The Coronation Part 3

Started by TLLK, May 02, 2023, 11:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

TLLK

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: TLLK on July 05, 2023, 02:46:00 AM
The King and Queen attended a garden party with 6,000 guests at Holyrood House despite the poor weather.

Royal Garden Party: King and Queen JOYFULLY Greet Guests Despite POURING Rain - YouTube

There was a moment that the rain ceased. The King did close his umbrella.

Curryong

That is a very small Scottish Crown that Charles is touching in a couple of the photos. Too small for his head if he did wish to try it on. I think the last Scottish King to actually wear the crown was King Charles 1 and if it was it him it just confirms the diminutive size of the man. Just under five feet tall and proportions to match!

sara8150

LouisFerdinand

@sara8150 contributed: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/497039/charles-spencer-shares-update-during-scottish-coronation   
The article declared: King Charles and Queen Camilla have been celebrating Royal Week   
This is the first time I have heard Holyrood Week referred to as Royal Week.

TLLK

@LouisFerdinand -It's the first time that I've heard it mentioned as "Royal Week" myself, but I can understand why it would be dubbed in this manner.

TLLK

King and Queen Visit Tartan Mill to End Scottish Tour - YouTube

QuoteThe King and Queen visited the Lochcarron tartan mill in Selkirk where they toured the factory floor and saw an array of the 500 tartans made there.

LouisFerdinand

wannable

I'm putting this tweet here because their biggest items/tour at BP is the Coronation items, clothes, jewelry.

Royal Collection Trust
@RCT

#BuckinghamPalace opens tomorrow for 10 weeks. Come and see the State Rooms and a special display of The King and Queen's Coronation outfits. For more info and to book a ticket visit our website - Visit Buckingham Palace

LouisFerdinand

I like the Orthodox Christian Chant at the Coronation (Psalm 71).   
Orthodox Christian Chant at the Coronation (Psalm 71) - YouTube

wannable

90-minute doc narrated by Helena Bonham Carter gives exclusive, rare, look behind the scenes look at KC3 first year as monarch.

Charles III: The Coronation Year, will broadcast Boxing Day, a highlight in BBC's Christmas schedule.

wannable

https://twitter.com/i/status/1736183497222435074

I think it's amazing that they are doing the behind the scenes, capturing everything historically - via TV. There will also be a book - a historical author recorded the events too, very likely available end of next year.

The short promo clip from the BBC is of the POW's arriving Buckingham Palace, with Catherine greeting her FIL, HMKCIII.

TLLK