Books, films, exhibits, and television programs about Diana Part 2

Started by Duch_Luver_4ever, May 25, 2017, 03:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

I understand from Diana?s brother and Duke of Cambridge wanted for protection on Princess Diana and no shooting the crown at althorp without permission of Earl Spencer,Duke of Cambridge and Duke of Sussex but can?t bring Late Diana,Princess of Wales back due conversation roles of late Diana,Princess of Wales out respect for Diana?s brother and her two boys

TLLK

Well I can understand why Earl Spencer has declined Netflix request to film at Althorp. It's a private estate and he can choose who can film there.

Now as for the the filming at Kensington Gardens, well there isn't much that Prince William can do about that one seeing that it is a public space and it's the location for the Serpentine Gallery. Serpentine Galleries

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on November 17, 2021, 12:18:19 AM

Well I can understand why Earl Spencer has declined Netflix request to film at Althorp. It's a private estate and he can choose who can film there.

Now as for the the filming at Kensington Gardens, well there isn't much that Prince William can do about that one seeing that it is a public space and it's the location for the Serpentine Gallery. Serpentine Galleries

I?m agreeing with you but althorp is so private property without permission from Earl Spencer and don?t forget about Kensington palace is also private property

TLLK

@sara8150 -Technically Kensington Palace is an interesting mixture of both public and private spaces.  However like all of the dwellings that the royals officially reside in,  Kensington Palace is owned by the state and has parts that are open to the public. Of course permission would have to be granted for any company that makes a request to film there.

Kensington Palace is one  of the six  Historic Royal Palaces. Official Site | Historic Royal Palaces

QuoteHistory of Historic Royal Palaces

Historic Royal Palaces was established by the government in 1989 in order to care for five royal palaces. We later became an independent charity and in 2014 took over the management of Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland.

sara8150

Quote from: TLLK on November 17, 2021, 04:26:28 PM
@sara8150 -Technically Kensington Palace is an interesting mixture of both public and private spaces.  However like all of the dwellings that the royals officially reside in,  Kensington Palace is owned by the state and has parts that are open to the public. Of course permission would have to be granted for any company that makes a request to film there.

Kensington Palace is part of the Historic Royal Palaces. Official Site | Historic Royal Palaces

You?re right about that

Princess Cassandra

I hope he does, as he is making a very strong effort to maintain and improve Althorp, and that is all so very costly. I hate to see those beautiful structures fall into ruin, and we know they cannot be replaced.

TLLK

The Crown's producers have been told "no" by another British institution, Eton College has denied access to the television program's cameras to film on site as the series moves on to the "War of the Wales." Winchester College will be substituted for Eton in the series.

Eton refuses to let Netflix film The Crown at college ahead of new series | Daily Mail Online

QuoteNetflix was barred from using Eton College as a filming location for The Crown after the streaming giant was accused of publishing a 'sinister' tweet about the Royal Family, it has been revealed.

The ?14,000-a-term all boys school, in Windsor, Berkshire, said it wanted nothing to do with the hit series, which chronicles the lives of the British monarchy throughout the 20th century.

It comes after senior palace sources reacted with anger in December last year after Netflix posted a tweet inviting viewers to watch a documentary on Princess Diana which they claimed would provide 'answers' to criticism of its flagship drama.

Critics had said The Crown's account of the breakdown of Prince Charles's marriage to the Princess of Wales was 'distorted and at times downright inaccurate'.

'Eton didn't want anything to do with The Crown,' a source at the 581-year-old school told the Daily Mail.

'It's very much aware of the criticism of the series.'   

wannable

Razzies: Filmed Version of ?Diana? Stage Musical Tops 2022 Nominees
Other top nominees for the worst films and performances include 'The Woman in the Window' and the Taryn Manning starrer 'Karen,' the trailer for which went viral.
Razzie Awards 2022 Nominations Nominees List ? The Hollywood Reporter

TLLK

Kristen Stewart has received her first Oscar nomination for Best Actress for her work in Spencer.

2022 Oscar Nominations: Full List of Nominees | PEOPLE.com

QuoteBest Actress

Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
Pen?lope Cruz, Parallel Mothers
Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos
Kristen Stewart, Spencer

Amabel2

TLLK

Diana: The Musical is tipped to win worst picture at the Razzie Awards | Daily Mail Online

QuoteDiana is also nominated for worst director (Christopher Ashley), actor (Roe Hartrampf), actress (Jeanna de Waal), supporting actor (Gareth Keegan), supporting actress (Erin Davie and Judy Kaye), screen couple ('any klutzy cast member and any lamely lyricized (or choreographed) musical number') and screenplay (script by Joe DiPietro, music and lyrics by DiPietro and David Bryan).

The Razzie winners will be announced on March 26, the day before the Oscars.

Diana: The Musical premiered on Broadway in November 2021, after being delayed by 18 months due to Covid. A filmed version premiered on Netflix in October.   

It was met with scathing reviews and social media verdicts on both sides of the Atlantic.

TLLK

Review of an exhibit about Diana that is currently in the U.S. I've never been to any exhibit about Diana and though I have been to KP's gardens and the nearby park to view the memorial garden and the fountain.

REVIEW: Diana exhibit gives fresh perspective into royal life ? Royal Central

QuoteWhen I read about Princess Diana: Accredited Access Exhibition, I wasn?t quite sure what to think. It?s advertised as ?the world?s first-ever walk-through documentary experience,? and to be honest, I wasn?t entirely sure what it meant. As I have a fascination with the Royal Family, I was going to go to the exhibit one way or another, even if it didn?t include things like royal outfits and other historic memorabilia.

I attended the exhibit in Chicago at Oakbrook Center, a mall in the suburbs of the city. When you walk up, you?re automatically taken into the world of royal life. I picked up my audio guide. To be honest, there were a ton of pictures on the wall, but I didn?t realise how interested I would be in the stories behind them. The audio guide is led by Samir and Zak Hussein, photographers and the sons of Diana?s trusted companion and lifelong photographer, Anwar Hussein. For the first time in 60 years, the world is able to hear about the infamous moments of Diana?s life that were documented and what went on behind the scenes. As the Hussein family puts it, she didn?t do what she was told but instead ? followed her heart.

wannable

HBO
@HBO

A modern woman. A historical monarchy. An uncontrollable public obsession.

#ThePrincessHBO, an original documentary and portrait of Princess Diana's life in the constant glare of the media spotlight, premieres August 13 on
@hbomax

sara8150

Barnes and Nobles

Books $18.99 plus taxes with Barnes and Nobles member cards
Nook $22.99 plus taxes with Barnes and Nobles member cards
Books will be in August 30,2022 eve Diana?s 25th death anniversary

LouisFerdinand

Is it absolutely necessary to get permission from Prince William and Prince Henry in order to write a book about Princess Diana?