Camilla'sPatronages to end Domestic Violence and Sex Trafficking

Started by TLLK, March 09, 2020, 01:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Spotlight: The Duchess of Cornwall?s work towards ending domestic violence ? Royal Central

QuoteThere?s no greater royal champion for survivors of domestic violence than The Duchess of Cornwall. It?s been a cornerstone of her work, highlighting causes, charities and organisations around the issue of domestic violence, and Camilla has always spoken compassionately and competently about raising awareness and helping survivors.

With her recent speech at the Women of the World Festival on 6 March, we wanted to spotlight the important work Camilla has been undertaking for over a decade.

Double post auto-merged: March 09, 2020, 01:38:49 PM

Duchess of Cornwall's speech.

The Duchess of Cornwall Gives Someone a Royal Coronavirus Elbow Bump! - YouTube

Princess Cassandra

Excellent speech. It is obvious that she sincerely committed to the cause.

TLLK

Clarence House on Instagram: ??This is a hard time for everyone, as we are all asked to stay at home to stay safe. But for some of you it is even

Quote?This is a hard time for everyone, as we are all asked to stay at home to stay safe. But for some of you it is even harder, because home is not a safe place.

I can only imagine that being asked to stay there could feel very isolating and frightening for you and your family.

It may mean spending more time with the person who is harming you.

If this is your situation, or you are worried about someone else, I want you to know that you are not alone.
(Click on the link to read the full message.)

Heartbreaking to consider that for some, home is not a haven especially during a time of enforced quarantine. :no:

Princess Cassandra

This makes me so emotional, because I know she would not issue the statement if she didn't know it to be truly needed. Prayers for all those affected by domestic abuse!

Nightowl

Quote from: TLLK on March 29, 2020, 02:23:45 PM
Clarence House on Instagram: ??This is a hard time for everyone, as we are all asked to stay at home to stay safe. But for some of you it is even
(Click on the link to read the full message.)

Heartbreaking to consider that for some, home is not a haven especially during a time of enforced quarantine. :no:

Oh TLLK, that must of been so tough for her to say ......no place is safe for a woman and maybe children being abused and no where to go during these deadly times.  I so feel for women in this situation anytime...my heart breaks for them always.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Nightowl on March 29, 2020, 06:39:03 PM

Oh TLLK, that must of been so tough for her to say ......no place is safe for a woman and maybe children being abused and no where to go during these deadly times.  I so feel for women in this situation anytime...my heart breaks for them always.
I feel the same way. And their children and the terrible lessons they are learning.

FanDianaFancy

It is a message where you have to read between the lines .
I am not faulting her.
It has to be a message that way, yet still, a good message as fir her not to make worstbor throw out suggestions, etc.
They experts and people who are over govt. and private agencies to take it from there.

This is awful. Difficult.
Your feeling of helplessness and sadness for this victims.

C?s message was one of just hope, thoughts.
Thatbis about all she can legally , socially, responsibly say I assume.

Here in the USA, no agencies really open. Police stressed to max .
DV is on the rise.

Double post auto-merged: April 01, 2020, 08:41:10 PM

Man tells police his wife might be dead in their home | khou.com

Double post auto-merged: April 01, 2020, 08:45:31 PM

How Coronavirus Is Affecting Victims of Domestic Violence | Time

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on April 01, 2020, 08:38:33 PM
It is a message where you have to read between the lines .
I am not faulting her.
It has to be a message that way, yet still, a good message as fir her not to make worstbor throw out suggestions, etc.
They experts and people who are over govt. and private agencies to take it from there.

This is awful. Difficult.
Your feeling of helplessness and sadness for this victims.

C?s message was one of just hope, thoughts.
Thatbis about all she can legally , socially, responsibly say I assume.

Here in the USA, no agencies really open. Police stressed to max .
DV is on the rise.

Double post auto-merged: April 01, 2020, 08:41:10 PM

Man tells police his wife might be dead in their home | khou.com

Double post auto-merged: April 01, 2020, 08:45:31 PM

How Coronavirus Is Affecting Victims of Domestic Violence | Time
I agree completely with you, and those stories are not only sad but show the perplexing nature of domestic abuse. sometimes the abused will not admit they are being abused. The woman in one story worries her husband will lock her out...she doesn't see that it might be better to seek shelter elsewhere. And there are shelters out there, and they are open. You just have to swallow your pride and fear. Domestic violence comes in many forms and levels...and I agree that the Duchess went as far as she could.

TLLK

Today Camilla has become the patron of Nigeria's first center for victims of sexual abuse in Lagos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTg4wdIgMqO/

Quotehe Duchess of Cornwall has today become Patron of @mirabelcentreng, a Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Nigeria that provides medical and psychosocial support to survivors of sexual violence.

Founded in 2013 by Itoro Eze-Anaba, Mirabel Centre is Nigeria?s first Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) and to date has provided free support services to over 6,450 survivors.

wannable

Hannah Furness
@Hannah_Furness

I'm struggling to think of a royal speech as powerful as this, from the Duchess of Cornwall tonight.

Camilla calls on all men to tackle a ?deeply disturbing? culture of sexual harassment, saying ?rapists are not born, they are constructed?.

It?s up to all men to end sexual violence, says Duchess of Cornwall in wake of Sarah Everard murder

wannable

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail

The Duchess of Cornwall has delivered a hugely powerful speech on violence again women tonight, demanding to know: ?How many more women must be harassed, raped or murdered??
She highlighted the brutal deaths of Sarah Everard, Sabina Nessa and other women who have lost their lives

TLLK

QuoteI said that the challenges are immense. However, the forthcoming Festival gives us hope that they can be overcome. There are, I believe, two important steps we can take as we aim to create the world free from violence against women that Jude has pointed us towards.

Firstly, we have Shameless. Together, today, let us resolve to support survivors to be ?shameless? and not to take on misplaced feelings of stigma. Through speaking up about our experiences, we break the wall of silence that allows perpetrators to go unpunished; and increases the feeling of isolation that so many survivors describe.

Secondly, we need to get the men in our lives involved in this movement. We do not, in any way, hold all men responsible for sexual violence. But we do need them all on board to tackle it. After all, rapists are not born, they are constructed. And it takes an entire community ? male and female ? to dismantle the lies, words and actions that foster a culture in which sexual assault is seen as normal, and in which it shames the victim.  So let us all leave here today and try and get the men in our lives to participate in building a ?shameless? society.

Because how many more women must be harassed, raped or murdered before we truly unite to forge a violence-free world?

Thank you.

IMO this along with Camilla's literacy patronages is one of her most important causes that she is deeply involved with in her royal work. There were predictions that sexual and domestic violence against women would increase during the lockdown and I fear that prediction has sadly come true. Plus consider how many crimes went unreported to the police for a variety of reasons.  Calling for men and boys to be on board with ending these horrific crimes is required if we're going to see a decrease.

Curryong

It?s not just domestic violence either. Britain was shocked when a serving police officer was charged with the murder of a young woman on her way home. It?s just that domestic violence is in many ways a hidden problem, tucked away behind walls and doors and gates and fences.

Education and more open dialogue is the key as is counselling for the abuser, in both a group situation and with a counsellor. It?s just going to take a great many years to change societal attitudes I?m afraid.

TLLK

Here's the video of Camilla's speech yesterday.

The Duchess of Cornwall delivers a speech at reception for 'Shameless! Festival' - YouTube

Opinion piece on the Duchess of Cornwall as the future Queen Consort which is a role that I believe she is ready to fulfill.

The Duchess of Cornwall shows she is ready to become Queen as she steps up in major speech ? Royal Central

QuoteOn Wednesday, the Duchess of Cornwall paid tribute to women who lost their lives to violence by delivering a major speech at the Shameless! Festival ? an event aimed at raising awareness of violence against women and girls. As part of the visit, Camilla delivered a rousing speech ? one that many royal experts have described as being ?the speech of her life.?

The Duchess has once again proved she is ready to take on the role of Queen Consort when the time comes. The 74-year-old gave a poised, intelligent, and informative speech on perhaps what might be one of the most talked-about topics in the world. If you were to go back in time about just a few years, it?s unlikely a member of The Royal Family would speak so publicly or advocate at such an extensive level on such a difficult and important subject.

The Duchess read several statistics during her speech, such as the fact that on average, one woman is killed by a man every three days. She also noted a national crime survey that showed 86% of young women who were sexually harassed in public places didn?t report it. Instead of scorning society, what really stood out is that the Duchess called on society to work together rather than separating the issue between genders.

PrincessOfPeace

The Duchess of Cornwall has written for @WILifemagazine about how proud she is to be a WI member and of @WomensInstitute's campaigning work to end domestic abuse.

The Duchess is a member of the Tetbury and Llandovery WI.

HRH writes: "As our knowledge of different types of abuse increases, so must our efforts to raise awareness to empower victims to recognise the signs and to seek help."

https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/1460187208044982273?s=20

TLLK

Here's the article link.
WI CHRISTMAS ISSUE

My respect for Camilla's involvement in this serious social concern continues to grow.

PrincessOfPeace

The Duchess of Cornwall marked the 50 year anniversary of @RefugeCharity today, meeting campaigners including tv personality Zara McDermott, experts and politicians to discuss the rise of technology based abuse amid the pandemic:

https://twitter.com/rjmyers/status/1486000321897938954?s=20

TLLK

More on the reception held at Clarence House on 1/25/22 for Refuge Charity. Ending sexual and domestic violence has become a major area of focus for Camilla's patronages.

Camilla calls for ?the end of domestic abuse forever? on Refuge charity?s 50th anniversary ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Duchess of Cornwall hosted a reception at Clarence House to mark the 50th anniversary of domestic abuse charity Refuge, and in a speech, she made sure to point out that the keyword was ?mark.?

Stressing that the world hopes for ?the day when your service is no longer needed,? she added that ?we are marking rather than celebrating your fiftieth anniversary. Let us use it as a milestone to galvanise and inspire us all towards a world where women and children can live in safety, free from fear.?

Refuge, which was founded in Chiswick in 1971, provides support services and temporary emergency housing for women and children fleeing abuse. The charity also runs the free National Domestic Abuse Helpline.

Home Secretary Priti Patel joined guests such as Baroness Helena Kennedy, TV star Zara McDermott, and abuse survivor Erica Osakwe at the Clarence House reception on 25 January.

TLLK

Video from today's visit in Bath.

Domestic Abuse Charity do 'Fantastic' Work, Says Camilla - YouTube

Quote'Domestic Abuse Charity do 'Fantastic' Work, Says Camilla'

The Duchess of Cornwall has thanked staff at a domestic abuse charity, praising the "breakthrough" impact of their work in helping victims come forward.

"It's going to take a long time, but it is no longer a taboo subject ? you do a fantastic job - onwards and upwards," Camilla said. Report by Daisy Busel.

PrincessOfPeace

The Duchess of Cornwall visited Paddington Haven, a sexual assault referral centre in West London, and the Nourish Hub run by her patronage UK Harves, today:

Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images

PrincessOfPeace

Tune in to @BBCBreakfast and @BBCWomansHour today as The Duchess of Cornwall speaks to Emma Barnett about her work with domestic violence and her hopes for a world free from violence against women.

https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/1496726836339904516?s=20&t=Hmxe-8XaNOk2hvQl9_dVJA

PrincessOfPeace

The Duchess of Cornwall as Patron of SafeLives opened the SafeLives' photography exhibition in collaboration with SICK! Festival "I Am - Portraits of Survivors of Domestic Abuse" in Manchester today:

Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images