Books on the honeymoon

Started by LouisFerdinand, January 19, 2017, 12:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

True, and IMO Khan was problaby her most decent ad kindly lover, who genuinely loved her and wanted the best for her.  And she and he had a shared interest in charity work and helping sick people...
HIs main fault as a boyfriend was that he didn't want to hurt his family by marrying out of his culture and religion, but possibly that was a way of protecting Diana because he felt that she coud not have ever adjusted to life away from the west, or to life as a middle class doctors wife.
So while he kept refusing to take their affair to the next level, he still loved her and was not able to make a break with her.  My understanding was that she was the one who broke the affair off.
when he didd make a marriage that his parents considered suitable, it wasn't happy and ended in divorce..(So I don't know where this idea that he might practice polygamy came from, as he was obviously quite westernised and would probably be horrified by such an idea). 

sandy

He never gave a thought to polygamy. I don't get the insistence that he would do this. I also doubt that Khan would ever publicly trash Prince Charles. He talked about his relationship with Diana for the inquest not hearsay about Prince Charles.

amabel

I don't remember any interview he gave attacking Charles.  He talked at the inquest because he had to, and as I recall he said that SHE had broken off the affair and he thought that she was involved iwht another man, that perhaps she had met a man on her holdiays that she wanted to be free to date.
and he has very occasionally spoken to the press, if pushed, and said as little as he could. I don't believe that he ever blamed anyone for the end of the marriage, or criticised Charles.. can someone point to any quotes?
And I agree that it is highly unlike that he would practice polgamy.. when his shrort lived marriage didn't work out he got a divorce. He obviously loved Diana very much, and I can't imagine that if he and she ahd married that he would have been a bullying husband who said "if you start being stroppy and acting up, I'm taking another wife."  Or "I'm not putting up with you being a disobedient wife."

FanDianaFancy

Ok, again. Just the facts.
Khan  was  Pakistani, Islamic,  and so...none of that matters  because....

Khan  was not interested in marrying PD  or even ever being  seen in public  with her on his arm in daylight. The relationship never went that  far and was never going to go that far.

Kahn, we  all can say never sold her  out. 

I am sure he  is happily  married to some White English girl!
The topic thread, books on the honeymoon.  Odd. 
It the bride and groom  like some  author  or  some topic, ok.
Charles Fred and GladysCamilla  most likely had their own little  book club of two... CamillaGladys gave  FredCharles some books
Something  to go along with their  parting  gift exchange of bracelets.

Fact remains, always  goes back that  CamilaGladys and FredCharles set  out to demean, destroy a young's girls, hopes, dreams, love  for her husband,  etc.

amabel

No, why do you say this. Khan isn't married, he married a girl from his own culture as his parents wished and he ended up divorced.  why would he marry a "white Girl" when he clearly dd find it hard to break away from his familys expectations.
and no they didn't "set out to demean her expectations"  what does that mean?  they had an affair, it eneded.  Diana adn Charles married and as this topic shows had very little in common and did not like the same kind of reading material.

FanDianaFancy

My  post about  Khan being married..I  said, I guess he is... I said that because  many  men of means from Other (N.African, MidE.) marry  British women.

I stand by the rest of my post.  Khan and  PD had a  secret  affair of late night dinners,  her place  being sneaked in, under cover of the nght  ....
it ended. yeah, too bad.  It  was the only healthy, for lack of a better  word,  relationship she had with  a man.

Dodi, Daddy's  boy. No.
Childish sell out, ginny woman  Hewitt.
PC Fred  who saw her as her broodmare  and  once that was done, twice, we  know, enough of that.

PC and PD had a  lot in common. Maybe they  they  did not have everything in common, but they had a  lot  in common.  The one  major thing they  did not have in common was Camilla  being  her  sister-wife.

sandy

I agree. And couples do not necessarily read exactly the same types of books. The man might enjoy mystery novels and the woman might like historical fiction, it does not make them "incompatible."

FanDianaFancy

Thanks,  newsflash  everyone!!!!!

Guess what!! :ahhh:
Believe it or  not, BUT  LADY DIANA FRANCES  SPENCER/Princess  Diana  could  read at an  adult level. 
She  mastered Reading  at  a  level  or  a  college graduate  of  22 yrs. old. She  had Reading and comprehension skills.

I am SHOCKED SHOCKED  about this revelation, though  it  will be disputed here and I am sure the  press  will  one day  say, she  could  not  read and therefore  could  not relate  to  the  bookworm, PC.

Sorry, sorry. I am a bit  mean  here.  Moody. Another day  and yet to start  a  real diet to reduce. Maintaining is easy.  Losing is hard.
Job hunting? Ehhh!!!!  Uncertain of my  future. Family  member  terminally ill.
Just life stuff.

I  lovelove  reading and posting here  and  I like the debates  too.

I am just  at the  point  now  of  when  all of  our  fav subjects  come up (PC, Camilla, PD), I will refer to Camilla as the sister -wife PD  did  not want, accept, did  exchange vows  with, etc.

Some of us  have fav terms  like  broadmare. Mistress. Upsurp.

Well  mine is  going to  sister-wife.  Anyone  wanting to use  it, please  do so. :partaay:

It is nasty...sharing  one's husband. Ehhhh!!!

amabel

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on April 11, 2017, 07:38:55 PM
My  post about  Khan being married..I  said, I guess he is... I said that because  many  men of means from Other (N.African, MidE.) marry  British women.

I stand by the rest of my post.  Khan and  PD had a  secret  affair of late night dinners,  her place  being sneaked in, under cover of the nght  ....
it ended. yeah, too bad.  It  was the only healthy, for lack of a better  word,  relationship she had with  a man.

Dodi, Daddy's  boy. No.

If you looked him up or read previous post yhou would know that he was very much influenced by his family wanting him to marry a woman from their culture. That was why he and Dians' relationship was secret, that and the fact that she was married for part of it.  he knew that she would get flak over a relationhip with a Muslim, and he himself flet that he could not marry someone outside his culture.  So I don't kow why you said such a thing.

sandy

Diana was inspired by her friend Jemima Khan who had married  a Muslim and was encouraged that since their marriage was working (although they divorced sometime after Diana's death) she could make a go of a marriage to someone from another culture/faith.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: amabel on April 12, 2017, 05:05:00 AM
Quote from: FanDianaFancy on April 11, 2017, 07:38:55 PM

Dodi, Daddy's  boy. No.

If you looked him up or read previous post yhou would know that he was very much influenced by his family wanting him to marry a woman from their culture. That was why he and Dians' relationship was secret, that and the fact that she was married for part of it.  he knew that she would get flak over a relationhip with a Muslim, and he himself flet that he could not marry someone outside his culture.  So I don't kow why you said such a thing.

I  did not  know that.  So , what  a  loser  he was too then.  A  grown adult man and  a big   doctor, could  not stand up  to Mommie and Daddy.  When  was he  planning on cutting the ties  to  his parents ? Sad.

YESYES, when he  was younger, correct, he  went along with the culture   of  a  suitable marriage and got divorced.  Was he young?  Much younger then?  Is he still single...waiting for  the Mommie and  Daddy  to die?
Do  you all know for sure that  he  is very  much  into his culture...time when  he was with Diana?

Dodi  would have married  Diana.  He did   and was not ashammed  to be seen with  her.  His father  wanted that  friendship to work.
Maybe I  have it wrong then. Dodi  was the real man  , closest one to a man she  ever  had and  Khan, though he  did  not sell her out, was another  dud.

amabel

I think you don't seem to know much about Khan.. and I'm not really going to spend time repeating myself.  he love Diana, but was uneasy about a marriage because he was expected to marry a woman of his own class and culture and religion. He may well have been right in some ways and felt that Diana, an Englsh woman of higher birth, who was much richer and had been married to a future king, could ntot have settled as a middle class doctor's wife, or fit inot the culture of his nation.
Dodi  - do you know nothing about Dodi? He was sleeping with and engaged to antoehr woman, but was willng tocourt Diana because his father paid the bills and he himself had never been able to hold down a job.