75 birthday celebrations of Danish Prince Henrik

Started by marine2109, June 10, 2009, 06:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marine2109

Quote10-06-2009 Dannebrog 75 birthday celebrations of Danish Prince Henrik in Rungsted.Danish Royals attended lunch at the Royal Yacht Dannebrog.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?start=0&zoektype=2&search=10-06-2009%20Dannebrog

marine2109

Quote10-06-2009 Concert Danish Prince Henrik celebrates his 75 birthday with a concert of the DR Symphony.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?start=0&zoektype=2&search=10-06-2009%20Concert

Quote11-06-2009 Denmark Prince Henriks 75th birthday at Fredensborg Castle in the morning with Princess Mary, Prince Frederik and Princess Isabella and Prince Christian.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?start=0&zoektype=2&search=11-06-2009%20Denmark

marine2109

Quote11-06-2009 Fredensborg Danish Prince Henrik celebrates his 75 birthday at castle Fredensborg.
Princess Mary, Prince Christian, Princess Isabella at the Parade for Prince Henriks 75th birthday.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?start=0&zoektype=2&search=11-06-2009%20Fredensborg

MapleLeaf

A belated Happy Birthday to Prince Henrik!

:bday2:
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Lillianna

Thanks marine! :flower:

Married life has aged Frederik, poor thing. And Christian is apparently a rather spoilt little boy. I can only guess who the queen must be blaming for that.

Believe it or not, but the one thing Henrik wanted for his birthday, above all else, was the title of king, reportedly to put him "on the same level" as his wife. I've lost count of the number of times this man has blathered on about this "injustice" in interviews.

Oh what must it be like to be married to a whiny, self-absorbed person like that!
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

Lillianna

Interesting tidbit on the official website of the Danish royal family: Guest list for the dinner at Fredensborg castle, June 11, 2009

On that guest list, Princess Marie's parents and stepfather received a unique honour:
QuotePrinsgemalens familie
Monsieur Claude Bardin
Madame Claude Bardin
Monsieur Guillaume Bardin
Madame Guillaume Bardin
Le Comte Jean-Baptiste de Laborde de Monpezat
La Comtesse de Laborde de Monpezat
Monsieur Alain Cavallier
Monsieur Christian Grassiot
Madame Christian Grassiot

They are listed as "the prince consort's family", i.e., Prince Henrik's family. The bonds between Frenchmen must run pretty deep! :)

This rare distinction (Henrik is said to be notoriously position-conscious) and the absence of the Donaldsons, crown princess Mary's parents (i.e., father and stepmother), have now become the subject of much speculation, particularly since it is rumoured that the Donaldsons were in Denmark at the time of the event.

Intriguing? Discuss!

(Pilfered) pics:
Grandma Daisy thinks her grandson is a spoilt brat - She does not look impressed.
So Daddy reprimands his son, who runs to complain to Mummy? - no wonder so many parents are getting divorced!
New name for Isabella: The Orphan Princess - cripes, who buys this child's clothes?
Look at me! - No more words are necessary.
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

drezzle

QuoteGrandma Daisy thinks her grandson is a spoilt brat - She does not look impressed.

Early in their marriage, the wannabe King Henrik appeared way overly touchy feely with Princess Mary.  Perhaps she had to reject his advances, and now he is rejecting her family.  

Seems to me that poor Prince Frederik had piss poor parents.  It's probably the reason he ended up married to a cold psychopath like Mary, who is also a piss poor parent to their children. And so the cycle continues.  But there is a glimmer of light -- Frederik seems like an excellent parent -- and maybe that will be enough to turn the tide.  
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

princessealiénor

I don't see Mary as a cold psychopath (why do you see her like that?)

newcomer

Wow you guys are pretty harsh.  As I have never heard any reports of Mary being a bad parent can you please back up your claims, eg, articles, stories you have heard ect.

I have a two year old boy and let me assure you it is friggin hard to keep him under control in public whilst maintaining my composure.  Even the most well brought up children throw the occasional wobbly. 

princessealiénor

^ I totally agree with you newcomer, he's just a toddler who want to play, he's nearly 4 year old, he will change  when he grows up