Wales and Sussex friends discussion

Started by TLLK, April 16, 2017, 02:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Sasha Walpole has offered up the Miss Piggy doll that Prince Harry gifted to her in order to raise funds for those affected by the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria. The link to the Ebay auction site can be found at the end of the DM article. As of this morning (Feb.27) the  current bidding is at 1,750.00 pounds (UK)   :happyuk: or over $2,000.00 (US).

Quote?Miss Piggy had been living quietly up in my attic for 20 years, so hopefully someone can give her a new lease of life that befits her colourful outfit and story.

?To me it was just a stuffed toy given to me by a friend. But I hope it raises a lot of money for a good cause.?

Prince Harry's 'older woman' auctions Miss Piggy gift for earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria  | Daily Mail Online

wannable

There is something about Tyler Perry, just like Kanye West I don't like.

The fact of 'giving' to strangers (Harry and Meghan), I will be curious IF there will ever be a 'taking' (payback time) or if this guy is a serious angel like Keanu Reeves.

I'm queasy about him only because of the splashing ways to help spoiled and evil Harry and Megs despite the known fact of how both treat people.  My Keanu reference is the little window of hope that Tyler wants to get close to troubled people to ''really'' help them in a serious humane manner when and if one or both hit rock bottom.

wannable

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail

The next best thing to a royal wedding (and one that will be attended by senior membrs RF)
The Duke of Westminster and Miss Olivia Henson have announced their engagement. The couple, who have been together for two years, became engaged at the Duke?s family home at Eaton Hall, Cheshire

^ Agree and In my opinion Eaton Hall is perfect for their wedding venue.

Curryong

Not just the RF at the wedding but half the aristocracy I should think.

Olivia has an interesting educational background. Can speak Italian and Spanish, is a senior accounts manager, and attended Dragon School Oxford (a distinguished and well known establishment but the name always makes me laugh as it reminds me of Harry Potter!) before Marlborough and University. Olivia is 30. They won?t wait too long to have a family I think. Hugh is an only son, as was his father Gerald, so heirs are important. And yes, I know it?s sexist but that?s the way things still are!

UK?s most eligible bachelor is off the market: Duke of Westminster announces engagement

TLLK

Congratulations to the happy couple.  :hearts:

PrincessOfPeace

'Her last message was abrupt:' Millie Mackintosh admits she felt 'snubbed' by former pal Meghan Markle when she met Prince Harry - after they 'bonded over their divorces' -

Millie Mackintosh felt 'snubbed' by Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 12, 2023, 12:44:46 AM
'Her last message was abrupt:' Millie Mackintosh admits she felt 'snubbed' by former pal Meghan Markle when she met Prince Harry - after they 'bonded over their divorces' -

Millie Mackintosh felt 'snubbed' by Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

These two women saw each other occasionally when they were in the same country and were acquaintances at best. Is this story what passes for news in the DM these days? If so it?s typical.

HistoryGirl2

New life, new friends. She?d also never been friendly with George and Amal Clooney prior to the wedding, and after she invited them, they started hanging out at their Italian mansion.

I doubt Prince Harry and the now Duchess of Sussex were going to be pals with a Made in Chelsea ?star.? Prior to her marriage to Harry, things were different. Meghan hung around a lot of people that might get her an invite or two. Now, she gets all the invites forwarded to her. Different life.

wannable

Elton John and David Furnish will never see the light of day ever again with anything related to the British Royal family, only with Harry and Meghan, IF ever.

Downfall: Elton's influence with H in reference to the possible lawsuit, hearing proceedings are done, awaiting the Judge's conclusion.

And the WSJ latest article confirming that H&M, especially M were working already with Netflix while still being royal workers pre Megxit. Who was the intermediary working hard with M, David Furnish with direct involvement from Netflix, only to be cancelled, Pearl. The comic of the liking of M will leaked.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 24, 2023, 02:08:42 PM
Elton John and David Furnish will never see the light of day ever again with anything related to the British Royal family, only with Harry and Meghan, IF ever.

Downfall: Elton's influence with H in reference to the possible lawsuit, hearing proceedings are done, awaiting the Judge's conclusion.

And the WSJ latest article confirming that H&M, especially M were working already with Netflix while still being royal workers pre Megxit. Who was the intermediary working hard with M, David Furnish with direct involvement from Netflix, only to be cancelled, Pearl. The comic of the liking of M will leaked.

What makes you think that Elton John wants any more events with the RF? He?s already been knighted, by the late Queen. The organisers tried to get Elton for the Coronation concert only a month ago but schedules clashed.

And if Elton had a problem with the British media about hacking and decided to sue, along with Harry, what has that to do with King Charles? Anyone would think that Charles was a great champion and promoter of the British tabloids. On the contrary. He can?t stand them or various commentators and on occasion has said so. You think Charles loved his sons being hacked by newspaper reporters and private eyes? Lol!

As for David, he and Elton said they would help and advise with the Pearl series. He didn?t say this while the Sussexes were working royals but long afterwards, when Meghan and Harry were in California. And formulating an idea while you are a royal is not the same as signing contracts for it.

In other words I very much doubt that either Elton or his husband are on the outs with the King or Queen. If there are any concerts going Elton will be there, health permitting of course. And as most of the people at these royal concerts and events are between 70 and God, both audience and performers, he?ll fit right in!

wannable

June 2023 events have changed it forever. IMO.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on June 24, 2023, 11:19:55 PM
June 2023 events have changed it forever. IMO.

Well, we shall see won?t we. Either way I doubt very much that either Sir Elton nor his husband David will be weeping and wailing and pulling their hair out. They have a large circle of friends and enough wealth and prestige anyway without hanging around Charles and Camilla to build up their self worth or profiles. More likely to be the other way round. Charles likes hanging around with actors and other showbiz types and always has.

wannable

I don't care for them, I only want the BRF to carry on, they don't need to 'freely' and purportedly seek people who publicly and clearly are working against the monarchy, the firm, any senior working royal (or not). It it part and parcel of the Constitutional Monarchy, HM Government, etc. 

Could you imagine IF the couple hadn't Megxited, and Pearl not cancelled, the huge public uproar that the Duchess was making personal deals for her gain, not for charity. 

The thing with Harry's lawsuits, is he via his lawyers have already said to the British Media that H only has to pay 10% of the expenses, cost, admin of government workers (court, judge, etc). This reflects badly on H but more importantly on his family, enter Charles, IMO and 99% sure will have to pick up the pieces. H said that Elton presented him, told him, Leveson, meet the lawyer. 

What is there not to understand.

Curryong

By the time David Furnish said anything at all about Pearl the Sussexes were in California and weren?t going back to the monarchy. Of course Meghan wouldn?t have produced Pearl if she had still been a working royal. As I said, the Sussexes were in California when Pearl was mooted as a project to Netflix. David Furnish thought it was a good idea and as a friend wanted to help the Sussexes in their new life.

Harry and Elton are friends, and allies in this hacking lawsuit. That is in no way attacking HM Govt or the BRF or anything or anybody else. It the two of them and any other plaintiff believes they have a case against people who were about to attempt to let loose private info, destroy their reputations or relationships in any way then they have every right to sue newspaper groups, whoever they are!

wannable

WSJ says they were working on Pearl while Meghan was still a senior working royal, many months before Megxit.

An article with that type of conclusion tells a story of its own.

^ It's no wonder the couple were requesting a Half In Halt Out scheme.

It is not the case of winning or losing, it's the fact that H lawyers to the BM that IF H loses, he will only have to and will pay only 10%.  H didn't enter before according to his words because his father told him it is a suicide mission. Elton convinced him otherwise.

Curryong

Yes they were working on Pearl as a project while Meghan was a working royal. I have not said otherwise. We don?t know, nobody does, what format that would have taken. And certainly she wasn?t signing contracts with Netflix or anyone else while she was a working royal. David Furnish mentioned nothing about Pearl until after the Sussexes had signed with Netflix. He wanted to help as a friend.

As for Harry and the hacking suit, so he changed his mind about joining in the battle against the media he loathes after discussions with Elton. So what! Many of us change our minds about certain things after discussions with friends. And I very much doubt he needed a lot of persuasion. It was a class action after all.

wannable

He already lost vs the home office paid 10 percent leaving half a million to the Tax payers

And that is just one vs home office

His fans should pay it

If you still do not get it rich man finding loopholes to pay his minimum leaving 🇬🇧 citizens to foot his bill I cannot further explain

He does not live there and yet he has a bunch of cases there

So out of 10 million in cases he pays 10 and 🇬🇧 citizens pay the other 90 percent of the total costs

Effectively making him more unpopular than Andrew and a pariah to his home birth country and staining his father who is the king of the constitutional monarch hence Charles giving profit moneys left and right other than the obvious goid he wants to do

wannable

I am on iPhone 📱

Pardon the lack of punctuation etcetera

Curryong

You are jumping from one thing to another. The hacking case has multiple plaintiffs and is a civil suit. Tax payers are not involved.

With the case of Harry?s security, he wished to reverse a decision made by a Govt Dept and a sub committee within it. The Home Office is a Govt Dept that is certainly not averse to spending and wasting tax payers money on its own account and I would be very surprised if any civil servants there were anguished at the thought of such things.

I don?t know how you are supposed to sue a Govt department for any injustices you believe to have been done to you in any case without taxpayers becoming involved. Tell the civil servants and the men in grey of RAVEC to pay for their own Court costs? Now there?s an idea!

And Harry is not more unpopular than Andrew, is still a British citizen and as such (and even if he isn?t) he is allowed to sue in British courts. He?s not staining anyone.

wannable

It doesn't matter what type of case it is, there is a loophole H lawyers are using, he only has to pay 10% of court fees.

wannable

In case one is wondering what is that loophole in the Official website UK GOV internal source: Justice System, is Harry does not earn income in the United Kingdom, hence he only has to pay 10% of court fees. The tax payer pays 90%. 

Usually stats in the UK Gov indicate lower class paying this scheme, minimum salary; domestic workers, hence my previous comment of rich man. What not to understand, King Charles, Constitutional Monarchy, the UK Citizens, etc.

PrincessOfPeace

Duke of Westminster and Olivia Henson's wedding details announced:

The marriage of the Duke of Westminster and Miss Olivia Grace Henson is to take place on 7 June, 2024, at Chester Cathedral.

It is expected that senior members of the Royal Family will be present at the nuptials. The young duke is a fourth cousin once removed of the King. They both have Romanov blood, the duke via his mother Natalia, and the King via the late Prince Philip's Romanov descent.

A spokesperson for the Duke and Miss Henson said: "The couple have chosen the cathedral for both its beauty and long association with the Grosvenor family, including to the Duke personally. Cheshire is the Grosvenor family's ancestral home and as Miss Henson's connection to the region continues to grow, they are keen to plan their wedding there."

The duke's parents, the 6th Duke and Natalia Phillips married at Chester Cathedral, 7 October, 1978, and the Royal Family were there to celebrate the union of one of Britain's wealthiest men and Natalia, daughter of one of Queen Elizabeth II's great friends, the former Georgina Wernher.

The duke's aunt, Lady Leonora Grosvenor, married the late 5th Earl of Lichfield at the cathedral, 8 March, 1975, and another aunt, Lady Jane Grosvenor married the 10th Duke of Roxburghe there, 10 September, 1977.

"The Duke and Miss Henson became engaged at Eaton Hall in April and have been incredibly grateful for the warm messages of congratulations they have received since then."

One of Britain's wealthiest men, certainly our richest duke, 32,  is godfather to Prince George of Wales, and a close confidante of the Prince and Princess of Wales. He was born 29 January, 1991, the only son of the 6th duke (1951-2016). --

Personally I think Prince George will be a page boy. The Duke of Westminster is his Godfather.

wannable

Wedding of Jack Mann and  Isabella Clark

He is a Harry friend

Harry and Jack (40) met as officer cadets at Sandhurst and were both commissioned into the Blues and Royals. He is co-founder of Alma Risk, a private security company.

Guest who is friends with both Waleses and Sussexes

Thomas van Straubenzee, godfather of Princess Charlotte ands wife, Lucy, an assistant head at Charlotte and Prince George's former school, Thomas Battersea.

wannable

Serena Williams
@serenawilliams

The big reveal is now live on YouTube! Did you guess right? @alexisohanian
The BIG REVEAL! - YouTube

^ It's a girl

^ Last week the Italian gossip media stated that Serena, her husband, William and Kate were low key in Italy during the month of May 2023 for a wedding. No pictures, only some of George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio, Bradly Cooper, Tom Brady, Irina Shayk.  The DM basically wrote and said the originator of this news is from Italy.

Inside the lavish $13 million Sardinia wedding where Tom ...

Daily Mail
Home | Daily Mail Online femail article-12332021
7 days ago  The A-listers who attended billionaire Joe Nahmad's wedding ... Leonardo DiCaprio; Ashley Biden; Prince William; Kate Middleton.