Prince and Princess of Wales - Honorary Military Appointments

Started by TLLK, December 16, 2015, 08:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: Nightowl on August 14, 2023, 03:05:14 AM
Yes agree 1000% with your comment and it shows that there is a huge support for the royal family and those that get the medals. Just look at the support for the men who carried HM's coffin, how they must of felt honored and pride to do so.

I say for those countries that want to rid themselves of King Charles and the royal family, just GO, do your own thing and fade away into the vast unknown like Edward and Wallis.  WE all have choices even those that dislike the royal family and Britain.  Nobody is stopping any country that I know of. I think it would be better for some to leave, break those ties, do your own thing, go your own way...I don't think anybody will miss whomever leaves.

Yes the huge crowds that lined the streets in Edinburgh and London was proof enough to me that the UK believed that the late QEII had earned the love and support of the nation that she'd represented as Head of State for over 70 years. The guardsmen that were selected to carry her coffin as well as those members of the British Armed Forces as well as several Commonwealth Nation regiments who participated in the ceremonies associated with her lying in state and funeral should be incredibly proud of their participation. The last State Funeral for a monarch occurred over 70 years prior to QEII's and I do expect that we will see one in the next 25-30 years should KCIII have inherited his parents' and maternal grandmother's longevity genes. Even if the current realms in the Commonwealth ie Australia, New Zealand,  Canada etc..it's possible that some Commonwealth Armed Forces might participate.

Nightowl

Thank you, I still get emotional over HM, since a child with magazines and some TV I have been a fan. My grandmother named my middle name after her, Elizabeth.  So many tens of thousands of  military members who marched made me tear up watching HM's funeral it must of been very hard emotionally on them. I could not get over the viewing at the Westminster Abbey, it was so very sad yet so historically appropriate.  Then seeing some of the family take their turn standing guard made me cry.   I think that lots of people of the world just stopped and expressed grief over her passing, even we did not personally know her, she was always there for her country through good times and bad.

Grandparents are very important to me as a child and even though they are now gone, they still are with me in my memories'.

Sometimes family members can betray their family to a point of no return with all the damage that has been done.  Believe me I really do get that!

PrincessOfPeace

NEW: The Princess of Wales will visit Royal Naval Air Station Yeovilton on Monday, one of the Royal Navy's two principal air stations, and one of the busiest military airfields in the UK.

The King recently appointed Princess Catherine as Commodore-in-Chief, Fleet Air Arm.

TLLK

The PssoW in her role as the Honorary Commodore of the Royal Naval Air Station Yeovilton paid a visit today.

Princess Wales September 18 Pictures and Photos - Getty Images,%202023&sort=newest

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales has been promoted to Wing Commander in the RAF. It also most likely means he's been promoted to Commander in the RN and Lieutenant -Colonel in the Army.

wannable

Majesty Magazine & Joe Little
@MajestyMagazine

The Princess of Wales, appointed Colonel-in-Chief of 1st The Queen?s Dragoon Guards by the King in August, will visit the regiment for the first time on Wednesday.

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

wannable

This picture was trending yesterday in all social media platforms

PrincessOfPeace

The Prince of Wales' military promotions have appeared in the Gazette:

BUCKINGHAM PALACE -

9th November 2023 -

The KING has been graciously pleased to give orders for the following Honorary appointments in His Majesty's Armed Forces: -

Lieutenant Commander His Royal Highness THE PRINCE OF WALES, K.G., K.T., A.D.C., as Commander. -

Major His Royal Highness THE PRINCE OF WALES, K.G., K.T., A.D.C., as Lieutenant Colonel. -

Squadron Leader His Royal Highness THE PRINCE OF WALES, K.G., K.T., A.D.C., as Wing Commander. -

(To be dated 11 August 2023)

4479765 | Honours and Awards | The Gazette

wannable

The Prince of Wales, Colonel-in-Chief, 1st Battalion The Mercian Regiment, today visiting the Regiment at Salisbury Plain.

Source collage by Saphireblue3, X

TLLK

wannable

This visit was earlier today (a.m.)

The Prince and Princess of Wales
@KensingtonRoyal

A memorable hands-on introduction to the @MercianRegimentas its Colonel-in-Chief.

A real education 'in the field' and understanding the work of modern infantry in the @britisharmy

^ The short videos and pictures, the POW really enjoyed this visit very much, laughing and smiling.

wannable

This duty will be the POW in behalf of the King.

Majesty Magazine & Joe Little
@MajestyMagazine

The Prince of Wales, Commodore-in-Chief Submarines, will attend the Lord High Admiral's Divisions on behalf of the King at Britannia Royal Naval College in Dartmouth on 14th December.

wannable

Prince William dons his navy uniform for the first time in 13 years and takes salute as he heads to Lord High Admiral's Divisions on behalf of King Charles

In his speech today:
''It is well known that my grandmother and grandfather met here, while my great grandfather, King George the Sixth, was conducting these very duties.''

wannable

The Prince and Princess of Wales
@KensingtonRoyal

Congratulations to the remarkable Young Officers on your Passing Out Parade.

Your dedication, discipline and hard work have brought you to this significant milestone as you embark on this incredible journey of duty and service around the world ⚓️

PrincessOfPeace

A year in the British Army - March 2023 -

The @irish_guards provided a warm welcome to their new Royal Colonel, The Princess of Wales. -

Her Royal Highness took part in a casualty exercise and met men and women of all ranks during her visit. -

https://x.com/BritishArmy/status/1737865699727446488?s=20

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on December 21, 2023, 05:11:01 PM

The @irish_guards provided a warm welcome to their new Royal Colonel, The Princess of Wales. -

Her Royal Highness took part in a casualty exercise and met men and women of all ranks during her visit. -

An Honorary Colonelcy does not mean that Kate has joined the British Army, or that she has actively served in said army in any way, shape or form.

PrincessOfPeace

^^^ It's a direct quote from the official British Army twitter account

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on December 21, 2023, 11:03:58 PM
^^^ It's a direct quote from the official British Army twitter account

Of course the Guards are going to put something warm and fuzzy into announcements about visits from and about their Honorary Colonel. The Guards have always been connected with the RF. However, it is a fact that people holding Honorary positions like that are not regarded as working and active members of the British Army. If they are then if, God forbid, a war breaks out, I look forward to seeing Camilla, Kate, Edward, William and the King etc serving at regimental level with their troops.

TLLK

[quote author=PrincessOfPeace

That was a great start for Catherine as the new Colonel in Chief of the Irish Guards.

[/quote]

PrincessOfPeace

In keeping with tradition wherever they are in the world the @irish_guards give a rousing three cheers for the Colonel of the Regiment HRH the Princess of Wales at their St Patrick's Day Parade in Aldershot. @BritishArmy @KensingtonRoyal

https://x.com/ArmyInLondon/status/1769353879823454430?s=20

Blue Clover

Kate's absence has caught fire in the media. The public is asking so many questions and feels that the palace should update them.