Current and Former British Politicians and PMs News and General Chat

Started by sara8150, April 06, 2020, 09:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care as symptoms worsen - BBC News

Coronavirus: Prime Minister Boris Johnson moved to intensive care after condition worsens | Politics News | Sky News

Coronavirus: Why is Boris Johnson in intensive care and what treatment will he get? | UK News | Sky News

Coronavirus: Johnson's COVID-19 timeline and how the PM's condition worsened | UK News | Sky News

Coronavirus live news: Boris Johnson in intensive care as Trump sends prayers | World news | The Guardian

Boris Johnson in intensive care: PM fighting for his life as coronavirus symptoms worsen | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Boris Johnson's coronavirus treatment revealed as PM goes into intensive care | UK | News | Express.co.uk

UK Boris coronavirus news: The dramatic moments that led to PM's hospitalisation | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Queen issues statement as Boris Johnson moved into intensive care battling coronavirus | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prime Minister Boris Johnson moved to intensive care after being admitted to hospital with coronavirus - ITV News

Politicians from all sides offer support to Boris Johnson as he's moved to intensive care - ITV News

Boris Johnson taken to intensive care after coronavirus symptoms worsen - Mirror Online

Full statement from Number 10 after Boris Johnson is taken to intensive care - Mirror Online

Boris Johnson 'conscious' in ICU but expert warns it is 'very likely' he'll be put on ventilator - Mirror Online

Queen 'kept informed' of Boris Johnson's condition as PM taken to intensive care - Mirror Online

Experts on why Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care - and what happens now - Mirror Online

Donald Trump says US is 'praying' for Boris Johnson and has contacted PM's doctors - Mirror Online

Boris Johnson moved to intensive care after his coronavirus symptoms worsened and he was 'struggling to breathe'

#PrayForBoris trends as worried British public urge stricken PM to pull through coronavirus fight ? The Sun

Boris Johnson is ?in the best possible hands? at St Thomas? where top medics are leading the fight against coronavirus ? The Sun

Trump sends best wishes to coronavirus-hit Boris Johnson in ICU as White House calls his doctors to offer help ? The Sun

Politicians from all sides wish Boris Johnson a ?speedy recovery? as he battles coronavirus in intensive care ? The Sun

BREAKING: Downing Street keeping The Queen informed on Boris Johnson?s condition ? Royal Central

Boris Johnson moved to intensive care unit with coronavirus symptoms - CNN

Dr. Gupta breaks down what this means for Boris Johnson - CNN Video

Boris Johnson moved to intensive care for coronavirus - CBS News

Donald Trump says Americans are all praying for Boris Johnson | Daily Mail Online

Coronavirus UK: Boris Johnson's breathing deteriorated in hours | Daily Mail Online

Coronavirus UK: Boris Johnson's breathing deteriorated in hours | Daily Mail Online

Boris Johnson in ICU with Coronavirus | PEOPLE.com

Boris Johnson moves into intensive care as coronavirus symptoms worsen ? breaking | HELLO!

wannable

He is in the ICU because he is special, the Premier of the United Kingdom, breathing unassisted rather than he is in the ICU because he is in a serious to grave situation, ventilator....

I agree with the assessment of his doctors, special treatment person.

PrincessOfPeace

The Queen, The Prince of Wales and The Duke of Cambridge have sent their best wishes to the PM and his family.

QueenAlex

Quote from: wannable on April 07, 2020, 01:27:38 PM
He is in the ICU because he is special, the Premier of the United Kingdom, breathing unassisted rather than he is in the ICU because he is in a serious to grave situation, ventilator....

I think he is seriously ill, he wuodl not be in IC uneless he were.  I suspect that they are trying to keep it upbeat..

wannable

^^ When William tweets himself rather than staff he always signs it off with the W.

Kensington Palace
@KensingtonRoyal

Our thoughts are with the Prime Minister and his family, who like so many in the UK and around the world are affected by coronavirus. We wish him a speedy recovery at this difficult time. W

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on April 07, 2020, 01:27:38 PM

Yes. AFAIK typically a patient is receiving some assistance with their breathing while they're in ICU either through intubation or ventilation.

sara8150

Royals wish Boris Johnson a 'speedy recovery': | Daily Mail Online

Sarah Ferguson thanks Boris Johnson for his 'strength' and wishes him a swift recovery | Daily Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth Speaks Out After Boris Johnson Is Hospitalized | PEOPLE.com

Prince William and Kate Middleton send personal message of support to Boris Johnson in hospital | HELLO!

The Queen sends touching message to Boris Johnson's fianc?e Carrie Symonds as he battles coronavirus | HELLO!

Double post auto-merged: April 07, 2020, 04:31:51 PM

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson stable and 'in good spirits' in hospital - BBC News

Queen and Prince William send messages to Boris Johnson, as Dominic Raab gives daily update - watch live

Coronavirus: Queen sends message to Carrie Symonds and Boris Johnson family | UK News | Sky News

Kate Middleton and William wish Boris Johnson a speedy recovery as PM remains in ICU | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen sends heartfelt message to Carrie Symonds as Boris Johnson fights coronavirus | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen message to Boris Johnson in full: Read message from Queen to PM in full HERE | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen's tribute to Boris Johnson: The Queen's touching tribute as PM battles coronavirus | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

David Cameron says he's 'praying' Boris Johnson gets through coronavirus illness - ITV News

Boris Johnson 'stable' and 'in good spirits' after receiving oxygen treatment for coronavirus - ITV News

Queen's kind message to Boris Johnson's fianc?e as he battles coronavirus - Mirror Online

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11347439/queen-message-boris-johnson-carrie-symonds/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11342686/nurses-join-prayforboris/

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/prince-charles-and-prince-william-join-the-queen-in-sending-their-regards-to-boris-johnson-140415/

Princess Cassandra

He has had the virus for over a week, which is a bad sign. However, he does not need a ventilator at this time.  He is in the right place and hopefully will begin his recovery soon. Hoping to hear good news soon!

Princess Cassandra

I now understand he has left the ICU and is steadily recovering. So relieved!

TLLK

The current PM and Ms Symonds were married this morning in London at Westminster Cathedral.

Mail on Sunday Exclusive: Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds 'wed in secret' | Daily Mail Online

QuoteBoris Johnson married girlfriend Carrie Symonds in a secret ceremony this morning, the Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Mr Johnson, 56, exchanged vows with Ms Symonds, 33, in Westminster Cathedral in front of a handful of close friends and family - becoming the first Prime Minister to marry in office since Lord Liverpool married Mary Chester in 1822.

It comes just six days after the couple - who became engaged on the Caribbean island of Mustique in December 2019 and have baby Wilfred, aged one - sent out save-the-date cards to guests telling them to keep Saturday, July 30, 2022 free for a marriage celebration.

Despite sending out the cards, the couple are understood to have been secretly planning the small ceremony for six months.

Under current Covid rules there is a limit of 30 guests at weddings - although the cap is expected to be lifted on June 21st - 'freedom day' - when most restrictions are expected to be lifted.

With Mr Johnson set to be back at work next week, it looks unlikely the couple will have a honeymoon The 30 guests were invited at the last minute, with only a handful of church officials were involved in the preparations for the service at 2pm today: armed police stood guard as visitors were ushered out half an hour earlier by staff who told them the building was going into lockdown,

Ms Symonds wore a white dress, without a veil, for the ceremony and walked down the aisle to the strains of classical music.

They kissed after exchanging their vows for Father Daniel Humphreys, who baptised Wilfred into the faith at the same cathedral last autumn.

Ms Symonds is a practising Catholic. Mr Johnson abandoned his mother's Catholicism and became an Anglican joining the Church of England while at Eton.

Boris Johnson ?marries Carrie Symonds in secret wedding ceremony at Westminster Cathedral? | The Independent

Curryong

Westminster Cathedral? Again unusual for a British PM. I didn?t know that Carrie was a Roman Catholic. I?ve never read that much about her, to be honest, but their baby being baptised there should have given me a clue!

TLLK

Honestly I was surprised too but even more so when I read  that Boris had been raised as a Roman Catholic too but changed his denomination to CoE when he was attending Eton College.

Amabel2

Quote from: TLLK on May 30, 2021, 01:34:46 PM
Honestly I was surprised too but even more so when I read  that Boris had been raised as a Roman Catholic too but changed his denomination to CoE when he was attending Eton College.
I never knew that. I wonder if he did so for political reasons because years ago, a Roman C could not hold certain offices of state.. as far as I remember.  Tony Blair was married to a RC and was sympathetic to the faith, but he did not "change over" till his political career was finished...
Glad to hear that Boris has married his lady and done so quietly.. its better than I expect of him....

Blue Clover

They seem like an odd couple on so many levels, and both don't seem harmed by Boris and his massive marital baggage.

Amabel2

Quote from: Blue Clover on June 05, 2021, 03:21:40 AM
They seem like an odd couple on so many levels, and both don't seem harmed by Boris and his massive marital baggage.
As I recall about a year or 2 ago there was a big row, when they were living together and police were called (before Boris became PM).   

TLLK

Charlotte Johnson-Wahl the mother of PM Boris Johnson has passed away at age 79.

Boris Johnson?s mother, Charlotte Johnson Wahl, dies at 79 | Boris Johnson | The Guardian

QuoteCharlotte Johnson Wahl, the mother of the prime minister, has died at the age of 79.

The portrait painter passed away ?suddenly and peacefully? at a London hospital on Monday, the family said in a statement shared with the Daily Telegraph.

The prime minister has previously described his mother as the ?supreme authority? in the family. At his first Conservative party conference in 2019, Johnson said his mother had taught him ?the equal importance, the equal dignity, the equal worth of every human being on the planet?.

TLLK

It's a girl!  :flower3:

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson and wife Carrie announce birth of a baby girl

QuoteLONDON ? British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's wife Carrie gave birth to a ?healthy baby girl? at a London hospital on Thursday morning, a spokeswoman for the couple said in a statement.

?Both mother and daughter are doing very well. The couple would like to thank the brilliant NHS maternity team for all their care and support,? the spokeswoman said.

The baby is the couple?s second child together, after their son Wilfred was born in April 2020. They were married in May this year.

Johnson has been married twice before and declines to say how many children he has fathered. He had four children with his second wife, Marina Wheeler, a lawyer.

The happy personal news followed a dramatic day for the U.K. prime minister on Wednesday.

Johnson came under increasing pressure Wednesday to explain reports that his staff last year held a Christmas party that breached the country's coronavirus rules, when cases were rising and people across the country were banned from holding most types of gatherings. He ordered an inquiry Wednesday and said he was ?furious? about the situation.

Amabel2

hmmm.  I wonder what they will call the kid.  problaby something Victorian like Maud or Edith

TLLK

@Amabel2 -Their daughter's name is Romy.  :flower3:

Boris and Carrie Johnson share first pic of baby girl - and reveal unusual name - Mirror Online

QuoteBoris and Carrie Johnson have revealed the name of their baby daughter. Mrs Johnson revealed the pair's second child's full name as Romy Iris Charlotte Johnson.

On a visit to a vaccination centre earlier in the day, Mr Johnson spoke to a woman with a baby in a pram and revealed his daughter's name was Romy.

And posting on Instagram, Mrs Johnson revealed the other meanings behind the names. She said Romy was after her aunt Rosemary, while the couple had picked Iris from the Greek for rainbow.

This could be a reference to the fact Mrs Johnson previously spoke about having had a miscarriage and a baby born after a miscarriage, stillborn, or neonatal death is known as a rainbow baby.

The arrival of their newborn baby means the PM has at least seven children: Lara, Milo, Cassia and Theodore with ex-wife Marina Wheeler; Stephanie after an affair in 2009; and Wilfred and the new baby girl with Carrie.

TLLK

PM Boris Johnson apologies for his own attendance at the "Bring Your Own Bottle" event held in the garden of Number 10.

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson fighting to save leadership over Covid party scandal

QuoteLONDON ? British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is fighting to defend his leadership as fresh reports he and his staff held parties during Covid lockdown sparked a growing storm of criticism from lawmakers, the media and bereaved families across the country.

Johnson apologized in the House of Commons on Wednesday for attending a ?bring your own booze? party in the garden of his Downing Street residence and office in May 2020, confirming reports that have led to intensifying calls for him to resign.

But his apology and explanation that he thought the gathering was a work event were met with incredulous jeers from opposition lawmakers.

Members of Johnson's own Conservative Party have also been openly critical, with some of Britain?s highly partisan newspapers turning on him too.

?I have learned enough to know there were things we simply did not get right and I must take responsibility," said Johnson, 57, during a highly-anticipated lunchtime showdown with lawmakers in Parliament. "With hindsight," he added, "I should have sent everyone back inside."

TLLK

Prime Minister's daughter Romy had Covid 'quite badly' but is 'on the mend', source says | Daily Mail Online

Quotesix-week-old daughter was badly hit by Covid, the Mail can reveal today.

Downing Street announced last week that a member of his family had tested positive for the virus. It did not state who the relative was but it is understood to be his daughter Romy.

A source said she had suffered with the virus 'quite badly' aged five weeks but was now 'on the mend'.

A respiratory virus in a very young infant is terrifying so I am glad that she's recovering.

Curryong

Yes indeed. Nobody would wish Covid, or especially a respiratory infection, on anyone let alone a baby.

TLLK

Clare Drakeford, wife of Wales?s first minister, dies | Mark Drakeford | The Guardian

QuoteClare Drakeford, the wife of Wales?s first minister, Mark Drakeford, has died suddenly, the Welsh government announced on Saturday.

A Welsh government spokesperson said: ?It is with deep sadness that we confirm the sudden passing of Clare Drakeford, wife of the first minister.

?The thoughts of everyone in the Welsh government are with the family at this time and we ask that their privacy is respected.?

The prime minister, Rishi Sunak, said he was ?incredibly sad? to hear about Clare Drakeford?s passing.

?I know how committed Mark and Clare were to each other,? Sunak tweeted. ?I can?t imagine the pain Mark and his family will now be feeling. My heartfelt condolences go out to them.?

Condolence message from the Prince and Princess of Wales.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1619381903093809152?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet