The Sussexes birth wishes to Prince George on Instagram -Complaints!

Started by Yale, July 25, 2019, 10:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yale

I just read about this.  Posters on Instagram were upset because Harry and Meghan did not use the child's royal title?  First of all, they are family!  There is no reason for them to be that formal. And he is a child.  It is totally ridiculous and stupid.

No, they should not have and I am glad they didn't!

Blue Clover

I imagine that members of royal families don't use titles with each other.

wannable

It's another one of those silly articles, the war of the 'fans'. All BRF SM's did use 'Prince George' except the couple. Perhaps they can avoid the silly articles by adding those two words rather than a You? 

The same people complaining or defending in Instagram (and Twitter) have also complained or defended when media outlets or official Instagram (twitter) handlers do not refer the couple as HRH, Duke or Duchess but plain Harry and Meghan (by the same token William and Kate).

TLLK

Quote from: Blue Clover on July 26, 2019, 03:10:54 AM
I imagine that members of royal families don't use titles with each other.
I agree that they don't use titles with each other, but I have noticed QEII's adult  family members are very careful to refer to her as "Her Majesty" or "The Queen" in most of their statements.

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on July 26, 2019, 04:54:56 PM
I agree that they don't use titles with each other, but I have noticed QEII's adult  family members are very careful to refer to her as "Her Majesty" or "The Queen" in most of their statements.
True...

Princess Cassandra

When the Queen went to visit Prince Philip following his "exploratory surgery" she brought a birthday card for him with her. The photograph clearly showed that she had written "HRH Prince Philip" on the envelope.  I can't imagine her delivering a card to him from someone else, so I assume she uses formalities at almost all times. I'm sure the younger royals are less formal than the Queen and her children, at any rate, and as someone posted above, he is a child and he is their nephew, a close family member.....it would be strange for them to address him with his title.   I am not critical of the Sussex's over this at all, but I wonder if perhaps they should not use a public platform when there are personal messages. 

sandy

I think it was much ado about nothing. Besides which William and Kate are said to want the children to be treated "normally" especially in school so the classmates and teacher would not have to address George as Your Highness.  THis was an uncle and aunt addressing their nephew. In private I doubt there is curtseying involved when greeting the children.

LouisFerdinand

@Yale, I agree they are family. George is the nephew of Harry and Meghan. Do people complain that Prince Harry is not always called Henry, his official and legal name?

amabel

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on July 26, 2019, 09:49:47 PM
When the Queen went to visit Prince Philip following his "exploratory surgery" she brought a birthday card for him with her. The photograph clearly showed that she had written "HRH Prince Philip" on the envelope.  I can't imagine her delivering a card to him from someone else, so I assume she uses formalities at almost all times. I'm sure the younger royals are less formal than the Queen and her children, at any rate, and as someone posted above, he is a child and he is their nephew, a close family member.....it would be strange for them to address him with his title.   I am not critical of the Sussex's over this at all, but I wonder if perhaps they should not use a public platform when there are personal messages. 
I think the queen is still very formal.. and she's The Queen to her children and she treats Philip with the same formality and respect in public and so I imagine do the children and grandchildren...

wannable

All the official Social Media of the members of the BRF are formal or Semi with their titles, they take away the HRH, but still use Name, Title.  In reference to the subject of this thread they did ALL use ''Prince George'', except the Sussex's who wished him ''Happy birthday You''.

sandy

wannable

The no name happy birthday is a sure way of getting the media attention, it doesn't matter if it's silly, inane, but the attention grabbing is there.  I doubt any other working member of the BRF will i.e. next year write Happy Birthday You, to end up in the papers during the It birthday of the Son of Sussex.