Kate: Photography, Art and Museum Patronages and Charities

Started by PrincessOfPeace, January 28, 2014, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

It is wonderful to see that Catherine is happily dedicated to her new patronage.  :flower: :flower: :flower:

Princess Cassandra

She does not appear to take her patronages lightly, and they all take a certain amount of time to keep up with, keep in touch with, and stay informed of. Some of them are related, so she can coordinate her work with them, which is good.

wannable

Unannounced

Kate joins children for photography workshop as she's named patron of Royal Photographic Society | Daily Mail Online

She went to an event of her new patronage of the Royal Photography Society
Picture perfect! Beaming Kate is chic in a paisley print dress as she joins children for a Royal Photography Society workshop in London
The Duchess of Cambridge succeeded the Queen as the figurehead of the body who supported it for 67 years
Keen photographer Kate has been widely praised for portraits of her children George, Charlotte and Louis
Kate, 37, took part in a Royal Photographic Society workshop with kids from charity Action for Children
Duchess was dressed perfectly for summer, sporting a patterned floaty dress in shades of green and brown

Verified account
@RE_DailyMail

The Duchess of Cambridge is visiting a photography workshop in her role as patron of @actnforchildren - and, as of today, patron of The Royal Photographic Society, after the patronage was handed down to her by the Queen after 67 years.

Twitter

They joined her 2 patronages to make an event.

TLLK

Here is the official announcement for Catherine's new patronage.

Twitter

New patronage announced for The Duchess of Cambridge | The Royal Family

QuoteHer Majesty The Queen has passed the patronage to The Duchess after having held the role for 67 years. The new patronage has been announced ahead of Her Royal Highness's visit to a photography workshop run by The Royal Photographic Society and Action for Children, which is another of The Duchess?s patronages.

Her Royal Highness will join children from Action for Children in several sessions, run with Royal Photographic Society Honorary Fellows Jillian Edelstein and Harry Borden, that will cover various elements of photography such as portraits, light and colour. Alongside developing new skills, the workshop will highlight how photography provides a universal language for young people to express themselves and release their thoughts and feelings.

The Duchess has a longstanding interest in photography, and this patronage will further highlight the beneficial impact that art and creativity can have on emotional wellbeing, particularly for children and young people.

Double post auto-merged: June 25, 2019, 02:37:11 PM

With this new addition, Catherine has a total of 18 patronages/charities/ appointments.

TLLK

Duchess of Cambridge admires childrens' photos - YouTube

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge admires childrens' photographs and participates in a workshop organised by the Royal Photographic Society. The Duchess has succeeded the Queen as Patron of The Royal Photographic Society. Report by Louis Etemadi.

wannable

Thank you for all the information posted here, I was quite confused, and recalled she had something to do with the Royal Photographic Society, until finally search and one will find the answer (in other words I wasn't dreaming) :laugh:

The Duchess of Cambridge was made an Honorary Member of the Royal Photographic Society in 03 January 2017
and
as of today 25 June 2019 is their Royal Patron  :D

TLLK

Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) on Twitter

On World Photography Day, a young photographer who participated in the June 26, RPS Action for Children event  shared his most recent work. :happy:

Double post auto-merged: August 19, 2019, 09:17:33 PM

Kensington Palace on Instagram: ?Today is #WorldPhotographyDay ? when we celebrate the art, craft, science and history of photography. Photography can

TLLK

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the Natural History Museum, will visit the Angela Marmont Centre for UK Biodiversity to hear how it is championing and helping to protect UK wildlife - 9th October.

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteLooking for a newt 🦎 @NHM_London brought the pond indoors for #DuchessofCambridge for some wildlife spotting

Double post auto-merged: October 09, 2019, 11:54:07 AM

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: October 09, 2019, 11:54:28 AM

QuoteThe Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the @NHM_London, visited the Angela Marmont Centre for UK Biodiversity to hear how it is championing and helping to protect UK wildlife.

wannable

Lovely outfit, it's very me  :D

I haven't been to the Natural History Museum, but what I've heard from all my Brit friends is that the place is amazing.

sandy

I don't like the culottes. She could have paired up the sweater with a skirt.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on October 09, 2019, 01:00:31 PM
Lovely outfit, it's very me  :D

I haven't been to the Natural History Museum, but what I've heard from all my Brit friends is that the place is amazing.
Yes it is an amazing place. I so enjoy museums with an extensive collection.
Great casual, fall outfit for today's engagement. Good to see Catherine experimenting with new looks.

sandy

The culottes looked too much like "polyester." Somehow to me this look does not suit her.

TLLK

:D that would be because they are made of polyester.  :lol:

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on October 09, 2019, 05:36:30 PM
I thogth that Culottes were rather shorter than those...

sandy

Quote from: TLLK on October 09, 2019, 05:36:30 PM

I thought royals did not "do" polyester. The culottes did not match the top she wore.

TLLK

:hehe: Well any time a member of a royal family has appeared in a track suit, sports jersey, swimsuit, and most modern day active wear they have probably worn polyester. :hehe:

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on October 03, 2019, 10:38:56 PM
The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of the Natural History Museum, will visit the Angela Marmont Centre for UK Biodiversity to hear how it is championing and helping to protect UK wildlife - 9th October.
It's on my bucket list after these posts...as I imagine her visit will do for a lot of other folks. Regarding her outfit, one thing I've noticed that never wavers about her style is that her clothes always fit well. Unless it is a loose fitting design, the clothes always fit close to her figure, but never too tight.  I love the scalloped neck and sleeves, as well as the color, but it's already sold out.

amabel

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on October 10, 2019, 03:31:10 AM
It's on my bucket list after these posts...as I imagine her visit will do for a lot of other folks. Regarding her outfit, one thing I've noticed that never wavers about her style is that her clothes always fit well. Unless it is a loose fitting design, the clothes always fit close to her figure, but never too tight.  I love the scalloped neck and sleeves, as well as the color, but it's already sold out.
well Im not crazy about her clothes in that there's no special quality about them..but OTOH she rarely dresses unitdy?  From what I remember of culottes when I was a kid, they were bigger and baggier than what K is wearing..which do indeed look nice and fit well.  She rarely jars the eye with her clothes