Prince & Princess Michael of Kent news and general chat

Started by marine2109, October 05, 2009, 05:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on July 03, 2022, 08:46:57 AM
just something about her features and smile and i've never like Margo.  but this thread is about Ps Michael.  I was surprised when you said PM was petite as Marie Christine is said to be about 6 ft tall isn't she.

Yes, I explained in my last couple of posts that my original post on this was mistakenly about Prss Margaret because I hurriedly didn?t read the thread heading. Hence my remark about ?Prss M? (Margaret) being petite. In my last post I did state that Princess Michael of Kent was once described as being Valkyrie-like (one of those tall statuesque Wagnerian women!) and I wrote of her as being tall, striking and elegant.

Amabel2

yes  i know that, but i meant that when you referred to how petite she was, I was surprised, also  a bit surprised about the dark hair.. but I think that Marie Christine used to have darker hair when she was younger, and i presume she dyed it blonde.   She certainly was a beauty in her 30s and 40s...  better looking than Margo. 

Curryong

I think that both women in their different ways were nice looking. It?s a matter of taste I suppose. Margo certainly didn?t age well, by her mid forties she got quite jowly. However, I do think she had lovely eyes and hair in her teens and twenties. I think Marie Christine was very striking, one of those tall slender elegant blondes one always notices. (I do think she lightened her hair in adulthood, she may have had golden brown hair before, but she?s been blonde for decades so it?s hard to think of her as anything else now!)

TLLK

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/news/2023/june/22/20230622-home-counties-reservists-honoured-at-hms-wildfires-annual-divisions

QuotePrince Michael of Kent was guest of honour as Naval Reservists from northwest London and the Home Counties paraded for HMS Wildfire?s Annual Ceremonial Divisions.

The unit ? which is based inside the UK military's Northwood headquarters ? is the hub for maritime reservists from across Middlesex, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.

Scores of Wildfire sailors were joined on the parade ground by a string of local Sea Cadets (TS St Albans, Renown, and Whaddon), Merchant Taylor?s Combined Cadet Force, the Hertfordshire Royal Marines Cadets and the Northwood Royal Navy Volunteer Band.

Watching, in addition to families, were local dignitaries, affiliates and the Commander Maritime Reserves, Commodore Mel Robinson.

Beyond an impressive display of military pomp and ceremony, divisions allowed Wildfire to honour its best and brightest who have stood out over the past 12 months with Prince Michael ? Commodore-in-Chief of the Royal Naval Reserve ? presenting a number of awards.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

Sad news for Lady Gabriella Kingston who was widowed today.  Her husband Thomas Kingston has died.

sara8150

Curryong

Dreadful news for Lady Gabriella and Thomas's other loved ones. 45 is very young to die and the couple had only been married for a few years. May he RIP.

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on February 27, 2024, 07:23:52 PMDreadful news for Lady Gabriella and Thomas's other loved ones. 45 is very young to die and the couple had only been married for a few years. May he RIP.

Gabriella and Thomas both been married in 2019 for five years no children

TudorQueen

Wow what a shock. Condolences to Gabriella and the rest of Thomas' family.

Having lost my sister to a sudden stroke at the same age last summer, losing someone so young is a shock.

To be widowed at 42 before you even made it to your 5th wedding anniversary.

LouisFerdinand

Thomas is so young. He always had a happy uplifting smile.

PrincessOfPeace

Thomas Kingston, the husband of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's daughter Lady Gabriella Kingston, died from "traumatic head wound" and a gun was found near to his body in an outbuilding at his parent's home in the Cotswolds, an inquest opening at Gloucestershire Coroner's Court heard.

Curryong

So it was suicide. What a dreadful thing. Lady Gabriella and other loved ones including Thomas's elderly parents must be devastated.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on March 01, 2024, 08:08:12 PMSo it was suicide. What a dreadful thing. Lady Gabriella and other loved ones including Thomas's elderly parents must be devastated.
My deepest sympathy to the Kingston family and Lady Gabriella.

LouisFerdinand

It is absolutely unbelievable news. Thomas was so young.

PrincessOfPeace

Prince William joins mourners at Thomas Kingston's funeral: Wife Lady Gabriella Windsor and her parents Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attend private service at the Chapel Royal in St James's Palace after his sudden death aged 45

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13188199/Prince-William-Thomas-Kingston-funeral.html