Chelsy Davy and Mrs. Carole Middleton at the Royal Ascot

Started by Adele, June 20, 2010, 12:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anitalalala

Bubles does looks fat on this dress shes wearing...and yes the dress is borrowed i guess...and i see anything worng about it.
The purse or is new or its also borrowed coz i dont remember seeing her wearing it.

anitalalala

She looks great to me actually...and the hat wich normally in my opinion  is the worse part of the outfit actually looks nice on her!!!!

Jenee

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

princesslily

One of my friends was there and said that Carole Middleton was really putting on a show for the paps, smiling and posing for them. She loves the attention just like her daughter. I thought they were claiming to be "private citizens"?

In the Daily Mail Photo, you can easily see her nipples. Oh dear!

Alixxx

soapstar

Quote from: princesslily on June 20, 2010, 10:45:16 PM

Oh dear, indeed. Maybe it's some type of Ascot trend that we don't know about. Chelsy's were clearly visible too.  :laugh:

Kate

Quote from: Wickedly Good on June 20, 2010, 04:37:27 AM
Did anyone think it odd after all the debate we have had regarding jobs and whether it would have been suitable for Kate to work at someplace like a Sothebys or a Christies given the press intrusion, that linked to the bottom of this article was the announcement that Princess Eugenie had taken a summer job at Christies?  I am thinking it would of been ok... No?

This type of position for Kate, would have been ideal.. NO ONE would have bothered her. Christies and Sotherbys woud have protected her if need be...IMO, she didn't want a tight committment!

Lucy

Quote from: Jenee on June 20, 2010, 09:29:12 PM
I think Carol's hair looks fine.

Definitely. Healthy and nicely styled.

No one at an auction house gets any more protection than anyone else, any where else, and I'm sure Eugenie will he heavily protected. Trucks with deliveries and people are in and out 24/7. You may have to go to a private home to collect a piece for appraisal. Besides, Kate already has a very good job , for more than two years.

Chelsy was certainly prancing about with her drink, thus plenty of pictures, one looking forlorn. It's on Getty.

DIANISTA # 1

Alixxx

^ Yes, they call that 'prancing about' enjoying one's self usually and nothing wrong with it either as your sarcasm seems to suggest. ;)

I think Mrs. Middleton's hair was fine but as a comment in the DM said and one that I agree with, fascinators look better with hair that is styled in an 'up' fashion or IMO, wavy to curly hair. With long, straight hair, it looks a bit large and out-of-place and sort of like it has a life of its own. :shrug:

Kate

Well its unfortunate that the girl didn't try for one of those types of position coming right out of uni. No one would be bothering her from the start. They would have seen that here is a girl "trying" to etch out a career and spot for herself. However she opted to be on call for Wm.. She really did sell herself short, IMO Her decisions have left some doubt about self-respect and dignity...No one bothered Sophie where she worked.
Glad to see that Chelsy had a very good time.  She's here for a good time, maybe not a long time, but will still maintain her self respect and her dignity for her choices..

sandy

THe bashing of Chelsy is now on a Carole Middleton Board. Go FIgure. Good for Chelsy for having a good time.

I think Kate would have been wise to work at Sotheby's or a gallery. She did have the time.

Alixxx

^ LOL.  :sigh:

I just realized we've never seen Kate at Royal Ascot before. Has Pippa ever been pictured there before?

Off-topic:
If Kate had gotten a job around the end of 2005 after finishing Uni. then by the time her profile really raised (2006) she would have been known as a career girl and should the paparrazi have become a problem later, I'm sure her employers would have provided her with some option to alleviate the issue. Besides, if you guys remember she said this:
QuoteWe'd say: 'Listen, do you want to go out the back way?' And she'd say: 'To be honest, they're going to hound us until they've got the picture. So why don't I just go, get the picture done, and then they'll leave us alone.'

If Kate understood that and was willing to get her pic taken in exchange for privacy at her job for the rest of the day, was the paparazzi situation in relations to work that untenable? I for one don't think so. I believe when she was out at nightclubs and events it was much worse than anything she faced in the day.

To me, I do think Kate wanted a job but a career was never going to be her priority. William always came first and her job had to work around that and 90% of jobs won't offer that kind of flexibility. So what better way to look hard-working, get something to occupy your time, have no paparazzi taking your picture in order for others to be aware of your working hours and get all the flexibility in the world needed to spend a weekend with you boyfriend or go on vacation? Working for the parents of course. And there's nothing wrong with that...if she is actually working like any other employee that is. ;)

jjonefifty

Although there will always be debate about whether Kate should have worked straight out of university or not I still am of the school of thought that everyone has a choice. She made hers and it appeared to have worked for her relationship with William. Kate with regards to your comment about no one bothering Sophie did you forget the infamous "fake sheik" incident which while it caused a huge amount of embarrassment for Sophie I think it would have spelled the death knell for Kate and William's relationship if something like that had happened. News of the World live to create scandal much like Sophie, Fergie, Uncle Gary and the almost scandal of Guy Pelly who was only saved because he noticed the microphone.  I'm sure they have tried with Kate and her family. They were successful with Uncle Gary but I'm sure they would like a bigger scandal if they could. For that reason alone I am happy that Kate works for her family in an environment where hopefully most of the employees can be trusted. In an environment such as Christies and Sotheby's everyone has a price.... stories leak or are made up and that's the reality of the situation. Kate at this stage can't afford any hint of a scandal. Call it making excuses if you will but that's my view and I'm sticking to it...

Scarlet Flowers

Chelsy looks happy for someone who supposedly broke up with her boyfriend.
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

Jenee

:doh: Why did you point that out?! And why did I look!!?? :blink:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

sandy

Quote from: jjonefifty on June 21, 2010, 12:58:38 AM
Although there will always be debate about whether Kate should have worked straight out of university or not I still am of the school of thought that everyone has a choice. She made hers and it appeared to have worked for her relationship with William. Kate with regards to your comment about no one bothering Sophie did you forget the infamous "fake sheik" incident which while it caused a huge amount of embarrassment for Sophie I think it would have spelled the death knell for Kate and William's relationship if something like that had happened. News of the World live to create scandal much like Sophie, Fergie, Uncle Gary and the almost scandal of Guy Pelly who was only saved because he noticed the microphone.  I'm sure they have tried with Kate and her family. They were successful with Uncle Gary but I'm sure they would like a bigger scandal if they could. For that reason alone I am happy that Kate works for her family in an environment where hopefully most of the employees can be trusted. In an environment such as Christies and Sotheby's everyone has a price.... stories leak or are made up and that's the reality of the situation. Kate at this stage can't afford any hint of a scandal. Call it making excuses if you will but that's my view and I'm sticking to it...

Sophie was already married to Edward when the Fake Sheikh episode took place. There is no reason in the world for Kate not to work--it was her decsion and her parents agreed to and apparently had the money to support her. Suppose the relationship didn't last long or they broke up after 5 years. And also suppose the girl couldn't afford NOT to work. I don't get the excuses for Kate made.

And couldn't the same problems happen wth Kate if she did't work. A man with a microphone could cause trouble if she was seen leaving a club. Is the girl supposed to go into Purdah out of fear? THat's no way to live. And what happened to other people doesn't mean it would have happened to Kate.

anitalalala

Quote from: Jenee on June 21, 2010, 01:01:14 AM

I cant believe that u guys just sayd that  :coy: :coy: :coy:
its funny but she is an old lady in the end...honestlly...
I think she looks fine really!!!
And yes she loves the atention..but she always been this way...theres no news about it... :shrug:
kate havent been to ascot never???
really i though she had... ???

jjonefifty

Exactly Sandy.. I wonder what would have happened had she not been married and that incident had happened? Would the relationship have continued I don't know but it just goes to show that no one is safe. You are right outside of a nightclub or wherever this sort of thing could happen so better to be safe than sorry. I don't believe that Kate should live in Purdah for the rest of her life but this is the choice that her and her family have made for her to work at Party Pieces and I think given that she is an adult she has to the right to make a choice which works for her. She isn't claiming social security or unemployment as far as I am aware so why shouldn't she work at her parents firm.

Take for instance this article which I am sure you have seen already by Belle Robinson. She states that signing Kate wasn't that lucrative. That in itself shows that people are willing to use Kate and her name for their own gain. I could go on and on all day it isn't going to change your mind but as far as I'm concerned Kate is better off exactly where she is right now.. Working for her parents firm and living her life the way she wants to. It other people don't like that..Oh well...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/investment/article7139659.ece

someonewholovesharry

Harryite # 0131                   Cherryite # 0001                   Chelsyite # 0037

sillyjobug

Harryite #0094   

Lucy

The red dress is gapping between the buttons. It's all very odd. What happened to Chelsy's clothes and her flat where she kept them?
DIANISTA # 1

Lucy

DIANISTA # 1

Adele

Bubble isn't fat. She's a pretty girl with real curves, just like Chelsy  :thumbsup:

Cherryite # 002

someonewholovesharry

Harryite # 0131                   Cherryite # 0001                   Chelsyite # 0037

Lila the Flirt

Quote from: Jenee on June 21, 2010, 01:01:14 AM

:haha: I noticed it actually but did not want to point it out :laugh:

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila: