Main Menu

Cinrit

Started by Macrobug, April 09, 2015, 01:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macrobug

I regret to inform the board that our Cinrit died on Monday.   I was waiting to let the admins announce this, however RFM announced it on his/her twitter and so I felt it was only fair to the RIF to let everyone know. 

She had been battling cancer for a long time and it unfortunately came back recently.   She asked her family and friends to not hold a funeral or a memorial, but instead to give to local animal shelters and rescues; a cause close to her heart.

I have known Cindy as a online friend for almost four years.  She was a kind and gentle lady who had a great interest in royalty, especially the Tudors.  She always could see the positive aspect of most topics, something I always admired.

I know I will miss her.    :hug:
GNU Terry Pratchett

Lady Adams

Oh no, that is terribly sad. I agree, @Macrobug, Cindy always found the positive in situations and thought the best of the public figures we discuss on here.

:flower:

Macro, if you know her family, please send our condolences.  :hug: :hug:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Macrobug

I posted this on her obituary tribute page

QuoteCindy was a member of Royal Insight Forum for many years. She contributed greatly to our online community and was greatly respected for her knowledge, kindness, positive outlook and humour.

On behalf of the forum, I would like to send our heartfelt condolences to her family and friends. We will greatly miss her.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Lady Adams

That was very heartfelt and kind, @Macrobug. I hope her family can take some comfort in the fact they are joined in grief by many across the world.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Curryong

I am so, so sorry to hear this very sad news. May she rest in peace. Cindy was a lovely person.

tiaras

This is very sad news, she was a very big part of this forum. As an administrator and someone who always saw the positive in every situation. My heartfelt condolences go out to her family and friends. May she rest in peace.

Canuck

I didn't know Cindy as long as many of you did, but from my first days on this forum she stood out for how welcoming, kind, and helpful she was (all the more remarkable in light of what she was going through offline).  I was so very sad to hear this news, and I know how much I'll miss chatting with her.

tiaras

I know I am going to miss her posts, I miss them already.

In All I Do

I'm quite sure that I'm not alone in remembering Cindy as the first person to ever PM me to welcome me to the board. She was a wonderful presence and I think we're poorer for her absence.

SophieChloe

Thanks for letting us know @Macrobug.  I knew she had been unwell and was just about to PM her to ask how she was doing.  RIP Cindy. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

HistoryGirl

This is absolutely terrible news. She did so much for this forum, not only with all the great articles she provided, but also with the great perspective she brought to all topics. Above all, I'll miss her kindness, positive attitude, and civility. RIP Cindy.

Limabeany

No. This made me cry. One never thinks of people we know dying, even if we only know each other online, it makes little difference, when faced with something like this, one realizes, even without a face, we spend so much time in each other's company. I will miss her.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

wannable

A very good friend indeed, I shall miss her dearly. Good memories of her early days as an ambassador and on going PMs.  🐱☕️🍦 may she RIP.

Orchid

Macrobug, thank you for paying tribute to a lady who was much liked and respected across our community here at RI.

The news of cinrit's passing has shocked me to the core - I am truly saddened to hear of her loss. Sadly I had no idea she was battling cancer. I can only hope that given her love of all things royal and historical that the forum and her group of friends here provided her enjoyment, interest and solace as she battled such a devastating disease. In honour of cindy and in her memory I shall make donations to Cancer Research UK and the RSPCA. 

Such sad news, such a sad loss.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

missbliss

How very sad.  She was always a very positive sort of person and very polite too (something it's easy to struggle with especially online!) I hope she did not suffer too much pain.  Rest in Peace, cinrit

SophieChloe

Oh gosh, I truly hope she was in no pain. 

Rebound

Cindy was so kind and positive. I will miss her very much.

amabel

Quote from: HistoryGirl on April 09, 2015, 09:51:02 AM
This is absolutely terrible news. She did so much for this forum, not only with all the great articles she provided, but also with the great perspective she brought to all topics. Above all, I'll miss her kindness, positive attitude, and civility. RIP Cindy.
I can't beelive it. I've known her for 4 years and she was the sweetest person.. and so brave and positive

HistoryGirl

^I know. I was in shock when I first heard.

Windsor

This is very sad news. Thank you for letting us know. My heart truly goes out to her family and friends. I want to thank her for the huge amount of time and effort she dedicated to this forum. May she rest in peace.  :hug: :cry:

SophieChloe

I hope so too.  She promised to greet me *up there* Knowing Cindy - she'll keep that promise! 

Sweet dreams xxxx

Lucy

Quote from: wannable on April 09, 2015, 10:31:40 AM
A very good friend indeed, I shall miss her dearly. Good memories of her early days as an ambassador and on going PMs.  🐱☕️🍦 may she RIP.

Indeed, Wannable. Just " spoke " with the Darling Lady a few days ago. She always exuded Peace & Kindness toward all those she held dear and tried to understand all others. Not a mean bone in her body. I shall remember her as Sunny through all storms.

Sorry, tried to remove Sig but was unable to.
DIANISTA # 1

SophieChloe

Yes not a mean bone in her body.  That sums her up perfectly @Lucy.  Well said  :hug:

Orchid

The sentiments expressed in this thread are a credit and a tribute to cindy's character - clearly she was very much respected and appreciated, both as a team mate, an Ambassador, a long-standing contributor and an online friend too. No matter how distant we all are online, there are subtle connections made between those we speak with frequently and clearly cindy has connected with many people here in a very positive and lasting way. I only wish I could have expressed these thoughts to her directly. Equally I hope she knew how well liked she was.
"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."
-Winston Churchil

Lucy

Thank You, very much, SophieChloe, most kind.   :flower:

Cindy set a fine example to all we posters, no matter who they liked or didn't like. She was the essence of " Agree to disagree " given we surely had diverse opinions about various royals.  :D And as Windsor noted, she selflessly contributed a great deal to this forum for a long while. Orchid and thoughtful others summed up Cinrit's  lovely ability to make friends and stay loyal to personal opinions without rancor.

I think we'd all like to have been able to hug her one more time and tell her just  how much we care. Yet, at the end of the day, I believe she knows!  :friends:
DIANISTA # 1