Will Prince George ever become King George?

Started by Limabeany, October 24, 2013, 07:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

By the time Prince George becomes King George VII, he could possibly be a great-grandfather.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on January 25, 2022, 08:23:11 PM
By the time Prince George becomes King George VII, he could possibly be a great-grandfather.
...and we will all be long gone, but I hope the Monarchy survives and that he does become king, however far away that may be.

TLLK

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on January 25, 2022, 08:23:11 PM
Or hopefully his father might choose to establish a tradition of abdication/retirement so George could have the opportunity to reign as a younger man.

LouisFerdinand

Also, will George be King George VII or King George VIII?   
Prince Charles could decide to have George VII for his regnal name.

Amabel2

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on January 31, 2022, 09:19:43 PM

we dont  know.  We'll probably find out in a few years when Charles becomes King.... 

LouisFerdinand

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on January 31, 2022, 09:19:43 PM
The Prince of Wales has been known as Charles his entire life. If he decides to use Charles III as his regnal  name, then his grandson would be George VII.

Blue Clover

@LouisFerdinand I learned something today! Thanks for the insight.

Amabel2

Quote from: Blue Clover on May 04, 2022, 10:30:11 PM
@LouisFerdinand I learned something today! Thanks for the insight.

Again we dont know.  I dont think that Charles will use a different name.. and whehter he does or not, we dont know what regnal name George will choose

wannable

It seems so outdated to change a name, like the whole world (non royal watchers) know him as Charles.

2022: People who change their names, usually at age 18 because their parents...fudged it.

LouisFerdinand

At least Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Edinburgh and Prince Philip did not fudge the name of Charles.