The Iffy-Wiff Club: The Sussexes Legal Action Part 1

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

I just reposted a long article of his win

It must be boredom day

Nightowl

^
Harry won 140.000 and he's thrilled and happy, okay yet he could of had 350,000 in an earlier deal, somehow that does not make sense to me that he is happy......more like he lost money because he has other attorney bills to pay....seems he is not good with money at all, that 140,000 can only buy Meghan 28 dresses at 5,000 each which should last her a year at least.....if they go broke they can always sell her wardrobe.

Nightowl

Well that is one hefty mistake made and hope Harry learns a lesson from it. Life does not revolve just around Harry or Meghan wishes.

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Harry has settled the remainder of his lawsuit against Mirror Group Newspapers over phone-hacking and other unlawful acts after the publisher agreed to pay substantial damages and his legal costs, his lawyer told London's High Court -

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/prince-harry-accepts-substantial-damages-settle-mirror-group-case-2024-02-09/

FanDianaFancy

Phone hacking is totally wrong. BRF even has a right to talk on the phone.
Tampon and Swuilly tapes, BACK THEN, all those involved should have paid in a personal lawsuit. I just don?t mean what media outlets, but any Tom, Dick, n Harry reporter too.
There should have been jail time for those involved.

Yes, Iside with Henry on filing a lawsuit in phone hacking. The other things,no.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on February 09, 2024, 01:11:06 PM
Prince Harry has settled the remainder of his lawsuit against Mirror Group Newspapers over phone-hacking and other unlawful acts after the publisher agreed to pay substantial damages and his legal costs, his lawyer told London's High Court -

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/prince-harry-accepts-substantial-damages-settle-mirror-group-case-2024-02-09/

The publisher should not be the only paying. The publisher, media outlet did not do this first as in it hacked phones. The humans did this who run the media outlet. Do you understand what I am saying?

PrincessOfPeace

BREAKING: Prince Harry has lost his High Court challenge against the UK Government over a decision to change the level of his personal police protection when visiting the UK, having stepped back as a working member of the Royal Family.

https://x.com/CameronDLWalker/status/1762795466956136760?s=20

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Harry will seek to appeal against the High Court ruling, a spokesperson has said.

Nightowl

Maybe someone could sit this manchild down and explain the *FACTS* to him, he left the monarchy, the country and the royal family all on his own choice, that is a FACT and it can not be spun anyother way.  Hence, there is NO security for you or your wife and children, pay for it as Netflix is paying you for doing nothing....now how do I get a job paying me millions while I do nothing except play polo, ride horses, accept fake awards, shout and scream nobody loves me......LOL

Nightowl

Harry *demands*......okay, so who is he demanding info from and does he think they are really going to do as he says....LOL.  Poor child, you really are a lost soul in this world, just because you were born a royal prince does not make you a good or better person then those around you or anywhere.  Someone in his circle of friends or whomever needs to sit him down tell him the facts of his life, he is no longer royal prince who can *demand* things in life.  Oh well he will definitely hit bottom someday and learn the very hard way!

Blue Clover

Quote from: Nightowl on February 29, 2024, 12:37:06 PMMaybe someone could sit this manchild down and explain the *FACTS* to him, he left the monarchy, the country and the royal family all on his own choice, that is a FACT and it can not be spun anyother way.  Hence, there is NO security for you or your wife and children, pay for it as Netflix is paying you for doing nothing....now how do I get a job paying me millions while I do nothing except play polo, ride horses, accept fake awards, shout and scream nobody loves me......LOL

I'm afraid I will have to agree with the consequences you listed here. This is what happens when you stop working for the royal family.

Nightowl

Harry does *not* think before he speaks or takes action on something, he just goes with what ever his feelings are at the moment, I see that as I have done the same and it takes time and will power to be quiet at times in the head so you can think of what to do in a mature manner.  This is causing him problems, I wonder if all the staff they employ are YES people as that does make him to go crazy at times. In the royal family I think there was someone always around to slow him down a bit and make him see things differently, now there isn't that backup.......hence we see a Harry out of control with his *demands* and how he thinks he is the victim here and nobody loves him ......he broke the *family trust* and that will not be repaired any time soon if ever. He just does not get what he has done and has let his wife also betray the family.  He has had everything in life handed to him on a gold platter and there is NO sympathy for him now.

I predict that in time he will only be in the news when he does something stupid again, they will be forgotten like Edward and Wallis were.  He badmouthed Catherine and I believe William will never forgive him for that ever...William will protect his wife and children at all costs to him and Harry destroyed that brotherhood with William by coming after his wife.  Since when does a sister-n-law think it is proper to take pictures of William's children's bedrooms......that is dangerous right there!

Curryong

Actually Edward and Wallis weren't 'forgotten at the end,' at least while Edward was alive. Wallis had developed dementia and became a recluse because of it in her widowhood. However, if any royal nowadays develops dementia they don't come out in public either.

I can remember the Duke and Duchess of Windsor coming over to London and their visits were covered by the Press as was Edward's treatment at the London Clinic. They were often pictured in magazines on board ocean liners with friends. The Queen and Charles visited the Duke in Paris. That's hardly being forgotten!

And, it was a different scenario to Harry as Edward was an ex King, but he lay in State for three days and thousands of people (ordinary Britons) filed to view his bier. The funeral service was broadcast by the BBC.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_and_funeral_of_Prince_Edward,_Duke_of_Windsor

Harry will no doubt be buried at Frogmore as a King's son and brother and no doubt the RF will turn up as they did for the Duke at the funeral session at St George's, even though Edward hadn't lived in England for over thirty+ years.
So, if an ex monarch was 'forgiven' for an abdication that caused a genuine constitutional crisis and shook an Empire, and he and his wife weren't and aren't forgotten, then Harry (who will continue to visit his father in the months and years ahead that Charles lives) certainly will.

How do any of us know what members of the RF feel about Harry? And that includes the British media. Nobody knows but them. Anne for instance was noted as greeting Harry warmly at Balmoral and at the Coronation.

Wish fulfilment about what should be felt by others about an individual does not work.

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Harry's lawyers have alleged the Sun unlawfully targeted Meghan Markle via a private investigator.

The Duke of Sussex's lawyers told the High Court an investigator provided information in 2016 for two stories on the future Duchess of Sussex.

These stories were published shortly after Prince Harry and Ms Markle started their relationship.

News Group Newspapers (NGN) - which owns the Sun - deny the allegations, with a trial set for January 2025.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68627510.amp

PrincessOfPeace

"Prince Harry's failed legal bid to overturn a Home Office decision to deny him the right to automatic police protection cost the taxpayer more than £500,000, the Telegraph can reveal.

The cost to the public purse will likely raise questions about the merits of a member of the Royal family taking legal action against the Government.

Figures released via a freedom of information request reveal that the total cost of fighting two separate judicial review claims lodged by the Duke of Sussex over his security reached £514,128.

That included more than £180,000 for counsel, £320,000 for the Government Legal Department, £2,300 in court fees and almost £10,000 in e-disclosure.

Mr Justice Lane dismissed the Duke's case in a scathing 52-page ruling handed down in February after two-and-a-half years of legal wrangling.

He ruled that the decision made by the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (Ravec) to withdraw state-funded security for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex when they stepped back as working royals and instead review it on a case by case basis whenever they return to the UK had not been irrational or procedurally unfair.

He also rejected the Duke's "inappropriate, formalist interpretation" of the process and said that taxpayer-funded security should not be used to protect the Duke and Duchess from paparazzi.

The ruling left the Duke facing an estimated legal bill of more than £1 million."

https://archive.fo/2024.03.27-143326/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2024/03/27/prince-harry-failed-police-protection-back-taxpayer-500000/

Kristeh-H

That the Royal Family actually supported the Sussexes having govt. funded security, makes H and M's claim (lie) on Oprah even worse.  And that H and M blamed the security issue on the family and tried to tie it to race is particularly ugly and mean-spirited. 

Amabel2

Quote from: Kristeh-H on March 29, 2024, 09:28:15 PMThat the Royal Family actually supported the Sussexes having govt. funded security, makes H and M's claim (lie) on Oprah even worse.  And that H and M blamed the security issue on the family and tried to tie it to race is particularly ugly and mean-spirited. 
what a surprise!

TLLK

Quote from: Kristeh-H on March 29, 2024, 09:28:15 PMThat the Royal Family actually supported the Sussexes having govt. funded security, makes H and M's claim (lie) on Oprah even worse.  And that H and M blamed the security issue on the family and tried to tie it to race is particularly ugly and mean-spirited. 

Yes it is disappointing to know that Prince Harry and Meghan's  claim during the Oprah interview regarding security and the BRF was false.

Kristeh-H

I'm glad that it was proven false, as I suspected all along, but it was a mean-spirited betrayal.