is why they still get on after the divorce and the queen is willing to indulge Sarah even after all those scandals.

Oh but she did. With her cavorting topless  and also her boyfriend shown with Fergie and baby Beatrice in a photo and embarrassing her husband and his family. Andrew was more of a gentleman than his brother and did not have his pals trash Fergie to the media. He never intentionally hurt his wife and put her down in public the way Charles did with his wife. And he did not have a "special friend" around." The Yorks divorce was very civil because I think Andrew was genuinely fond of his wife. Charles found his an annoyance and he made it plain to all and sundry via his biographer that he married Diana to have heirs and love had nothing to do with it.  Andrew is not perfect but he treated his wife kindly. I would not call Fergie "indulged." She is left out of royal events most of the time and is rarely seen with them. Andrew Parker Bowles got an invite to William's wedding but Fergie didn't. Shows the royal mindset.

royalanthropologist

I am going to be a devil's advocate here @sandy. Sarah was not the most faithful wife or even the most controlled but at no point did she ever threaten the succession or even the institution. I know the DOE hates her but the Queen seems rather fond of her, something of a secret indulgence. I understand she has recently appeared on the court circular and sometimes uses royal palaces for her event.  Not inviting her to W&C wedding was very mean and illogical. This was a former daughter-in-law with living children and a civilized relationship with her former husband. As for APB, I think that the royal family actually likes him personally. He was a silver stick in waiting, dated Princess Anne and has been a very compliant cuckold. That is why they were happy to invite him at Ascot even during the release of the Andrew Morton book.
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

sandy

Diana did not threaten the succession. She had no real power and she never said Charles was incompetent to be King. She said the top  job would put limitations on him. Diana was dispensable to them. I don't think the Queen is fond of Fergie, I think it is more tolerating her. She was fond of her at the very beginning but that turned sour rather quickly. They actually invited Camilla AND Andrew to Ascot in 1992, they were still married and Charles friends denied there was an intimate relationship between Charles and Camilla. Charles spilling the beans in 1994 made it impossible for Andrew PB to continue the happily married facade. Morton only referred to Camilla as Charles "friend". The Queen could have overturned whoever made the decision about Fergie (if it was not the Queen who engineered it) and invited her to William's wedding.  Leaving out Diana from the equation, Charles threatened the monarchy by his admission of an affair (he became very unpopular) and the question of how he would marry Camilla and still be Head of the Church was another big issue for him. He ended up marrying Camilla in a civil ceremony.

royalanthropologist

" If I could write my own script; my husband would go away with his lady and leave me and my children to continue the Wales name".

"What I want is my husband's peace of mind and from that follows certain things, yes" in response to a Bashir suggestion about skipping a generation.

If that is not threatening the succession then I do not know what is. 

sandy

It was wishful thinking on Diana's part. She could say she hoped Charles would disappear for good  but she had no power whatsoever. Charles' sympathizers and relatives said a whole lot more damaging stuff about Diana, even after she died.  She did not say Charles was incompetent nor organized protests against him. She said the top job would put limitations on him.  Charles pals called Diana "damaged" "mentally ill" and so forth and made him and Camilla look like saints. Junor in her biography about Harry assailed Diana for being a "bad mother" and Junor is close to Charles and Camilla. Diana did not say the first sentence in the Bashir interview BTW and Bashir is considered to be the prime reference for Diana's attitude re: Charles. Charles said a lot of damaging things about his own parents the year before to his biographer which I find more of a threat.  Charles got lambasted by the media for his whining. I would say Charles did more to damage the monarchy by his words and actions.
The first sentence in your quote came from Morton's private tapes which were not released in Diana's lifetime so the only public statements came from Bashir which did not question Charles' competency

Kate

So... no new news regarding Prince Harry and Meghan... 4 days since there was a comment. Hopefully, (I hope) the relationship is petering off. Maybe Prince Harry even read some of the comments here and in the newspapers, and has seen the light...Perhaps if Meghan had been anything other then an actress, as a couple, they may have survived.. Too too much publicity (good for her), which as an actress she would love, but then her family got in on it....and that may have been that!

Curryong

^ If Harry and Meghan are still together, and I believe they're still in touch, they are hardly likely to be seeing each other at the start of the new season of Suits beginning on TV. The cast has been tweeting about it and holding interviews in Totonto and elsewhere to publicise it.

Harry has learned his lesson from what Chelsy and Cressida had to go through due to dating him, and any meetings, dates etc in the future are likely to be extremely low key, in secret locations and may be overseas or in parts of Britain where they are not likely to be disturbed.

I don't believe Harry takes guidance for his life and who he dates from people venting in the DM or on Twitter and Tumblr (thank God Twitter's dying.) These are people who don't know him, don't know her, don't know about the restrictions of dating as a Royal but take every opportunity they can to vent and criticise to their heart's content, anonymously from their computer or cell phone.

If he and Meghan have split, his and/or her decision. If they continue dating, same thing, if they marry, the same. It's absolutely absurd that people online or on the internet think they have the right to dictate who a person should date or marry, and Harry's reaction to the hysteria that has gone on since November would be, IMO, exactly what you would expect any sane person's to be.

Eri

^ I have seen no "hysteria" about Megan nothing Cressida, Kate or even Flee didn't get ... I also don't think people think while EXPRESSING THEIR OPINION it will effect Harry's decisions in any way they are just EXPRESSING THEIR OPINION ... if you ask me Megan is long gone ... so the people who don't like her will be pretty happy soon ... no way this would have been a along term thing anyways ... I have been saying this all along she is his transition girl into his next serious girlfriend and that won't be a middle aged divorce ...

Cat00

I don't think Meghan is a transitional girl, quite the opposite. She's very different from Harry's other girlfriends. She is 35, is intelligent, Has life experience, She will hardly let Harry escape. The only thing I think might ruin the relationship, is she want to keep acting career

Curryong

^ ^ Well, Eri, all that I can say to you is that what I have seen in the last few months on behalf of some anonymous posters on Twitter, Tumblr and Forums has amounted to what I regard as full blown hysteria. Cress got it pretty bad but Meghan has had it far worse. It was so bad on RD that the whole thread had to be locked until there is an engagement, if there is one. That forum has been going for nearly a decade and it has never happened before, where Harry's girlfriends were concerned.
One board helper who had been at that forum for years  stated to me that she knew that when Harry looked as if he seriously might get married that all hell would break loose. And it did.

Some Harry Tumblr sites were under such attack for a while that several of the operators threatened to close. Two overseas bloggers in particular have taken it upon themselves to spread such scandalbutt against Meghan that it's a good job for them that they can't be sued for libel. Several hundred anons have been absolutely glorifying in it all.

I've been on the Internet and posted on various forums and lurked on blogs and Twitter sites for years and I have honestly never seen anything like it. If Meghan had been an axe murderer she couldn't have been slandered more. Yes, people expressed their opinion, all right.

Eri

^ Again ... nothing Cressida or even Pipps (who is an outsider) haven't gotten during the Years ... at certain forums it can get pretty nasty even now about Cressida and her whole family especially her mother and brother that were treated as mass murderers ... while Megan's brother gets arrested for holding a gun on someone's head and it's treated like it's normal ... so don't give me that ... Megan has been treated with satin gloves if anything because if you dare to say anything about her suddenly you are a racist  :thumbsdown: ... she wanted the attention LEAKING the relationship in the first place ... well she got it ... I wouldn't cry for her ... this woman would die if  suddenly people stopped talking about her that is why she has Twitter and Instagram ... by the way a mortal sin when it came to poor Cressida ... if anything again ... she is treated very well compared to Cressida who still for reasons unknown gets bashed and named called ... imagine if Jacobi had given the interviews Megan's classless family have given ... he would have been hanged on Boards like this ...

Curryong

Meghan is online because The Tig is another source of income. She's an actress and so, like most other people in show business, she also uses Twitter to communicate with her fans. She has never mentioned Harry on either IG or Twitter, never given an interview mentioning him and has stopped virtually every comment on The Tig which might be considered controversial in any way, shape or form. She certainly doesn't use Twitter for huge amounts of her own PR. She's hardly been on there for weeks.

Eri

^ I think it's amazing I find here the ONLY two fans of a woman who is despised by her OWN SISTER ... this woman cheated on her living in partner to upgrade to a Prince , brought in plenty of drama with lawyers in Town on Day one of this "relationship" , she has managed to have people call for Harry's Title to be revoked because she got him to put an IGNORANT statement out there and has a family that makes the Midds look classy ...plenty of reasons people have voiced their unhappiness with her ... again ... Cressida and her family wouldn't and didn't survive half of the things Megan and her family did ...hopefully it is over but she has done so much damage I can't see Harry recover she has managed to make him the new Andrew ... I don't think people will view Harry the same ever again ... he is so done and it is all thanks to her ... he would have to keep his head down and another 3 Years single to improve the current mess he is in ...

royalanthropologist

"this woman cheated on her living in partner to upgrade to a Prince"

Ha ha @Eri. I think it runs in the family. There is at least one current member of the royal family who fits that statement to a T :hehe: