Prince Andrew General Chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, October 15, 2016, 02:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Prince Andrew will be able to keep his three Royal Protection Officers (at a cost of 300,000 pounds a year) after the Queen appealed a Home Office cost cutting exercise. They were supposed to be axed on Monday.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/118014...yguards-queen/

PrincessOfPeace

I thought I read somewhere else its only a temporary reprieve. Hes still on course to lose his security

QueenAlex

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on June 08, 2020, 09:29:14 AM
I thought I read somewhere else its only a temporary reprieve. Hes still on course to lose his security
Can't quite see what he needs security for anway, as he's stuck at home and isn't doing any kind of royal duties.  I think in the near future he will lose the tax payer funded security and the queen will have to pay

wannable

A kidnapping, a killing/murdered may and has occurred with famous public persons right in their own home, quarantined or not.

Disclaimer: Playing the devils advocate of what is facts and historical.

Curryong

I've just purchased (at a cheap price) the new bio of Andrew by Nigel Cawthorne. Atrociously written, so much so that I wonder whether he bashed it out on his laptop on a 24 hour period, including the time when he should have been sleeping!

Some of the indulgences shown to Andrew as a child by both his parents but not to the other siblings are detailed. He certainly does not appear to have been popular with his peers or superiors during his training for the RN nor afterwards as a junior officer. 'Full of himself' was the prevailing view.

A great deal of the book is taken up with Epstein and his victims, innumerable girls' testimony and statements. There are also descriptions of the highly unusual interior decoration in the Epstein residences which it would have been impossible for anyone who wasn't blind to miss. A 'masseuse' was available to passengers on Epstein planes.

There are also accounts of his travels with Ghislaine M over the years, and of the friendship between the Yorks and Epstein and his procurer of a girlfriend. Financial Corruption as well, Andrew saying to a friend 'You're talking my language!' when the pal suggested a way of covering things up. Nobody could read this and have any lingering respect for Andrew whatsoever!

QueenAlex

This sounds like a hatchet job.. while God knows Andrew's behaviour has been beyond appalling in latter years.  However I don't think he was always like this. Arrogant, spoiled and selfish, yes but I think he did his best to bea  good husband to Fergie and  a good father. I think the increasing corruption started with the break up of the marriage.  He wanted money for himself and Fergie and both of them began to cultivate dubious friends and dubious business deals to get it..

TLLK

In February, QEII and the DoE shared a baby photo of their second son who was the first baby born to a British monarch in over 100 years. (Click on the link to see a black and white photo of Prince Andrew sitting with his maternal grandmother.

The Queen shares baby photo of Prince Andrew to celebrate his 60th birthday | London Evening Standard

QuoteThe Royal Family Instagram and Facebook accounts posted two photos to celebrate the occasion on Wednesday.

One is a black and white childhood photo of Andrew with his grandmother, the Queen Mother, and the other an official portrait taken in recent years.

A caption reads: "On this day in 1960, Prince Andrew was born at Buckingham Palace, the first child born to a reigning monarch for 103 years. Happy Birthday to The Duke of York."

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

Wolf is one of the levels for Cub Scouts. :)

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

A wedding, a pregnancy and an outcast: The York Family?s Year in Review ? Royal Central  :snowflake:

A year that saw the Duke of York absent from all public royal events but that brought happy news for the family with the announcement of Princess Beatrice's wedding and Princess Eugenie's pregnancy.

Curryong

Andrew may be put in the spotlight in the bullying Inquiry at BP aides fear. There have been reports for a very long time about Andrew?s attitude towards staff, including shouting and ?unreasonable demands?. Apparently he did things like insist his drinking water was at room temperature and that his valet had to take a six foot ironing board with him whenever he travelled with PA.

Aides now fear complaints about Prince Andrew's behaviour towards staff | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Very glad that an outside firm is taking charge of the investigation at BP as they do need to have a policy in place regarding allegations of bullying coming from the "principals" aka member of the BRF as well as other employees.

TLLK

Security scare at Windsor as woman, 44, walks into Prince Andrew's house | Daily Mail Online

[q

QuoteA 44-year-old woman who claimed to be engaged to the Duke of York was let into his official Windsor residence by bungling security guards, it has been revealed.

Security officers were so taken in by the Spanish national's polished appearance they even paid her cab fare before waving her into the grounds of Royal Lodge in Windsor Great Park at 11am on Monday.

The woman, who has now been sectioned under the 1984 Mental Health Act, spent 20 minutes wandering the grounds before heading inside the Grade II listed building to ask a member of staff where the duke was, reported The Sun.

Police were called and she was held in the lobby after she told the staff member she was engaged to Prince Andrew, her name was Irene Windsor and she lived there with the duke.
[/quote]

Curryong

This reminds me of the story about the woman in India who threatened to sue Harry for breach of promise to marry her, that appeared online about a week ago. There are certainly some very disturbed people around, who need some extra care and attention.

TLLK

Thank you for the reminder @Curryong. I was sure that there had been another recent incident with someone convinced that they were engaged to a royal but I couldn't remember which one. Windsor Castle Estate security let her in because she was well groomed and nicely dressed?? Why didn't they contact Prince Andrew to see if he knew her name or was expecting a guest? <_<

Macrobug

Someone is going to be in trouble.  Poor security
GNU Terry Pratchett

Curryong

A thread to discuss general news for Prince Andrew. Do not post or discuss anything related to the investigation into Prince Andrew.

Andrew seems to be doing quite nicely thank you in spite of recent disgrace. He left his father?s funeral in a new 220,000 pounds Bentley he had spray painted racing green. It had been blue when it was delivered.

Prince Andrew leaves father?s funeral in brand new ?220,000 Bentley ? Royal news | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

wannable

Prince Andrew is removed from almost 50 patronages as charities rush to distance themselves from him over to links to paedophile Jeffrey Epstein

Groups such as the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Children's Fund and the Children's Foundation have all dropped the Duke of York as a patron, according to the Sunday Telegraph

The above news confirms he is forever banned to be a senior working royal, a fear by some that he was looking for ways for a come back.

Curryong

Over on another forum a poster stated that at the time many of Andrew?s charities ditched him after the disastrous BBC interview, he still had about 300 charities, many of them possibly dormant. So there must be about 250 remaining from now. The one that should go is his Colonelcy of the Grenadier Guards. The Grenadiers didn?t want him but were told there wasn?t an option, they had to accept him. However, as he has completely retired from public life he?s hardly likely to be riding in the Trooping of the Colour in the future.

wannable

That's good.

Do you think there will be Trooping and Ascot during Charles reign? Perhaps new events that represent Charles until his life cycle is over, come William. I'm moving the question to Charles board/When king. Sorry.

wannable

Fitting to place this article in this thread, PP is dead so?

Can there be any more dramatic case of royal redemption than that of Sarah, Duchess of York?

Exiled after her divorce from Prince Andrew, Fergie has been welcomed back into the fold to such an extent that she has been invited to stay at the Queen's Scottish retreat this summer, I can disclose.

And, unlike previous visits, when she had to make a quick getaway before Prince Philip arrived, the Duchess can stay at Balmoral for as long as her ex-husband.

'Sarah Ferguson is coming,' confirms my man in the kilt. 'She will be here with Andrew.'

The Duchess, 61, has been invited to the Deeside castle in previous years, but has stayed for just a few days until the Duke of Edinburgh joined the Queen.

Until his death in April, Philip had studiously avoided Fergie since a tabloid newspaper disclosed details of her affair with American 'financial adviser' John Bryan in 1992.

She was staying at Balmoral on the day that paparazzi photos were published of Bryan 'sucking' a topless Sarah Ferguson's toes (while she was still married to, but separated from, Andrew).

Curryong

Fergie may as well enjoy it while she can. Unlike the Queen, neither Andrew nor his ex wife are exactly great favourites of Charles. In the new reign the best either of them will probably be able to hope for will be one of those cottages that dot the Balmoral estate. As well as his relatives (and Camilla?s) house guests at the castle are likely to be the same friends that now come to Birchall. And that doesn?t include Andrew or Fergie.