Kate wraps up first wedding rehearsal

Started by Lady DC, April 15, 2011, 01:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandma828

Following royal weddings has been a hobby with me since Elizabeth and Philip.  Of course back then there was no TV and we waited 2 weeks for the magazines with pictures to come out.  With Margaret I followed all the in's and out's of her romance with Townsend.  It was very interesting reading.  This instant communication lends a whole different vibe to things.  It is no wonder that people feel like ther is an overload of information.

wannable

Balcony rehearsal?!

QuoteIt's not just the ceremony that's being rehearsed. A palace aide tells me that every detail of the day is getting a dry run -- even that 1:25 p.m. balcony kiss!

"It's not the actual kiss that needs rehearsing, I'm sure they know how to do that," the aide tells me. "However, the angle that they come in at needs to be correct, otherwise they could block the shot and the world will miss out on that momentous moment."

I'm told Kate, 29, and William, 28, have been told exactly where to stand and at what angle to lean in at, so it looks just right. Adds a second source: "It sounds crazy, but the balcony is their moment to greet the crowds and receive well-wishes. They don't want to disappoint."

William's finishing a final week of search-and-rescue work in Anglesey before he leaves for London, but Kate (who is staying at her parent's home in Bucklebury, Berkshire) is commuting back and forth for final dress fittings and Abbey rehearsals (both late at night).

Not long to go now!   

http://www.usmagazine.com/stylebeauty/news/prince-william-kate-middleton-rehearsing-their-balcony-kiss-2011184

cinrit

Maybe they should put marks on the floor so they'll know where to stand ... like they do in the movies. ;)

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.