Andrew and new Epstein Trial

Started by Curryong, July 10, 2019, 01:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on January 30, 2020, 03:50:29 PM
Yes he did say in his interview that he wants to collaborate, hence his lawyers are waiting for an official in paper request.  A tape recorded microphone to media is not official and can't be filed in their or the victims lawyers or the FBI file. 

Of course I'd like him to collaborate and testify to both parties; the victims lawyers and the FBI. Or subpoena as a witness, this also comes in paper as being 'served' (envelope with the notice)

Yes and like you @wannable I would like to see Prince Andrew collaborate and testify, but IMHO for the sake of avoiding any legal errors, this needs to be handled in a manner that will ensure no loopholes.

QuoteHowever, under something known as "Mutual Legal Assistance" (MLA), both prosecutors and the lawyers acting for Epstein's accusers can issue a formal request for the prince to give evidence (known as a deposition) in the UK.

In relation to the criminal investigation, this would take place at a magistrates' court, almost certainly Westminster Magistrates Court, where it is customarily done.

Prince Andrew would be sworn in and asked questions. The hearing would take place before a judge in private. However, he could exercise his right against self-incrimination and choose not to answer.

In relation to the civil claims, there is a similar process. Again, a formal letter of request must be issued under MLA. The High Court would then appoint an examiner - either an experienced barrister or a "master", a judge who deals with procedural matters before a trial.

Prince Andrew would be required to attend a place and answer questions on oath in a private hearing. Questions would be put by lawyers representing Epstein's accusers, and Prince Andrew would be entitled to legal representation. Again, he could exercise his right against self-incrimination and not answer.

In both the civil and criminal proceedings, Prince Andrew could seek to have any formal MLA request set aside before he is deposed, on the grounds that he has no relevant or material evidence to give.[

Double post auto-merged: January 31, 2020, 01:21:21 AM

The BBC is nominated for their interview with Prince Andrew.

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: January 31, 2020, 01:21:45 AM

QuoteWe?ve been nominated for Scoop of the Year for our interview with Prince Andrew on his links to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The interview made headlines around the world.

QueenAlex

Obvously he should cooperate but I doubt if he'll come out with anyting helpful. IMO he's likely to not remember things because he doesn't notice anyone outside his own circle...

Curryong

I doubt Andrew's sex life is that thrilling that he is unable to remember having sex with a young girl he wanted to sleep with in London, following previous adventures in Florida and on Epstein's island. The sort of amnesia Andrew professes would be called 'convenient' in anyone less than a monarch's favourite son.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Curryong on January 31, 2020, 09:23:02 AM
I doubt Andrew's sex life is that thrilling that he is unable to remember having sex with a young girl he wanted to sleep with in London, following previous adventures in Florida and on Epstein's island. The sort of amnesia Andrew professes would be called 'convenient' in anyone less than a monarch's favourite son.
I'd say that Andrew has had a very busy sex life..so he probably doesn't remember the details very well.. added to which I think he clearly doesn't notice people who are "just there" to serve him or his friends.  It may be conveneitn but I am not sure if it will result in anything helpful.

Curryong

Andrew clearly remembers Ghislaine Maxwell. In fact he stated in that notorious interview that she had been his friend for years and he had met Epstein through her. She had been to BP and Royal Lodge etc and it was her house in which Virgina and he had been photographed. As he (and Fergie) had such a long acquaintance with Ghislaine the procurer she was clearly in his circle. I'm sure he could dredge a few salient details about her from his dodgy memory if he really tried.  :hehe:

wannable

Quote from: QueenAlex on January 31, 2020, 08:59:43 AM
Obvously he should cooperate but I doubt if he'll come out with anyting helpful. IMO he's likely to not remember things because he doesn't notice anyone outside his own circle...

What kind of cooperation may he do with both the FBI and the Victims? Both parties have to make carefully crafted questions that MAY be ENTERED into the file.

sandy

Quote from: QueenAlex on January 31, 2020, 09:26:54 AM
I'd say that Andrew has had a very busy sex life..so he probably doesn't remember the details very well.. added to which I think he clearly doesn't notice people who are "just there" to serve him or his friends.  It may be conveneitn but I am not sure if it will result in anything helpful.

Andrew's "sex life" in the charges against him were with underage girls.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on January 31, 2020, 01:38:26 PM
Andrew's "sex life" in the charges against him were with underage girls.
What charges?  I didn't know that he had been charged. I thought taht he was agreeing to speak to the FBI to add to any information they had about the Epstein case.

sandy

Read up on the case.

He is accused of having sex with underage girls. He associated with one of the most sleazy people who walked on the planet.

QueenAlex

Quote from: sandy on January 31, 2020, 01:45:02 PM
Read up on the case.

He is accused of having sex with underage girls. He associated with one of the most sleazy people who walked on the planet.

yes he has associated with Epstein, but I did not know of his beign charged with anything.  My understanding was that he'd agreed to answer questions from the FBI to add to their knowledge.

sandy

His alleged victim is very vocal and yes she accused him. And others have complained about him. He will get away with it if guilty and if the Queen lets him keep the HRH, she will get even more criticized than she has already been.

wannable

And they don't have the proof, hence the microphone on media, it's a tactic to see if Andrew falls into the trap of talking, hence his lawyers/machinery.

Hence also my comment on carefully crafted questions. 

Accusations may fly, but without solid proof, it will fall in a court of law.

Disclaimer: Just being realistic.

sandy

So he'll get away with it, never mind the victims.

QueenAlex

But he is not charged with any kind of sexual offences as far as I know.  He Is agreeing to talk about what he saw around Epstein nad Maxwell..

sandy

Yes, he's "innocent" and the picture was faked. Yeah right.

wannable

I don't think the photo is fake, but they aren't naked to ''prove'' a point.  The court will require Andrew to ADMIT or a video of them naked, which would be considered enough proof, accepted to be entered/sustained.

sandy

Andrew's own interview made things a lot worse. There will be a backlash if there is evidence and he gets away with it.

TLLK

Quote from: sandy on January 31, 2020, 01:48:12 PM
His alleged victim is very vocal and yes she accused him. And others have complained about him. He will get away with it if guilty and if the Queen lets him keep the HRH, she will get even more criticized than she has already been.
I agree with you however keep in mind that Prince Andrew has not been formally charged with any crime.

Quote@wannable Accusations may fly, but without solid proof, it will fall in a court of law
Yes this is absolutely true.

@sandy-As far as I can tell, no one in this thread is supporting Prince Andrew's behavior. We're just pointing out that  to date he's not been formally charged with any crime in the U.S., the UK or any other country. Now the reaction to his ill advised interview was enough of a revelation to the public and his patronages/charities to convince him that he needed to stop performing public duties. However it is possible that Prince Andrew will never be formally charged with a crime.

SophieChloe

His backside should be hauled over to the US to answer questions.  IMO it's disgraceful that he hasn't already. 

Using Anne Sacoolas and that situation as a *dead cat* is disgusting. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

wannable

Both issues are extremely delicate; one accused of pedophile, the other with CCTV killed a minor.

SophieChloe

^ Exactly.  Both should be hauled to account for their alleged actions.  Not used as bargaining tools. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

wannable

The Foreign Office apparently denied an exchange is being used.

Blue Clover

Andrew should come clean and cooperate with the investigation in the US. He must have much to hide and perhaps fears prosecution if he tells what he knows. He could make a deal for leniency if he tells the truth/testifies.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Blue Clover on February 01, 2020, 06:00:04 AM
Andrew should come clean and cooperate with the investigation in the US. He must have much to hide and perhaps fears prosecution if he tells what he knows. He could make a deal for leniency if he tells the truth/testifies.

I doubt if Andrew is fearing prosecution as it seems that all they want is to ask him what he knows.  But he's hardly going to talk to the FBI without an official request to his lawyers.