Diana's will

Started by abc, February 10, 2004, 05:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc

I found a copy of Diana's will on court tv's web site. She had about approximately  $35 million ( 21.5 million pounds ) fortune at her death and she left 50,000 pounds to Paul Burell. There is lost of legal will gargin but parts were interesting.
So not only do you turn yourself on, but it's enough to need a cold shower? - me about lisa or should I say will

Don't lie, you miniature copy machine... :angry: - dcd

LisaG

Anyone find this interesting....

Quote#3 SHOULD any child of mine be under age at the date of the death of the survivor of myself and my husband I APPOINT my mother and my brother EARL SPENCER to be the guardians of that child and I express the wish that should I predecease my husband he will consult with my mother with regard to the upbringing education and welfare of our children

abc

I think thats only if Charles had died too but I still find it interesting.

But then I thought Paul Burrell getting 50,000 pounds (~$92,900) was interesting too.
So not only do you turn yourself on, but it's enough to need a cold shower? - me about lisa or should I say will

LisaG

QuoteI think thats only if Charles had died too but I still find it interesting.

But then I thought Paul Burrell getting 50,000 pounds (~$92,900) was interesting too.
Yeah, after rereading it once I posted it I figured that out. DUH, me. Lol but the last bit is interesting to.  I bet Charles didn't call Di's mother and ask her advice on raising them!  

abc

QuoteI think thats only if Charles had died too but I still find it interesting.

Yeah, after rereading it once I posted it I figured that out. DUH, me. Lol but the last bit is interesting to.  I bet Charles didn't call Di's mother and ask her advice on raising them!
Probably not. But he seems at least a little more responsible now, maybe thats just perception.
I certainly have heard how the media would play favorites, like on one trip when they got back
the media showed the photo of diana hugging her sons but not the one of charles hugging them.

Also didn't burrell say he was doing the book because he needed the money because of house,
attorney fees, etc. So according to this in todays excahnge rates he got $92,200, so I am left wondering
how much was he really hurting finacially?

LisaG

I think he blew through that money.  Interesting enough, even though I think Burrell is scum, it's fascinating to see that she left him that money.  He must of been somewhat close to her if she left himthat kind of money and no one else. Hmmmm

pixie

He also got about half a million dollars from his initial contract with the mirror that told the story of the trial.  (Separate from the book deal, serialization, and all that money.)  That was more than enough to pay for his legal fees and the hours he lost working.

He's just saying that so people will sypathize with him.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

abc

Paul didn't really betray her till after the trial though, so she was already dead and couldn't change her will.