The Danish Royal Family General News and Chat

Started by TLLK, June 20, 2018, 08:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Prince Christian becomes a godfather for the first time ? Royal Central

QuotePrince Christian has been named godfather to the infant Prince Gustav Albrecht of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, who was christened over the weekend.

Prince Gustav is the child of Prince Gustav and Princess Carina of Sayn-Wittengstein-Berleburg, and was born via surrogacy on 26 May 2023 in the United States.

The baby?s other godparents are Princess Theodora of Greece, Ellen Hillings?, Arabella Gaggero, His Highness Prince Franz-Albrecht and Prince Carl-Anton.

Curryong

It?s a great honour and responsibility to be a god-parent and I?m sure that Prince Christian will live up to it! This couple have had a very long road to hoe on their way to marriage and children. I?ve often thought when reading about them over the years what a stiff-necked hoary old snob Prince Gustav?s grandfather must have been. In a way it?s a great shame that it took so long that Carina?s child-bearing years were over. Still, they now have a gorgeous baby boy so all?s well that ends well.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on August 28, 2023, 01:14:46 PM
It?s a great honour and responsibility to be a god-parent and I?m sure that Prince Christian will live up to it! This couple have had a very long road to hoe on their way to marriage and children. I?ve often thought when reading about them over the years what a stiff-necked hoary old snob Prince Gustav?s grandfather must have been. In a way it?s a great shame that it took so long that Carina?s child-bearing years were over. Still, they now have a gorgeous baby boy so all?s well that ends well.

Yes it is a great honor for Christian. Like you I am so glad that Gustav and Carina were finally able to marry and have a family. They waited so long while their own peers were married nearly 20 years ago.

TLLK

Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and their younger children are now in Washington D.C. where Prince Joachim has started a new job.

Prins Joachim har f?rste arbejdsdag i USA: - Vi har haft nogle udfordringer | SE og H?R

Nightowl

I am sure they will find lots to do and enjoy learning all about the founding of the US right at their fingertips. It is a lovely city full of political egos all round   :lol:

Curryong

Yes I read that interview elsewhere. Nikolai appears to be a very down to earth and pleasant young man who?s enjoying his time in Australia. Tactful as well about the loss of Princely title thing. We will be seeing him at the Melbourne Cup in early November apparently, as he and his girlfriend Benedikte will be guests at one of the marquees.

PrincessOfPeace

Nightowl

Something my sister told me many many years ago, *A person does not tell lies when there is nothing to hide*, so the only 2 people that know the *truth* is Frederick and this woman who has a reputation for rich men maybe...who does one believe now?

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on November 11, 2023, 08:13:13 AM
Something my sister told me many many years ago, *A person does not tell lies when there is nothing to hide*, so the only 2 people that know the *truth* is Frederick and this woman who has a reputation for rich men maybe...who does one believe now?

Various facts have come to the fore in the last 24 hours that seem to point one way, but who knows. The only thing that makes me believe there may be something in it is that Fred does have form in this area. I remember years ago a certain Danish forum (still in operation) talked about him playing around with blondes in nightclubs at around the town the twins were due to be christened. And there were photos showing him on Sydney Harbour on a boat getting VERY close and cuddly with a young woman who certainly was not Mary.

TLLK

Like @Curryong I am familiar with the Danish forum and Crown Prince Frederik's rumored private life that doesn't involve his wife Crown Princess Mary. And that includes information that Frederik had a girlfriend when he met Mary Donaldson at the Slip Inn in 2000. That along with the incident that occurred the night before the twins were christened does make me tend to believe that there might be some truth there.   :(

That must have made for some very awkward moments during the recent State Visit.  :no:

wannable

A very scandalous situation.  The price of being a public figure.

IF he had wanted his life to be the opposite of scandal, it's very easy to behave.  How can a famous public figure be so dense to sleepover at the opposite sex home, have paparazzi stationed and following  24/7 with all the details.

Ultimately I feel for his children.

Nightowl

Personally I don't think Fred gives a hoot, yet it will be the children thoughout their lives that will have reporters asking them questions for a very long time.  I also am aware of the  times I wondered about his faithfulness to his marriage, many times he seems like a spoiled brat of which there are a number of royals who think they can just do whatever they please.

TLLK

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on November 11, 2023, 02:21:01 PM
A very scandalous situation.  The price of being a public figure.

IF he had wanted his life to be the opposite of scandal, it's very easy to behave.  How can a famous public figure be so dense to sleepover at the opposite sex home, have paparazzi stationed and following  24/7 with all the details.

Ultimately I feel for his children.

Here's some video footage of CP Frederik that morning in Madrid. He's clearly without any of his security detail. He's walking down the street and stops at a bus stop.

MSN

wannable

When this incident happened a couple of weeks ago, Lady C said the marriage is solid, that Genoveva is a friend, that aristocrats don't flinch with this (gossip) and it's normal. Okay - agreed. I have friends of the opposite sex, but still  :laugh:

But he is not only an aristocrat, he's a public figure, heir to the throne.

constitutional monarchy
Denmark has a constitutional monarchy, which means that the monarch cannot independently perform political acts. Although the monarch signs all Acts of Parliament, these only come into force when they have been countersigned by a Cabinet Minister.

TLLK

Please keep all posts and discussion related to the abdication of  Queen Margrethe in the Danish Monarchy current events and news thread. This is reserved for general family business.Thank you