Meghan's Fashion, jewelry and accessories

Started by TLLK, May 25, 2017, 11:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanDianaFancy

Engagement photos and interview outfit, fine. She needed pantyhose on though.

Enganment photos, no. That dress was too expensive. Whether she borrow3d it or bought it with her own money, no.
Christmas, fine. She looked best yet.

Kritter

I know I am in the minority but I liked the engagement outfit & thought it suited her very well. But when I look at someone's clothes what they paid for it is not uppermost in my mind.     :love12:

TLLK

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on December 27, 2017, 03:08:07 AM
Engagement photos and interview outfit, fine. She needed pantyhose on though.

Enganment photos, no. That dress was too expensive. Whether she borrow3d it or bought it with her own money, no.
Christmas, fine. She looked best yet.
@FanDianaFancy- She's only had a few official outings, but so far this is my favorite of her outfits. I also like that her hair has a wave to it.

Kritter

Birks Snowflake Large Jacket Earrings

QuoteWhat to wear when meeting your entire extended Royal Family-to be? In Meghan?s case is was this pair of gorgeous Maison Birks earrings. As seen on Meghan Markle when arriving at Buckingham Palace for the 2017 Christmas Lunch and at Sandringham for Christmas Day 2017.

Double post auto-merged: December 28, 2017, 02:25:27 PM

http://meghansmirror.com/meghan-markle-beauty/heres-everything-meghan-markle-wore-in-2017/

QuoteTo say that 2017 has been quite the year for Meghan Markle would be an understatement! She wrapped filming on her TV show, closed up her lifestyle blog and got engaged to a Prince. We can?t imagine how Meghan feels looking back on the 2017 that was.

WOW This should send Meghan's detractors into overdrive. How much did that cost, how much did that cost?    :lol:

TLLK

FanDianaFancy

Kritter

Meghans Mirror
‏ @MeghansMirror

QuoteFound! #MeghanMarkle wore the @ClubMonaco Tay Dress on Christmas Day Club Monaco Tay Velvet Dress ?
Meghan's @ClubMonaco dress from #Christmas Day is now on sale at Club Monaco, marked down by 30%! Club Monaco color Red Tay Dress in Size 0
Club Monaco Tay Velvet Dress

TLLK

Sharp eyed fashionistas are claiming that this is the dress Meghan wore for the Christmas service at Sandringham. It's a gorgeous color IMO.

Meghan Markle wore $298 Club Monaco dress to Sandringham | Daily Mail Online

wannable

The velvet wrap dress is lovely although it has a very low cut. I wonder if for lunch she had it altered, if not the plunge is...

I have a few wrap dresses myself, wear them with a bodysuit, if not one would need to wear pasty/tape brassiere.

Kritter

No way of knowing for sure but chances are she was not showing body parts to the Queen & PP. Or she could have changed.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on January 02, 2018, 02:11:49 PM
The velvet wrap dress is lovely although it has a very low cut. I wonder if for lunch she had it altered, if not the plunge is...

I have a few wrap dresses myself, wear them with a bodysuit, if not one would need to wear pasty/tape brassiere.
@wannable-I believe that she could have wrapped it so the neckline was not so low or she could have opted to wear a camisole/body suit in a coordinating or contrasting color. (An extra layer would probably help as the Queen is said to be "thrifty" when it comes to heating at her residences.) :D

Kritter

Kritter

Meghans Mirror‏ @MeghansMirror

QuoteWe called it... #MeghanMarkle's @MarksAndSpencer jumper she wore this morning is now completely SOLD out!!!

Marks & Spencer Wool Blend Round Neck Bell Sleeve Jumper

Kritter

Style tip Meghan Markles's picked up from Kate Middleton | Daily Mail Online

QuoteAs a former actress Meghan Markle is well used to dressing for the red carpet and being in the spotlight, but it seems that Prince Harry's future wife has picked up one crucial style tip from the Duchess of Cambridge since moving to the UK to live with her royal beau.

The bride-to-be has been showing off her prowess at diplomatic dressing during her recent public appearances, by wearing a mixture of brands from Canada where she lived for six years and her new home, the UK.

I was wondering how long it would take the media to start giving Kate credit for Meghan's popularity & style. They think we are morons.

wannable

All brand stores have a scope of styles and colors, from MM past life to engagement, she wears contemporary fashion, a lot of neutrals white/black, beige or burgundy and dark blue. 

Kate has gone through the entire pallet and her style is classic with a bit girly fashion.

The article basically says, MM wore during her latest royal outing clothes from brand stores where Kate has previously and still uses.

TLLK

QuoteThe bride-to-be has been showing off her prowess at diplomatic dressing during her recent public appearances, by wearing a mixture of brands from Canada where she lived for six years and her new home, the UK.

For instance, she stepped out for her first official engagement of 2018 this week in a scarf by Jigsaw, an M&S jumper and Burberry trousers - all British brands - and a coat by Canadian retailer Smythe. 

It's a trick the Duchess of Cambridge often uses, especially on overseas tours - by wearing a local designer while still championing British fashion.

Celebrity stylist Rochelle White told Femail:  'I think most people will see this as a positive message and, a bit like Kate, makes her relatable.

'It shows that she hasn?t forgotten who she is as a person, her home country and what she likes. She is keen to show her love for British fashion but also combines it with designers that she has properly worn for a while.'

This seems like a normal transition from one place to another. Quite likely she did something similar when she moved from CA to Ontario. She incorporated pieces from her old wardrobe with new ones bought in Canada. If her future sister-in-law and UK friends have given her suggestions about which brands are good quality at a reasonable price, that is a bonus for her IMO.  :)

SophieChloe

IMO Meghan wears the clothes SHE likes and Kate  wears what she believes Posh people wear.  Just like the silly take voice. 

Either way, Kate is beyond rattled......GOOD. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Trudie

Honestly I believe Meghan has developed her own style as Kate developed her own. Perhaps Meghan has read or does follow the British fashion magazines. I would credit Kate perhaps with hats since Americans or Canadians do not wear them on a regular basis except in Winter.

TLLK

Who are Hiut Denim, the Welsh fashion company chosen by Meghan Markle? - Wales Online]

QuoteCardigan has a long history of making jeans - for almost 40 years the town was home to a factory that made 35,000 pairs of jeans each week for UK retailer Marks & Spencer. But in 2002 the facility closed with the loss of 400 jobs when production was moved to Morocco to cut costs.

So when David, a proud Welshman, was looking to open a factory to start making jeans, he chose the town.

The company name is a combination of the first two letters of his surname and the word "utility".

Now exporting 25% of its jeans, it takes Hiut about one hour and 10 minutes to make one pair, compared with 11 minutes at a highly mechanised jeans industry giant.

A pair of skinny fit jeans like Meghan's will set you back ?175.

If you liked Meghan's skinny jeans the company link is in the article.  :)

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

wannable

Our favorite etiquette expert William Hanson  :D

QuoteAvoid the high street, ditch the black, and NEVER wear denim again: Etiquette expert William Hanson?s royal style advice for Meghan Markle following her debut engagements
By William Hanson for MailOnline - January 19th 2018, 10:57:34 am
According to etiquette expert William Hanson, Meghan Markle is not on top of her style game. He says she must ditch the black coats and stop wearing clothes from Marks and Spencer.

William Hanson says Meghan must master royal fashion rules | Daily Mail Online

She's probably emulating Princess Mary of Denmark, a frequent pants wearer and mismatch earring princess. She did it first!

TLLK

@wannable-Don't forget all of the royal ladies of Spain who have been wearing trousers for years now: Sofia, Letizia, Elena and formerly Cristina. (I've also seen Letizia with mismatched earrings too.)

The Northern European ladies tend to stick  with dresses and skirts unless the event calls for pants, but the ladies in Spain are frequent pants wearers.