Prince Harry's army career

Started by v_voom, January 21, 2013, 07:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgiana996

Quote from: Eri on January 23, 2013, 09:04:19 AM
^ But didn't you know Harry CAN'T win!!! Especially with the British RAGS ...

no famous person wins according to me harry wins more than anyone else in the rf he always bring pr gold lol Prince Harry: Don't blame Capt Wales for being flippant about killing - it's the way we soldiers cope with death | Mail Online
Quoteis no surprise that the terrible reality and absolute finality is cloaked in euphemisms. It is a psychological necessity. It protects the soldiers — allows them to get on with the job.

Nor is it a new phenomenon. The language changes, but the meaning is the same. In World War I, dead soldiers were said to have 'bought the farm', or simply 'bought it'. A serious life-changing wound was a 'Blighty one', meaning a trip home to the UK.

In World War II, meanwhile, Russian soldiers would warn sentries heading out into No-man's Land to be particularly careful where Nazi snipers were known to lurk with a cautionary: 'Stick your head up there and no more dinners.
[/b]

Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

chavita

This is absolutely ridiculous. IT is OBVIOUS that Harry has killed. So the terrorists needed him to confirm it so they can attack him? PLEASE. They are trying to make Harry look stupid and careless. They had to get something negative out of whatever he said.
Harryite #0009

cinrit

Search - Getty Images : AFG: Prince Harry In Afghanistan

QuoteCaptain Wales? He's just one of the lads, say Harry's crew

Prince Harry behaves just like "one of the guys" when he is on military duties, his comrades said today.

They praised the 28-year-old for his easy-going nature and willingness to set aside his royal background as he prepared for his return to the UK tomorrow after 20 weeks in Afghanistan.

James John, 27, a fellow Apache helicopter pilot who lives in Reading, said Harry, known as Captain Wales, enjoyed joining in with the banter of 662 Squadron, 3 Regiment Army Air Corps. "That's the way he likes to be treated when he's in work, essentially," he said.

Captain Wales? He's just one of the lads, say Harry's crew - UK - News - London Evening Standard 

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

georgiana996

Prince Harry will arrive back at RAF Brize Norton in the UK this afternoon after his tour of duty in Afghanistan. Harry is not expected to be met by members of his family when he arrives at Brize Norton in Oxfordshire, royal sources say. Prince Harry is expected to travel on to his base in Suffolk with the rest of his unit after landing and giving an interview.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter (via the-queen-and-her-corgis)

see  they give credit where it is due ........... :thumbsup:

DaFluffs

Quote from: Lothwen on January 23, 2013, 06:27:40 AM
Well, what was he supposed to say when asked that question?  He went over there in a war zone as a soldier who flew an Apache aircraft.  Of course he killed people.  It's what they do.  If he had said no, he'd instantly be branded a liar.

I'm not questioning the killing aspect.  Yes, its what they do.

I'm questioning talking about it in the press.   In my mind he's coming awfully close to bragging about it.  That's antagonizing the enemy.  OTHER soldiers in his unit can do so all they like but they aren't being sought out by the world wide media because of Who They Are.  Harry can't/shouldn't.

He should have kept his wits about him even in these interviews.  He has had a lifetime of training on all aspects of how the media treats him.  Including fielding questions he shouldn't/wouldn't/can't answer.  In this same interview he fielded the questions about his love life by sidestepping them.  So when he was suddenly asked 'did you kill people' in this very same interview he didn't have the skills to sidestep this question too???

[Sigh]  I'm glad he's back.  I just hate it when I see aspects of Harry that I do not like as much.  The aspect I'm referring to here is that sometimes he behaves like an idiot (in no funny or amusing way) and really lacks common sense.....  Vegas we all can laugh off.  I'm not finding any of Harry's comments about killing amusing, funny or necessary.  They are coming across as foolish, dangerous, taunting and bragging.

Sorry Harry - other soldiers in your unit can brag but you absolutely cannot.  Sorry you were born a prince but there it is.  You can't.

Izabella

Well. One thing is certain he couldn't do a black ops. He lacks discretion. Everything is so open/verbal to him.  He sided step the single question, why not this one? Need a  Besides, It's war so being ask that question was pointless. Too much Army? Wtf?  All this time in the military and he still comes across as immature. :Lothwen:

chavita

I think asking him the question in the first place is stupid.
Harryite #0009

I love Royal!

Jenee

In the interview that I watched, he only said "we've all done our share of shooting"

Can someone point me to the video with this "I have killed people" quote?  Or is it just tabloid sensationalism that no one bothered to verify?
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

georgiana996

BBC News - Prince Harry 'longs for family time' on Afghanistan return

he is not discrete he should try its not good he is tooooooooooo open and trusting

QuoteAsked about the pregnancy of his sister-in-law, the Duchess of Cambridge, he told journalists: "I'm longing to see my brother and sister-in-law, as with any of the soldiers who've just come off the plane after four-and-half months away.

"everything seems to be going the right direction - it's very different from when I was last out there"
End Quote
Prince Harry on Afghanistan

"I really am longing to catch up with people behind closed doors - you guys aren't invited."

cinrit

QuotePrince Harry 'Longs for Family Time' on Afghanistan Return

Prince Harry says he is "longing" to spend some time with his family after arriving back in Britain following his four-month deployment in Afghanistan.

He said he had enjoyed "blue sky" and "a bit of comedy" during a period of "decompression" at a base in Cyprus.

Speaking at RAF Brize Norton, in Oxfordshire, he said he was hoping to "take on more royal stuff" in 2013.

Earlier this week he said he had shot at Taliban insurgents while an Apache helicopter co-pilot gunner.

BBC News - Prince Harry 'longs for family time' on Afghanistan return

Cindy

chavita

Quote from: Jenee on January 23, 2013, 06:44:43 PM
In the interview that I watched, he only said "we've all done our share of shooting"

Can someone point me to the video with this "I have killed people" quote?  Or is it just tabloid sensationalism that no one bothered to verify?

I think the I have kipped people quote is just the press paraphrasing... I haven't heard him say that, he just said Take a life, to save a life. So yeah, he meant he has shot people to save his own men, which is just his job.
Harryite #0009

Eri

^ Rags want to sell copies and to do so they create fake drama and blow everything out of proportion  :orchid: ...they did this to my other man MJ and they do it to Harry 24/7 since forever now it's only Harry seems to be able to take it better than MJ ...

Eri

^ Michael Jackson ...anyways glad to hear Harry will concentrate on being a Royal at least for a while but I wonder if he is going to take off for a vacation after seeing his family ...just not with Tom  <_<.

DaFluffs

There's a tangent to this thread I'm going to jump on:  I think the first mates he's gonna call to get together is going to be Skippy & Arthur Landon....  If I were Harry that's who I would call.  Vegas/Necker be damned.....

Whom else is he gonna call to catch up on all the gossip going on in the UK? 

(Harry - here's another tip - read the Royal Insight Forum.....   :lol:)

cinrit

chavita

Haha I just pictured Harry catching up on gossip over tea. :teehee: "So, what's new lads?"
Harryite #0009

Lothwen

I don't think the "behind closed doors" comment meant anything other than "this is my private life and you (the press) are not invited."
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

cinrit

QuotePrince Harry Tones Down His Language About Killing Taliban As He lands Back in the UK  (Video)

Prince Harry did his best to dampen down the controversy over his off-guard remarks about killing the Taliban by saying only that he had done "things that you would be expected to do" as a soldier during his tour of Afghanistan.

Asked to clarify whether he had indeed taken lives during his time in Helmand, he gave a far more diplomatic answer than before, referring to his role "supporting the Afghan people" and refusing to make any direct reference to killing.

His homecoming was overshadowed by the row over his candid language in interviews conducted in theatre, when he said he had to "take a life to save a life" and compared operating the Apache helicopter's weapons system to playing video games.

Prince Harry tones down his language about killing Taliban as he lands back in the UK - Telegraph 

Cindy

Eri

marine2109

Search - Getty Images : GBR: Prince Harry Returns From 20 Week Tour of Duty in Afghanistan

QuotePrince Harry arrives at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire after the completion of his 20 week tour of duty in Afghanistan
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom - 23.01.13

WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Double post auto-merged: January 24, 2013, 01:04:30 PM

The night Prince Harry came to blows over the lover he shared with his brother: Not that one, his namesake | Mail Online

chavita

Prince Harry arrives to RAF base in Oxfordshire after Afghanistan tour | Mail Online
QuotePrince Harry has admitted he 'doesn't know what normal is anymore' after arriving back in the UK from his second tour of Afghanistan.
The Apache co-pilot gunner has been on post-deployment 'decompression' at a British military base in Akrotiri, Cyprus, since leaving Helmand province on Monday night.
Harry landed at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire on a regular personnel flight but did not travel on with his unit, 662 Squadron, 3 Regiment Army Air Corps, to their base in Wattisham, Suffolk.
The 28-year-old said a seven-year-old girl was shot down by insurgents on his final day on tour, adding: 'Normality is a very ambiguous thing.'
Harryite #0009