Prince Joachim Sells His Castle

Started by cinrit, July 02, 2014, 01:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuotePrince Joachim, the younger son of Queen Margrethe, has given up on his life as a farmer in southern Jutland and sold Schackenborg Castle to a new fund he has created in the name of his now former home, the Royal House announced today.

The 45-year-old prince and his wife, Princess Marie, will move to Copenhagen where most of his family resides.

"Princess Marie and I are happy about our solution with the founders of the new fund," Prince Joachim said in a press release.

"It's been a difficult decision to sell Schackenborg, but I'm convinced that this solution is the best way to ensure the future of the castle."

More: Prince Joachim sells his castle - News - The Copenhagen Post

QuoteSchackenborg Palace Is Transferred to a Newly Established Foundation

The new foundation is named The Schackenborg Foundation and has been established by HRH Prince Joachim, the Bitten and Mads Clausen Foundation, Ecco Holding and Ole Kirk's Foundation with TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie as patrons.

The background for the establishment of the foundation is that the operation of the palace and its associated agriculture is difficult to reconcile with TRH Prince Joachim's and Princess Marie's other work and engagement in official duties and patronages. At the same time, the couple wish to move to the Copenhagen area due to family considerations.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attach importance to maintaining their close connection to Møgeltønder and Southern Jutland. As patrons, the couple will therefore continue to reside in the palace during periods of the year.

More: Schackenborg Palace is transferred to a newly established foundation - The Danish Monarchy

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

cinrit

QuoteJoachim and Marie Move to Copenhagen

A newly-created foundation will overtake the operation of Schackenborg Palace after the royals decide to move to the city for family considerations.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie are trading rural life for the hustle and bustle of the city.

According to a press release from the Royal House, Joachim and Marie are handing over ownership of the Schackenborg Palace in southern Jutland to a newly-established foundation.

The couple and their children will move permanently to Copenhagen "due to family considerations", the press release said.

More: Joachim and Marie move to Copenhagen - The Local

Cindy

TLLK

With Margrethe and Henrik experiencing some health concerns, I'm not surprised that the couple are moving to Copenhagen. Also I'd read that the farm was experiencing some financial issues too.

Blue Clover

True, maybe they want to be closer to the family especially now a their parents age.

TLLK

I understand that Marge has some back issues now.

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: TLLK on July 03, 2014, 08:20:51 PM

I'm guessing that by 'Marge' you mean Queen Margarethe - it took me a while to figure out who Marge is. :)

I wonder what will happen to their old home now that they've moved out. Perhaps Princess Elisabeth can move into it? Apparently, she is running short of money at the moment and has sold her villa, which I think was somewhere near Jutland but am not too sure.

cinrit

^^ According to the articles I posted:

QuotePrince Joachim, the younger son of Queen Margrethe, has given up on his life as a farmer in southern Jutland and sold Schackenborg Castle to a new fund he has created in the name of his now former home, the Royal House announced today.

Prince Joachim sells his castle - News - The Copenhagen Post

...and...

QuoteSCHACKENBORG PALACE IS TRANSFERRED TO A NEWLY ESTABLISHED FOUNDATION

The background for the establishment of the foundation is that the operation of the palace and its associated agriculture is difficult to reconcile with TRH Prince Joachim's and Princess Marie's other work and engagement in official duties and patronages. At the same time, the couple wish to move to the Copenhagen area due to family considerations.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attach importance to maintaining their close connection to Møgeltønder and Southern Jutland. As patrons, the couple will therefore continue to reside in the palace during periods of the year.

Schackenborg Palace is transferred to a newly established foundation - The Danish Monarchy

Cindy

TLLK

Quote from: HereditaryPrincess on July 04, 2014, 09:47:16 PM
Quote from: TLLK on July 03, 2014, 08:20:51 PM

I'm guessing that by 'Marge' you mean Queen Margarethe - it took me a while to figure out who Marge is. :)

I wonder what will happen to their old home now that they've moved out. Perhaps Princess Elisabeth can move into it? Apparently, she is running short of money at the moment and has sold her villa, which I think was somewhere near Jutland but am not too sure.
I understand that Elisabeth is living where her brother and sister-in-law lived.

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: cinrit on July 04, 2014, 10:42:17 PM
^^ According to the articles I posted:

Prince Joachim sells his castle - News - The Copenhagen Post

...and...

QuoteSCHACKENBORG PALACE IS TRANSFERRED TO A NEWLY ESTABLISHED FOUNDATION

Schackenborg Palace is transferred to a newly established foundation - The Danish Monarchy

Cindy

Ah OK, I must admit that I read this thread quickly since I was in a rush. I didn't see the articles at first.

Quote from: TLLK on July 04, 2014, 11:20:08 PM
I understand that Elisabeth is living where her brother and sister-in-law lived.

Thanks for the info. :) It would've been a nice thought to give Elisabeth Schackenborg.

Diandra

as some articles mention Joachim got 100 million out of the arrangement.

I don't think he would prefer to give the castle to princess Elisabeth.

It would have been a grand gesture I agree.

After all he got the castle for free at the time.