Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Engagements

Started by SophieChloe, January 21, 2018, 05:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Good to see Harry catching up with Gareth again and also meeting the other rugby players at the club to highlight this important cause.

Re the six weeks leave. There was never really any official announcement about the length of the six weeks of family time leave. And certainly nothing was ever mentioned about the little family going to LA for Thanksgiving (or for the whole six weeks according to some Twitter gossip.) They could just as easily spend most of it at the Cottage or with friends or relatives in Britain. They might visit the Spencer side of the family.

wannable

True, even Omid confirmed in his twitter handle about the 6 weeks of off time/holiday, including Thanksgiving with Doria.

Gerts mentioned about it, a bit like minded @Curryong

Re: Questions about the Sussexes taking a break from Royal Duties for a few weeks. 

Like most things, the Palace hasn?t given details to the press. No official word on when the Sussexes last engagement will be or how long exactly their break will be.
Reporters can only report on the information they are given or what they can find.
Poor/lack of communication between the Palace & Royal Reporters leads to errors.
(Especially when reporters find something out from a source and the Palace is unwilling to confirm or clarify.)

sandy

Quote from: Curryong on November 08, 2019, 01:54:53 PM
Good to see Harry catching up with Gareth again and also meeting the other rugby players at the club to highlight this important cause.

Re the six weeks leave. There was never really any official announcement about the length of the six weeks of family time leave. And certainly nothing was ever mentioned about the little family going to LA for Thanksgiving (or for the whole six weeks according to some Twitter gossip.) They could just as easily spend most of it at the Cottage or with friends or relatives in Britain. They might visit the Spencer side of the family.

I'd enjoy seeing photos of them with their Spencer relatives.  Harry seems close to his Spencer aunts.

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteCC Tuesday:
The Duke of Sussex, President, The Queen?s Commonwealth Trust, this afternoon attended a Meeting at Coutts and Company, 440 Strand, London WC2.

TLLK

Prince Harry today 11/17/19at the Inaugural On Side Awards.

Prince Harry arrives at the Royal Albert Hall for the inaugural OnSide Awards | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: November 17, 2019, 09:31:40 PM

Im?genes y fotograf?as - Getty Images

Curryong

Big venue that one! Harry was cheerful and in good spirits as he praised the award winners. Everybody seemed to be enjoying the ceremony.

TLLK

While not technically an engagement, this seemed the most appropriate place to post this news.

Twitter

QuoteDuchess Meghan write message of support for her patronage @The_ACU on World Access to Higher Education Day 2019

Double post auto-merged: November 26, 2019, 02:38:21 PM

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: November 26, 2019, 02:38:45 PM

QuoteVideo message of Prince Harry plays at Fourth Review Conference of the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention in Oslo today.

Prince Harry was unable to attend the conference in person as he is on a break from engagements with his family.

wannable

The old and very exiting They Are Engaged! thread is closed (15 pages), so I'll mark their engagement anniversary here.

The couple are sharing 2 old pictures and 1 new one!
sussexroyal
Verified
On this day, two years ago:

27th of November 2017, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced the news of their engagement, later becoming Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex! They have since celebrated their wedding anniversary and welcomed their son, Archie, into the world ❤️
?
Photo ? PA / Chris Allerton ? SussexRoyal
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex on Instagram: ?On this day, two years ago: 27th of November 2017, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced the news of

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on November 27, 2019, 04:51:27 PM
The old and very exiting They Are Engaged! thread is closed (15 pages), so I'll mark their engagement anniversary here.

The couple are sharing 2 old pictures and 1 new one!

I like the progressive photos showing engagement, wedding and baby. :vday2: :wub:

Curryong

Not really an engagement but Santa Harry has sent a seasonal message to Scotty's Little Soldiers.

Twitter

wannable

''Ho ho ho, huy guys I heard there is 190 of you, please cause as much chaos as humanly possible''   :hehe:

Happy Christmas to the Sussex family.  :xmas21:

PrincessOfPeace

Harry finished the year with 162 engagements and Meghan with 65.

wannable

Private engagement Duchess of Sussex
Meghan Markle is spotted leaving London's National Theatre where she's patron 24 hours after official visit to Canada House

Engagement for Prince Harry
Prince Harry (patron of @TheRFL) will host the Rugby League World Cup 2021 draws for the men?s, women?s and wheelchair tournaments at Buckingham Palace on Jan 16. Harry will meet with reps from all 21 nations taking part in @RLWC2021 and watch local school children play rugby.

TLLK

I wonder if some of the private visits that were seeing this week were ones that were originally scheduled for Nov. and Dec. 2019 and then were quietly postponed when it was announced that the couple would be taking a six week break. TBH I would have found it very unusual that the couple would have not had to do some rescheduling.

wannable

That's a good theory.

Have you read the Sussex fan complaints in SM about the Queen's decision to have WK at the UK/Africa investment, all the Commonwealth African nation presidents and senior leaders will be at BP with Cambridge's?  I believe this event WAS for the Sussex, but they blew it with the African Interview, which overshadowed completely the UK Gov/Foreign Office purpose.

TLLK

No I personally have not seen those remarks about the Investment reception.

Quotengagement for Prince Harry
Prince Harry (patron of @TheRFL) will host the Rugby League World Cup 2021 draws for the men?s, women?s and wheelchair tournaments at Buckingham Palace on Jan 16. Harry will meet with reps from all 21 nations taking part in @RLWC2021 and watch local school children play rugby.

Happy that Harry has an event leading up to the RLWC2021 as sports are such an important part of a nation's culture. :thumbsup:

Double post auto-merged: January 08, 2020, 04:31:22 PM

Photos of Meghan outside of the theater today in this article.

Meghan Markle is spotted leaving London's National Theatre | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

Omid Scobie reports, on a positive note, that there has been a significant rise in the number of copies of the Together cookbook sold in the last little while as followers rush to show their support.

Twitter

TLLK

Meghan made an unofficial visit in Vancouver today.

Twitter

QuoteDuchess Meghan makes an unofficial visit to the Downtown Eastsife Women?s Centre in Vancouver, Canada.

It looks like no press was invited to the event, but the org posted about it on social media.

Double post auto-merged: January 16, 2020, 12:38:22 AM

More about Meghan's visit yesterday in Vancouver to the Downtown Eastlife Women's Centre.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/meghan-markle-dtes-womens-shelter-1.5427270

Double post auto-merged: January 16, 2020, 12:38:57 AM

QuoteGibson said the visit was arranged when she received a "somewhat mysterious" email from a Hotmail account on Monday asking about security.

It was Meghan's assistant. The Duchess was interested in visiting some Vancouver organizations that serve women, Gibson said.

Double post auto-merged: January 16, 2020, 12:39:29 AM

QuoteThe Downtown Eastside Women's Shelter provides services for women and also serves as a drop-in emergency night shelter. More than 500 women use its services every day, according to its website.

Gibson said she had a great conversation with Meghan, and it was a welcome opportunity for the women working on the front lines to share stories about their work in the community.

"I thought she was really down to earth," Gibson said.

"She's very good at sort of picking up something from the conversation and expanding that a bit, and asking questions and [was] empathetic. She was really great."

Double post auto-merged: January 16, 2020, 01:02:39 AM

Meghan also visited another organization "Justice for Girls" yesterday.

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: January 16, 2020, 01:03:02 AM

QuoteYesterday, The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle visited to discuss climate justice for girls and the rights of Indigenous peoples. Was great to talk about the importance of a holistic approach to social justice, and the power of young women?s leadership.

Double post auto-merged: January 16, 2020, 01:05:31 AM

At this point in time I'm choosing to place any private engagements that either the Duke or Duchess of Sussex choose to do  in Canada or the UK in their engagements thread like I have always done. Any public engagements that the couple do on behalf of their patronages either joint or solo, I'll create a new thread for their forum. :Jen: :windsor1:

SophieChloe

[mod]I have set up a new thread : Duke & Duchess of Sussex future engagements... [/mod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me