Duchess of Cambridge' tour wardrobe / fashion / style ,.etc

Started by Princessinwaiting, April 06, 2014, 02:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

As I read your post the Mission Impossible theme music played in my mind... :cool:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Macrobug

If the force from the 'Kate effect" can control me this far into the Canadian Wilderness, I imagine it  must be devastating for you Brits  :hehe:
GNU Terry Pratchett

Princessinwaiting

I owned wedges before kate was seen famously wearing them after the reception in 2012 , she didn't create the trend and I agree with this who say designer dresses are made in smaller numbers many people noted this right back in 2011 itself and mentioned it but at the time the press pushed the idea of her making everything sell out .

I like Kate's style pre marriage after her wedding she has started dressing a bit too old for her age imo.

Limabeany

Honestly, I am seeing the sleeves on the first dress and the collar on the dress zippered up to the neck, and aside from the women rushing to buy what she wears so they can say to themselves they look like a princess, I don't see her clothes becoming trends, many are really boring... And the selection here, except for the yellow and the one with flowers are quite the opposite of what would make normal women look good...  :orchid:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.