Prince of Wales Hosted Reception at Clarence House, Cystic Fibrosis Trust

Started by cinrit, December 19, 2014, 12:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteThe Prince of Wales hosted a reception at Clarence House this evening, marking the 50th anniversary of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and to thank HRH Princess Alexandra for her contribution as Patron of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust since 1968.

The event was attended by friends and supporters of the Trust, including celebrity supporters Sian Lloyd and Gaby Roslin.

During the Reception, The Prince of Wales said:  "Ladies and Gentlemen, I just wanted to say that ever since I can remember, I've adored my cousin, so nothing can give me greater pleasure than to follow, in this case, in her footsteps. Although I fear I shall be rather inadequate, I fear, to her, all these years that she's been Patron, for nearly the 50years I suspect. 

Addressing Princess Alexandra directly, The Prince said: "I just wanted to express the warmest appreciation for all the things you've done over these years and I hope I won't let you down as Patron."

More: The Prince of Wales hosts a reception to mark the 50th anniversary of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust at Clarence House

QuoteThe Prince of Wales Marks the 50th Anniversary of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust

The Prince of Wales praised the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust as he marked becoming its Patron by visiting patients and staff at a leading hospital.

His Royal Highness toured the cystic fibrosis centre at the Royal Brompton Hospital in London and chatted to people receiving treatment.

The trust is now in its 50th year and in May The Prince succeeded Princess Alexandra, who had been Patron since 1968.

In an impromptu speech during his visit, The Prince told leading figures from the Trust and the Royal Brompton: "I just want to say, I'm so delighted to have a chance to visit the hospital and the unit here, which I know does such wonderful work on the cystic fibrosis front.

More: The Prince of Wales marks the 50th anniversary of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.