Late Diana,Princess of Wales admitted that Prince Charles wishes Harry was girl

Started by sara8150, April 18, 2019, 01:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: amabel on April 28, 2019, 10:03:20 AM
Do you really think that annoyance about F Giving an interview (whch she had done many times before) was enough to make a daughter completely blank her mother for several months and sadly die without making up with her?

Ye the public mostly (those who were interested) felt sorry for her enough to say "its understandable that she had had an affair wth Hewitt".. but when stories emerged of affairs or flirtations with men who were married or "already taken" they were a lot less tolerant and she began to get bad press.
and if Diana really cared about "not wanting to have affairs" in a moral sense -  she would harldy have gotten involved more than once with a man who had already an involvement.  O Hoare had a wife.  Dodi had a fianc?e/girlfriend.  There were also relationships with WIll Carling and Barry Mannakee which were flirtatious at least.. and all that tended to weaken the sympathy of the British public - They began to feel "she made a big fus about Chalres having an affair, and expecting her to tolerate it but she seems to expect the wives of her men friends to tolerate HER getting involved in relationships..

It was not an annoyance. Frances gave an interview saying that eventually Diana would be better off  without HRH.
That statement was near or after Diana fought, and lost for the HRH, if i'm not mistaken. She could have said that to Diana's face, and not to someone during an interview. It was unnecessary on Frances behalf.

Diana didn't know that she would die four months later. By the way, Frances was still in Dianas will when she died so in all
likelyhood she intended to talk to her again.

What men did she flirt with? Hoare who pursued her? Even Jephson said that Hoare called her etc. if i'm not mistaken.
Her staff didn't like him. Says alot.

Fayed left his fianc?.

I don't know much about Carling. But she had a working relationship with Mannakee. Perhaps they had a certain jargon between
them. Anyway nothing happened there.

The idea of publishing those kind of INSINUATIONS in the media was to try to weaken her standing with the public.

amabel

doesn't matter whether her staff liked Hoare or not.  Diana was the one who was involved with him..  and with Will Carling.
as fro Frances do you really really think that anyone would not speak to their mother for 4 months, over an interview?  It wasn't the first time that Frances had given interviews.  she liked a bit of press attention.  Obviously there were other issues. 
Frances wasn't in Diana's will, except possibly as an Executrix.. Di left everything to her 2 sons...

oak_and_cedar

It does matter, in my opinion, because they were around him, and got to "measure" him.

In my opinion, he had no good intentions, and probably led Diana on by claiming to be a "friend".

This in order for Diana to "fall" for him, and make a sexual relationship more likely. In my opinion.

There is a likelyhood that this was his intention because he had one married mistress (that we know of, in my opinion)
that talked, if I understood it correctly, about how he "comforted" her during her difficult time in her marriage.

If that is not loathsome I don't know what is.

What was her involvement with Will Carling?

Frances had given more than one interview that Diana probably tolerated. That Frances would speak about matters of
the divorce to the heir to the throne is a bit too much.

That Diana left her as an executor means that she trusted Frances basically.

amabel

there is plenty of informton about her and WIll Carling.  And as for Hoare, he did not become involved iwht Diana until she and Charles were separated or on the brink of separation.  He found her attractive...She palled up with him to keep an eye on what Charles was up to.. and they ended up as lovers.  She choose to do that, whether her staff liked him or nt has nothing to do with the fact that she got to know him and liked him well enough to have an affair.
TH odds are that Diana didn't think of removing Frances from her Will, she just left it as it was...

sandy

It does not mean they had an affair. Carling said there was no affair. Hoare and DIana never commented on the nature of the relationship or if they slept together. They are dead and will never comment now. Why is it assumed it was "sexual." With no confession from either one in the party.

Double post auto-merged: April 28, 2019, 10:13:48 PM

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on April 28, 2019, 02:14:09 PM
It was not an annoyance. Frances gave an interview saying that eventually Diana would be better off  without HRH.
That statement was near or after Diana fought, and lost for the HRH, if i'm not mistaken. She could have said that to Diana's face, and not to someone during an interview. It was unnecessary on Frances behalf.

Diana didn't know that she would die four months later. By the way, Frances was still in Dianas will when she died so in all
likelyhood she intended to talk to her again.

What men did she flirt with? Hoare who pursued her? Even Jephson said that Hoare called her etc. if i'm not mistaken.
Her staff didn't like him. Says alot.

Fayed left his fianc?.

I don't know much about Carling. But she had a working relationship with Mannakee. Perhaps they had a certain jargon between
them. Anyway nothing happened there.

The idea of publishing those kind of INSINUATIONS in the media was to try to weaken her standing with the public.

Oak, Carling publicly said there was no affair. And even Penny Junor who does not like Diana wrote that there was not. Julia Carling hae no leg to stand on. She also never said Diana and Carling were "lovers."

amabel

Julia divorced him because he had broken his promise to her not to see Diana any more.

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: sandy on April 28, 2019, 10:11:56 PM
Oak, Carling publicly said there was no affair. And even Penny Junor who does not like Diana wrote that there was not. Julia Carling hae no leg to stand on. She also never said Diana and Carling were "lovers."

Thanks Sandy. Junor not claiming it says something. Imo.

Double post auto-merged: April 29, 2019, 07:49:35 PM

Quote from: amabel on April 29, 2019, 05:16:18 PM
Julia divorced him because he had broken his promise to her not to see Diana any more.

In what capacity did they "see" each other anyway? Genuine question...

amabel

They were meeting at a gym in London..and Carling got married to Julia, his girlfriend. She became uneasy about the friendship or flirtation or some say affair.. and he said he would give up seeing Diana.. but he didn't...Im sure there's something on Wikipedia or past articles about it.

oak_and_cedar

But was it really a "friendship"? Perhaps it was an acquaintaceship, so to speak.

sandy

Quote from: amabel on April 29, 2019, 07:54:12 PM
They were meeting at a gym in London..and Carling got married to Julia, his girlfriend. She became uneasy about the friendship or flirtation or some say affair.. and he said he would give up seeing Diana.. but he didn't...Im sure there's something on Wikipedia or past articles about it.

Well he and Diana did eventually stop seeing each other. HE said there was no affair. 

Double post auto-merged: April 29, 2019, 08:57:38 PM

Quote from: amabel on April 29, 2019, 05:16:18 PM

She never named Diana as co-respondent. The marriage had been on the rocks when Carling met with Diana. Diana was not the reason for the divorce. They were having issues even before Diana.  Carling denied there was an affair.

Double post auto-merged: April 29, 2019, 08:58:46 PM

Quote from: amabel on April 29, 2019, 07:54:12 PM

Even Penny Junor said there was no affair which speaks volumes. If she had any proof I think she would have said there was.

Carling who was there said there was no affair. Julia never said there was a sexual relationship with Diana and Carling.

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on April 29, 2019, 08:00:06 PM
But was it really a "friendship"? Perhaps it was an acquaintaceship, so to speak.
No, it was at best a flirtation.. according to some an affair. Wives don't usually talk about divorce because their husband has an acquaintance with another woman

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: amabel on April 30, 2019, 04:25:38 PM
No, it was at best a flirtation.. according to some an affair. Wives don't usually talk about divorce because their husband has an acquaintance with another woman

But if Carlings wife didn't mention Diana in the divorce, perhaps there were other troubles too?

sandy

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on April 30, 2019, 04:53:10 PM
But if Carlings wife didn't mention Diana in the divorce, perhaps there were other troubles too?
that's not the point.  There was no need to mention Diana in the divorce since divorces are "no fault".  But she did mention Diana publicly as a factor in the break up of her marriage...

oak_and_cedar

But if they were only acquaintaces how was she a factor?

In what capacity did Carling and Diana meet for her to be a factor?

In my opinion, it sounds like there was more to the story.

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on April 30, 2019, 05:26:18 PM
But if they were only acquaintaces how was she a factor?

In what capacity did Carling and Diana meet for her to be a factor?

In my opinion, it sounds like there was more to the story.
Im sure this is all on the Internet but... Carling and Diana met frequently at a gym where they both did work outs and became friendly.  Carling was on the brink of marrying his wife Julia.  They married -but had teething troubles..  Will was still friendly with Diana but made an announcement that although his friendship was innocent, he would end it because it upset his wife.   Julia was suspicious of Diana.. and felt that even if the friendship was technicaly innocent, she didn't like it and wanted it stopped and that she didn't trust Diana.  According to some reports it was a full blown affair..
However Carling was seen going to KP delivering Rugby shirts for the boys and Julia had had enough.  She felt that he had broken his promise and she sued for divorce....

oak_and_cedar

So they met at a gym and were friendly with each other.

It's a bit over the top making a statement, in my opinion. Just stop seeing the person instead.

It sounds like Carling perhaps wanted to insinuate or get some talking "started" at the time. Am just speculating though.

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on April 30, 2019, 05:39:52 PM
So they met at a gym and were friendly with each other.

It's a bit over the top making a statement, in my opinion. Just stop seeing the person instead.

It sounds like Carling perhaps wanted to insinuate or get some talking "started" at the time. Am just speculating though.

I would say that Julia, who was in the marriage, knew what was going on and was annoyed about it.  She was a celebrity and they tend ot publicise things and so is Carling.  Julia was suspicious of Diana's intentions in being friendly with Will... other celebrity wives felt that Di used her status and charm to flirt with their menfolk...

oak_and_cedar

But it was Carling who said that he would stop seeing Diana and then visited her in order to give gifts to her sons.

Diana can't turn away another celebrity from her home so she sort of had to accept the gifts.

Perhaps he was trying to walk a fine line, to please his wife and yet leave the door open for Diana should she want to.

He even said nothing happened. Julia, if i'm understanding it correctly, said nothing happened.

Maybe she was focusing her attention on Diana instead of her husband? In my opinion.

What other celebrities wives?

amabel

Quote from: oak_and_cedar on April 30, 2019, 05:49:40 PM
But it was Carling who said that he would stop seeing Diana and then visited her in order to give gifts to her sons.

Diana can't turn away another celebrity from her home so she sort of had to accept the gifts.

Perhaps he was trying to walk a fine line, to please his wife and yet leave the door open for Diana should she want to.

What fine line?  How do you mean "Leave the door open for Diana should she want to?"   He problaby wanted to continue his relationship with Diana, but had hoped to placate Julia by saying it was all over.. but in the end he was tempted to go back "just to deliver some rugby shirts when Di wasn't there".. Clearly it was enough for Julia.. She was suspicious of Diana... she didn't feel she could trust her husband after he borke his promise..and she got a divorce.

oak_and_cedar

Quote from: amabel on April 30, 2019, 05:54:13 PM
What fine line?  How do you mean "Leave the door open for Diana should she want to?"   He problaby wanted to continue his relationship with Diana, but had hoped to placate Julia by saying it was all over.. but in the end he was tempted to go back "just to deliver some rugby shirts when Di wasn't there".. Clearly it was enough for Julia.. She was suspicious of Diana... she didn't feel she could trust her husband after he borke his promise..and she got a divorce.

Well that's what I meant, basically. Although perhaps there wasn't anything there to begin with, except perhaps from his side. Julia was right in feeling fed up if her husband didn't keep his word. But I don't see why she should be suspicious of Diana.

sandy

Quote from: amabel on April 30, 2019, 05:54:13 PM

Diana did not seem all that interested in him, she did not take him seriously according to friends I don't think she came anywhere near falling in love with him.

The Carling relationship breakup was not caused by Diana.