Wedding Music

Started by pinkpearls, March 08, 2011, 02:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkpearls

Prince William and Kate Middleton made a secret trip to Westminster Abbey last night to see a rehearsal of the music that will be played at their wedding.

It was thought to be the Royal couple's first joint visit to the building where they will walk down the aisle on April 29.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/233278/Prince-William-and-bride-s-first-visit-to-AbbeyPrince-William-and-bride-s-first-visit-to-Abbey#ixzz1FyLqeug6

Mar

wills

THE BEST REVENGE? Smile. Be happy. Never let them know it hurt.

Lindelle

Wonder why William didn't sit in the back with Kate?

brittanylala

I imagine the back seats are uncomfortable for a 6 ft 3 guy? I don't know, I'm just guessing!

cinrit

Quote from: pinkpearls on March 08, 2011, 02:47:22 AM
Prince William and Kate Middleton made a secret trip to Westminster Abbey last night to see a rehearsal of the music that will be played at their wedding.

A secret trip with two photos. :P  Not so secret, after all.  I don't think anything William and Kate do from here on in is going to be "secret".

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

wannable

Quote from: Lindelle on March 08, 2011, 08:12:38 AM
Wonder why William didn't sit in the back with Kate?

Its a Jaguar, 2 fit in the back - Kate and Prince Charles
http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/galleries/517x/23498.jpg

pinkpearls

Wills could've checked out the boot. I hear it's spacious enough for 2!

Hale

I'm actually beginning to wonder whose wedding this is?   I'm beginning to wonder if much of this wedding is actually HIS wishes and is being passed off as W&K's choices?

Windsor

Quote from: brittanylala on March 08, 2011, 08:25:22 AM
I imagine the back seats are uncomfortable for a 6 ft 3 guy? I don't know, I'm just guessing!

The exact same reason why I hardly ever sit at the back... Prince William is as tall as me, so we can assume that is the reason.  :thumbsup:

BritishRoyals

Don't think we have to read too much into the seating arrangements.  But let me jump in anyway.  This is Charles' car.  It is my impression that a chauffeur-driven car often carries its boss at the back seat, not in front. Then it would be logical for William to take the front seat.

Mar

Hale

Actually, I was quite surprised to see Charles in the same car as PW.  I can only recall once seeing PC in the same car as the Queen.

The seats in the Abbey are not large although they do look bigger on TV than they are in real life.

WOW

Quote from: Hale on March 08, 2011, 01:00:49 PM
I'm actually beginning to wonder whose wedding this is?   I'm beginning to wonder if much of this wedding is actually HIS wishes and is being passed off as W&K's choices?
Prince Charles had 2 weddings if he didn't get his "wishes" in either one than that's his own fault  :windsor1:

cinrit

It looks like in this instance, Charles was acting in a father role rather than a POW role.  I think the article said one piece of music is one of his favorites (haven't read it for a couple of days)?  It wouldn't be unusual for him to go, then, to listen to the rehearsal.  I like that he went ... it shows that he's taking an active interest as a parent.

Cindy

Jenee

I agree Cindy, and I think that's really nice :D
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Windsor

Quote from: Hale on March 09, 2011, 12:30:49 AM
Actually, I was quite surprised to see Charles in the same car as PW.  I can only recall once seeing PC in the same car as the Queen.

The seats in the Abbey are not large although they do look bigger on TV than they are in real life.

Rarely do we get to see the Sovereign, and Heir and the Heir of the Heir using the same mode of transport. It is a security issue for them all to travel together, hence why you will rarely get them all three in the same plane for example.

Princess Pea

Now does that look like a relaxed situation to you? I know one thing for sure my father in law would not sit in the rear of the car with me whilst my husband was in the front seat, however if it was my father he would probably sit in the back seat with me.
Interesting.... Perhaps Charles being a Scorpio gets on Famously with Kate the Capricorn.
As for leg room does that have anything to do with it ther is lots of leg room in the back and probably a mini bar

Jenee

My mom usually sits in the backseat if my fiance and I are traveling somewhere. She's the shortest :laugh:
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

cinrit

From the pictures, it doesn't look like there's much leg room.  Rule of thumb in my car ... the tallest sits in the front. 

Cindy

Princess Pea

It was a Jaguar....at first glance Imagined it was the early morning that was why dad and son looked pensive the found out it was evening,,,

Lindelle

I just thought being engaged, visiting the church they're going to be married in and all that would be like a warm cosy time for them in the back seat, maybe holding hands?
But not with dad in the back seat.

Though I'm so glad he's helped them with the music side of things. Charles has an excellent ear for classical music.

SophieChloe

Quote from: cinrit on March 09, 2011, 06:03:49 PM
From the pictures, it doesn't look like there's much leg room.  Rule of thumb in my car ... the tallest sits in the front. 

Cindy
Top of the range Jaguar - plenty of room in the back - I think this was done on purpose  - just in case photographers were around to capture Kate and Charles looking - oh so close - however their expressions say it all IMO.  William looks in a right mood - serves him right - he made his bed!
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Lindelle

Princess Pea

William always looks pensive though these days and I hope he has made the right decision but Kate looks like she has won the lottery and he looks like he is handing over the cheque.