Dickie Arbiter's Book: on His Time w/Prince Charles, Diana & Other Royals

Started by Limabeany, August 03, 2014, 10:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanDianaFancy

QE  could  have done both things  .  She needed to address her subjects, her country, and the world about PD.
It  took her, what  about  30 mins to  read  the script.

When PKennedy died,  JBK  had  two  young children to tend to who were both aged  about under 6 years old.
She also went through  with having a  birthday  party  for  her son. It was his birthday. HIS birthday.  Even she then in 1963 , way ahead  the times, knew that young children, even in times of personal or national tragedy , need some type of stability, routine, etc.
Rumor was  people were against that. Take it  ,it  was a scaled down  celebration  of  his birth. That child and her daughter were a  great comfort to her  to get through her  personal tragedy and  that of the nation.  FL, JBK also  ,in her role, addressed the nation or something like or lead  by example the country and world in mourning.

Arbitor, Burnell, and others, ehhh,  to write about  to me is their right, but cheap.  I am surprised, I said this before, that in the world of the monarchy, there is not a confidentiality  clause for former staff.
Even though they  are who they are and do not have  the same privacy as regular people, their  closest staff  are  privy to  a lot of really persoanl stuff.  Be it PD, Camilla, PC, PW, H all of them  is there any  trust any of them, you would,  would ahve with anyone. When QEII dies, will that dresser/designer   write her book?

With U.S.  Pres., they   always have cabinent members, former SS staff, etc. write books but  it  is  a free world here! They  all work  for the  U.S. and  not  some people for life. See what  I am saying.
The POTUS  and FL  write their  book and write about ecerybody  and everything too.

Arbitor 's book, so far, really  has no Earth shaking news. Same ol same ole:knocking PD. She is dead so  alls the   writers are free to write whatever  .  Saintify  Camilla  and PC  or  , from what  we  read, briefly mentions them  but then  they are alive.   QE  at the time of PD's funeral and the BRF 's   public response....all  old news and known facts FACTS . See Tony Blair's book, wahtever.

Nothing new  here.

amabel

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on September 23, 2014, 11:11:29 PM
Agreed lillbet.

PD  and the "mode didn't last," well, when QEII dies, there will be  outpouring of  sorrow  from her subjects  in that she   did well as  Qof their country  and  sacrifiice.
It  will not last  ...time YES goes on.

The media did not create the PD sorrow. The people of her country generally felt that. No doubt most people did.

I wouldn't' say most people.  But a large number did feel sorrow, because of the suddenness of Dis's death and her youth.  but I think it did not last that long... Oly people who were real fans, continued to feel sorry sometime  later.  Its not the same as the queen dying, sicne while ti would be sad, its in the course of nature that  a woman of her age should pass away...

Double post auto-merged: September 24, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Quote from: FanDianaFancy on September 24, 2014, 04:57:35 AM
QE  could  have done both things  .  She needed to address her subjects, her country, and the world about PD.
It  took her, what  about  30 mins to  read  the script.

When PKennedy died,  JBK  had  two  young children to tend to who were both aged  about under 6 years old.
She also went through  with having a  birthday  party  for  her son. It was his birthday. HIS birthday.  Even she then in 1963 , way ahead  the times, knew that young children, even in times of personal or national tragedy , need some type of stability, routine, etc.
Rumor was  people were against that. Take it  ,it  was a scaled down  celebration  of  his birth. That child and her daughter were a  great comfort to her  to get through her  personal tragedy and  that of the nation.  FL, JBK also  ,in her role, addressed the nation or something like or lead  by example the country and world in mourning.

Arbitor, Burnell, and others, ehhh,  to write about  to me is their right, but cheap.  I am surprised, I said this before, that in the world of the monarchy, there is not a confidentiality  clause for former staff.
Even though they  are who they are and do not have  the same privacy as regular people, their  closest staff  are  privy to  a lot of really persoanl stuff.  Be it PD, Camilla, PC, PW, H all of them  is there any  trust any of them, you would,  would ahve with anyone. When QEII dies, will that dresser/designer   write her book?

With U.S.  Pres., they   always have cabinent members, former SS staff, etc. write books but  it  is  a free world here! They  all work  for the  U.S. and  not  some people for life. See what  I am saying.
The POTUS  and FL  write their  book and write about ecerybody  and everything too.

Arbitor 's book, so far, really  has no Earth shaking news. Same ol same ole:knocking PD. She is dead so  alls the   writers are free to write whatever  .  Saintify  Camilla  and PC  or  , from what  we  read, briefly mentions them  but then  they are alive.   QE  at the time of PD's funeral and the BRF 's   public response....all  old news and known facts FACTS . See Tony Blair's book, wahtever.

Nothing new  here.
I haven't read the whole book but the bit that I've seen, certainly wasn't knocking Diana.  OTOH it was rather sickly and unpleasant reading.. and IMO should not have been published.

sandy

Nobody knows the percentages it could very well be "most people" felt sorrow for Diana.

Double post auto-merged: September 24, 2014, 01:43:26 PM

Quote from: cate1949 on September 24, 2014, 12:38:05 AM
I was just about to leave for college (US speak for Uni) when it happened and we were actually packing the trunk when I heard the news - all that excitement in my young life - I barely paid attention to any of it - did not even know she was in Paris did not watch the funeral etc.  So my knowledge is all from watching the video of the funeral and what people write but - many years later - listening to Brit colleagues who seemed to have been a little embarrassed by it all.

I do think that it is interesting to see how public opinion about the RF and HM's behavior in particular has changed from  some anger at the lack of RF presence to an understanding that HM was really where she needed to be - with her grandson's.  I do think that movie - The Queen - really did change public opinion on that.

The Queen had some fictional elements in it. I don't think it swayed opinion all that much.

What rankled with some was the boys being taken to Church the morning after their mother died and not one mention of her during the service. Now that's cold blooded IMO.

Mike

I've received numerous emails from Amazon that Arbiter's book is delayed.  Delayed how exactly they don't say, but I cancelled my order.
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

cinrit

I just checked amazon.com, and they're selling both new and used, as well as the Kindle edition.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

amabel

I haven't been to a bookshop this week (rare for me not to walk into one!) but I'm still bug ridden,but I assume it is out in the shops?

Lady Adams

I read the whole thing (on my Kindle), and was not impressed. Very little new information, and Dickie seems to think quite highly of himself.

Reviews on Amazon are not good, either.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

amabel

Sounds about right.  I've no intention fo buying it sicne he has no right to do it...