The Sussex Family General Chat Part 2

Started by sara8150, March 01, 2023, 12:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Come 6th May, I have a feeling Harry will not show up, just a feeling.  The couple will DO something, whatever to disrupt attention to themselves.

wannable

To late to edit, but my feeling of a no show is because I believe and have been confirmed by my fleet street friend that it is true that the ''seating'' of Harry is let's say ''off focus'' from the main characters.

HistoryGirl2

Quote from: changemhysoul on April 14, 2023, 03:05:06 PM
Also, leaking about Harry allegedly caring about seating plans.

But Ah yes; the palace doesn?t leak and etc. you?d think with them managing to push Meghan out and getting what they want for a day, they?d stop running to the tabloids but that?s unlikely I guess.

How could it be possible for them to leak something if it?s supposedly not true? A leak implies that it is true and they?ve put it out there based on what Harry had said. Unless you?re saying Harry is making a stink out of his seating plans.

But yes, I?m sure that for Charles? big day, he wants all of the focus to be on Harry instead of himself. He?s spent all of his life waiting for this and all he can say is, ?Gee, I?m sure my staff spend their whole day on the phone with the Daily Mail talking about Harry and how he feels about where he?s sat.?

wannable

Harry wants to be part of the Coronation intrnal with the responsible people discussion, emails back and forth with his demands.  (All failed) He is making the mistake again of thinking He has to receive a sort of daily or weekly status of development, again means like what he publicly stated in documentation that He had to be 'part of the RAVEC meetings, development, decision.  Forgetting he isn't a working royal since the infamous Megxit, BP, CH and KP are not his staff, he is not their boss to toss around and 'demand. Much less embarassing himself 'demanding' the King, the Pow, their spouses via means of victimhood and badmouthing them.

Harry is doing these Coronation demands partly because he initiated it by publicly wanting an apology for his wife from the C, C, W, C then he switched it to 'they can apologize privately' then BP told the media last week or 1.5 weeks ago that the C, C, W, C will not apologize today, tomorrow and never because they haven't done anything wrong (on the contrary).

Harry's other partly has to do with and this is another whisper and rumor (whisper and rumor that Harry has found out, someone is telling him) ''William is really and truly very very very (tremendously busy is the sentence, and proof of W behind the scenes all over places) busy with Coronation, other POW works, other DOC works, his family''.  He is not 1 hour a week...and Harry is bored of his 1 hour a week life. Too much free time plus mentally ill plus drugs is hitting hard in Montecito.

I have to ADD that these drip by drip demands is a way to receive feedback (emails) from BP with polite and diplomatic no, then the demand seeker can reply back with ''why'', study of each sentence, break it down, play dum, ask why, thus getting more feedback...when you see it at the end, he's bored and has the delusion of still bein 'in' because he receives feedback, so it's a game of asking why for every feedback, it's quite maddening. I feel for the BRF. Another organization with a fired 3 years ago employee would send a warning, a harrasment proof to the police and a warrant to be white uniform tested.

wannable

IOW, you are a guest, received an invitation, your only job is to fly/sit down/fly back home rather than demand. I posted in the Coronation a guest who actually tweeted his invitation and a ''guide'', use that Harry, so IMO the above that I wrote in my words but being discussed in circles is true.

Like all the other 1,999 guests. Imagine if they were demanding.

I say ''guide'' because it has been LEAKED. As HistoryGirl said leak means true. And yes NO more 'coach for the guests' wink wink you can arrive in style!!!. Meaning Harry DID receive a guide, more specifically to him being the son of a King, surely his guide was altered to Charles paying his trip, Charles providing him with the range rover with Charles own RPO's...and on and on, Harry playing the Why here and there and everywhere, a gazillion why feedback.  :thumbsdown: Totally boring.

Nightowl

Quote from: changemhysoul on April 13, 2023, 01:04:36 PM
I love this choice.  Just getting my thoughts out and then I'll be off.

I would've wanted Meghan to come for a fashion moment but alas, it's whatever.

This is great on so many levels.

People can stop whining about Meghan keeping Harry from his family because it always has to be the woman. (And it just can't be the perfectly good BRF, who have never done anything wrong, ever)

He's flying in, attending the ceremony and flying out.

I'm glad Meghan is protecting her piece, no need to go and bow to the woman who still has denounced her good friend Jeremy or the man who claims to love his grandkids but kicks them out of there home and lie and say it's for the country and cost-saving. I mean, yes, now Meghan will be blamed for taking attention away because she didn't show up but she's in Cali.

Nothing for the family to leak about her (I was just waiting for a Meghan stole a tiara article), no pictures of her to sell the papers, no photos of the kids, nothing, 0, zilch for the British Media. I know half of the family are happy she's not coming, half might be upset they've lost a chance to give Meghan the cold shoulder and put her in her place.

And seeing the melt-down, it has been glorious and amazing.

Some people like to swear by Tom Bower, and according to him, Kate was the one to make sure Meghan wouldn't be around, and if she did come, she'd seat her in the back. Once again, Kate won't be dragged through the coals for making Charles coronation bout herself. (reserved for Meghan only) And once again, it's funny because Kate....if she was going to have the smoke for anyone, it should be Harry. (I'm sure Harry will stay away from her and we can stop the keening peace maker articles) But no, she turns her ire to Meghan and Meghan said she was a nice person and etc. I take from that, mean girl ways but I'm sure, she'll be defended to the ends of the earth and back but her public behavior even when her name wasn't mentioned, left a lot to be desired. I'd like Kate to realize, her going out of her way to snub Meghan, isn't as cool as she wants it to be and nothing has been done to her so as people say Meghan needs to get over making herself a victim, Kate needs to get over making herself a victim. And this forum has prompted Tom Brower as a source for being right, so surely, things wouldn't change if it's Kate being painted in a not so great light. (But people might rejoice in Kate putting Meghan at the back of the Church and even the optics for that...not great)

And two media reactions, I want to touch on.

1. The melt-down from the media....in general...after months and months and months of telling she isn't wanted and etc, they're not crying about how she isn't doing her royal duties and attending.

2. The Sun, running an article about Meghan not being there for Charles when Charles was there for her and I have to say lol, just lol, walking someone part-way down isle...does not mean, you're being there for them. Uhhhh, he's never said or done anything about the constant press abuse (we're talking beyond, the so called scrutiny...which wasn't really about anything they did...because at the time, Andrew was doing stuff with pedos and Charles getting bags of cash but no, Meghan's nail polish! It was just excuse for the press to abuse), he's never said or spoken against the violent attacks against Meghan, he leaks to his friends in the media about he wants to see his grandkids but has evicted them from their home, what was paid for and being up-kept to give it to his brother....just an overall failure of a fil, grandpa and etc. If the only point of reference people have has him being there for her is walking down an isle she walked mostly by herself....YIKES. Like...you have the former head of counter-terrorism talking about credible threats to Meghan's life, a rise in hate-crimes and white supremacy when she joined and to that you respond by taking away her home? That would tell me all I need to know about if you truly cared for me or my kids. (And well, holding this on Archie's bday, as if they couldn't find any other day and now, a picture of Archie can't even be released without someone screaming 'THEY'RE TRYING TO OVERSHADOW THE CORONATION' one would think, a loving grandpa would at least say, make it the 9th or something or speak out against his friend Robert Jobson when he implies Archie should be dangled over a balcony but nada.)

3. Why do people want to see Meghan get boo'd so hard? There saying she didn't want to face the boo's. Like....the last people event, there was exactly one British heckler but....another man just being out of breath and shocked that he got to see Meghan Markle in real life. At the Jubilee, there are conflicting reports about boo's but we do know she was cheered and the absolute boos were for Boris Johnson. Harry got calls of love at this Court Case and no boo's but William and Kate have been boo'd, Charles and Camilla KEEP getting boo'd and eggs chucked at them. Soooo.....it's just a very desperate attempt at people WANTING Meghan to get boo'd because it makes them happy I guess.

Overall, Harry is doing his duty to his father (who I don't think deserves but not my father.) This will be the last royal event for a while.

Meghan, is protecting her peace and not allowing herself to be served up as a media fodder and taking away the families chance at snubbing her and showing meaningless she is.

And not a good look for history that such a hostile environment, helped by the silence of the family has made it a security concern for the bi-racial woman and the bi-racial kids, as Charles is crowned King of The Commonwealth and/or head of state.

So, I hope to see Meghan at the MET GALA and if not that, I hope she attends her two awards ceremony so I can get some Meghan fashion moments.

It's been a pretty good day.

What home were the Sussex;s kicked out of....Frogmore....NO kids where ever kicked out of their home, that is a bold face LIE.  The home of the Sussex;s is in California, not Windsor England.  Frogmore was a rental which they knew ahead of time that their time was up.  Please get your facts in order as that makes the people look bad  who comment.  I am tried of all the Lies that the Sussex's have told over the last 3 years, I have a long list of them here from my sister  that I have saved.

TLLK

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on April 14, 2023, 04:15:56 PM
How could it be possible for them to leak something if it?s supposedly not true? A leak implies that it is true and they?ve put it out there based on what Harry had said. Unless you?re saying Harry is making a stink out of his seating plans.

But yes, I?m sure that for Charles? big day, he wants all of the focus to be on Harry instead of himself. He?s spent all of his life waiting for this and all he can say is, ?Gee, I?m sure my staff spend their whole day on the phone with the Daily Mail talking about Harry and how he feels about where he?s sat.?

Regarding Prince Harry and seating plans, I tend to believe based upon recent history is that he is very conscious of where he (and Meghan) are placed at large royal gatherings.

First moment in recent history occurred  in 2020 at the Commonwealth Service, the Sussexes who had announced that they were stepping back from senior royal duties were not included in the Procession into the Abbey with the Queen and the senior royals. The programs had been printed and the Sussexes were not included as being a part of the group. The couple made their displeasure known and  in an effort to smooth things over, the Cambridges did not join in the procession even though they were included in the printed program.

The second episode took place at the Jubilee Service at St. Paul's Cathedral, where it's quite clear that Prince Harry is surprised to see that he and Meghan will not be seated on the aisle but rather to the side of his York cousins and their husbands.

So yes based upon recent history and the Sussexes' actions,  I am inclined to believe that Prince Harry is very conscious of where he is to be seated at the upcoming Coronation service.

HistoryGirl2

^Good assumption based on prior knowledge. That?s what I find amazing. Some of these are just very good guesses from journalists based on information they know to be true. It? becomes common sense; no need for anyone at the palace to leak it or confirm it.

And his confusion at where he is being seated is mind-boggling. He?s either the most oblivious person or the most conceited. But maybe it?s a symptom of a larger problem. I think he may finally be grasping that everything has now changed, just not the way he wanted them to. It?s difficult for me to see a time where he?ll ever be front and center as an important public member of the family again. The main focus is now the King, his wife, and William and his family. There?s not going to be any change in that moving forward.

I think his fear of being relegated to the periphery in terms of importance has become true. But it became kind of a self fulfilling prophecy because he helped it along. I think Charles would have been quite happy seeing both of his sons? families as public members of the family, but they wanted other things. Choices have consequences. I initially assumed he understood those consequences, but I guess he didn?t.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on April 14, 2023, 01:29:40 PM
Interesting article from The Daily Beast, I?m glad that some outlets are pushing back against the narrative that Charles is super sad he didn?t get to see his grandkids.

King Charles ?Very Saddened? by Estrangement From Archie and Lilibet

Here?s the thing: if he didn?t care about seeing Archie and Lili, that?s fine with me. World goes round, it?s his side pushing this woeful grandpa image. If he cared, he wouldn?t have evicted them from their home in the UK. If he cared, he would created some symbolic role for Archie or at the very least, push back against the media as they gleefully wrote article after article about how he didn?t invite his own grands. And at the very least, he could?ve spoken up for either one when they were being bullied by his media friends.

Anything. So I wish his friends would stop briefing the media that he?s so sad he didn?t get to see them. He has a chance to visit and attend an important life event. He didn?t. He couldn?t found any other Saturday instead of taking attention away from his grandson. He didn?t.

Listen Charles, it?s okay not to care. Just stop trying to project the Image that you do.

Also sorry, if the format is weird, on mobile because my laptop is busted.

No worries about the format @changemhysoul and hopefully your laptop can be repaired.

I have to admit that after reading this article from The Daily Beast, the author seems to have little understanding of the monarch's role, duties and schedule. This is the Head of State who has a calendar that is scheduled years in advance for some events. The monarch like most other HoS or Head of Government is never truly "off duty." Their work continues all year round even if it involves scheduling a few hours for  the daily reading of bulletins and correspondence.

As for the ending of the lease on Frogmore Cottage, it made little sense for a residence to be largely empty except for a week or two at most. KCIII needs to ensure that the properties on the Windsor Estate are maintained and leaving a residence vacant for long periods of time, doesn't bode well.  There are certainly other accommodations that could be made available for London/Windsor area visits including  that large castle that is very close to FC.

The author seems to have not even researched previous coronations if they're suggesting that four year old Prince Archie could have a "symbolic role." The author doesn't even suggest what that could be because I expect that they didn't attempt to find out what occurs during the service. To be honest it would be cruel to expect a very sheltered four year old who has never set foot in Westminster Abbey to participate without in any role to do so with over a thousand guests who are strangers to him.  Even his cousins Princess Charlotte who will be eight by the coronation and younger brother Prince Louis who will be five who have been to the various royal events in their lifetimes, will not have any role in the service. All the pages of honor  who are participating in the service, are older than eight and most are pre-teens or early teens.   

changemhysoul

I disagree, the overall point.

Those things Charles COULD do if he truly desired. He is not only Monarch. He?s a man that has done what HE wants despite the rules. It?s been shown in many cases, one of the most notable, his wife.

Which is fine, the Monarch can make rules and change things as they go. And the point of the article is correct. You cant go on a ?I love my grandkids and miss them campaign.? When you?ve done all of that. It?s pointless. Stop using them to curate the image of a warm grandpa. If you were unable to say anything in support of them when they?re being attacked, then don?t use them for puff pieces.

And thank you for the words about the laptop.

And The Sun, with another article private information.

?.and we?re still suppose to believe that they (the palace) don?t invade the privacy.

I do love when they prove Harry?s point.

Ayse

Quote from: changemhysoul on April 16, 2023, 12:02:52 PM
I disagree, the overall point.

Those things Charles COULD do if he truly desired. He is not only Monarch. He?s a man that has done what HE wants despite the rules. It?s been shown in many cases, one of the most notable, his wife.

Which is fine, the Monarch can make rules and change things as they go. And the point of the article is correct. You cant go on a ?I love my grandkids and miss them campaign.? When you?ve done all of that. It?s pointless. Stop using them to curate the image of a warm grandpa. If you were unable to say anything in support of them when they?re being attacked, then don?t use them for puff pieces.

And thank you for the words about the laptop.

And The Sun, with another article private information.

?.and we?re still suppose to believe that they (the palace) don?t invade the privacy.

I do love when they prove Harry?s point.

Like Harry keep saying he loves his brother and father then insulting them? That kind of pointless :laugh10: :laugh10:

TLLK

@changemhysoul -We will just have to agree to disagree.  :truce: 

IMHO Sussexes have far less responsibility and far more flexibility in their schedules and roles than Britain's Head of State.  I believe that it  is easier for them to travel to the UK on private business than it would be for KCIII to go to California on a personal visit.

HistoryGirl2

Believing everything printed in the media is a little disturbing. Here is a journalist claiming that Kate would make sure Meghan was humiliated if she went?how exactly would she do that? Kate wouldn?t be responsible for the boos that she hears. The reason she?s not being raked over the coals for making Charles? coronation about herself is because no one believes that statement to be even be logical much less true.

Harry and Meghan decided that he would attend and she wouldn?t. I don?t think Kate featured in their decision in the least. And while we have zero proof in terms of actions (not just listening to what media say) that she intimidated Meghan into not coming, we do have proof that Harry and Meghan waited until the last minute to make their decision, past the RSVP date. Actions count more to me than what Tom Bower says Kate did or will do. That?s why they get raked over the coals; because of their own actions.

The truth is that Spare did nothing in the way of making them seem more likable for the majority of people. Another PR tactic has to be incorporated moving forward because this one is not a winning one. I think they believed that the entire world would cast aspersions onto the RF after they saw how supposedly terribly and awfully they?ve been treated and that just didn?t happen. They?re now even less popular in the UK than they were before. I think that factored into the decision more than Kate?s supposed comportment.

wannable

No love lost is the only thing Bower should have said, it would stay in line with his per usual knowledge and backup sources! 

He went overboard emotional according to Lady C because he allegedly knows about how really nasty M was with C since the word Go.

TLLK

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on April 16, 2023, 12:53:29 PM
Believing everything printed in the media is a little disturbing. Here is a journalist claiming that Kate would make sure Meghan was humiliated if she went?how exactly would she do that? Kate wouldn?t be responsible for the boos that she hears. The reason she?s not being raked over the coals for making Charles? coronation about herself is because no one believes that statement to be even be logical much less true.

Harry and Meghan decided that he would attend and she wouldn?t. I don?t think Kate featured in their decision in the least. And while we have zero proof in terms of actions (not just listening to what media say) that she intimidated Meghan into not coming, we do have proof that Harry and Meghan waited until the last minute to make their decision, past the RSVP date. Actions count more to me than what Tom Bower says Kate did or will do. That?s why they get raked over the coals; because of their own actions.

The truth is that Spare did nothing in the way of making them seem more likable for the majority of people. Another PR tactic has to be incorporated moving forward because this one is not a winning one. I think they believed that the entire world would cast aspersions onto the RF after they saw how supposedly terribly and awfully they?ve been treated and that just didn?t happen. They?re now even less popular in the UK than they were before. I think that factored into the decision more than Kate?s supposed comportment.

Yes I found Bower's claims about the Westminster Abbey seating arrangements to be very strange. The Duke of Norfolk and his team would be the ones in charge of drawing up the proposed seating arrangement. I believe the only seating arrangements that Catherine might be concerned about are for her own children.

wannable

^They wouldn't be trapped IF they came up with a brand new business plan workable for their long term future tied to their 'lifestyle'. 

Or

they wouldn't be trapped IF they changed their lifestyle to be (really) frugal.

But with the 1 hour a week dedication.

TLLK

A number of  bickering  and speculative posts have been removed.  A reminder that if  members have concerns that they should use the report button to bring it to our attention. Thank you.