Breaking News: Crown Princess Victoria Might Wed in 2008

Started by hippie_cyndi, October 20, 2007, 12:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Rose

Quote from: princessealiénor on October 21, 2007, 11:39:33 AM
Victoria can't wed other crown princes!

Yes, for one good reason inbreeding.  The royals have to marry commoners or very distant cousins now and again to freshen the gene pool, especially since most of the European Royal Houses are all too closely related right now.

dizzylizzy13

They could I guess, but it might be prudent to stay away from sharp objects  :teehee:

serene grace

They don't have to marry commoners, there are so many Aristocrats in those towns and villages and hillsides. Mathilda was one, no one ever heard of her, but the Crown Prince Phillipe of Belgium certainly found her. Their children are fine, she was a wonderful choice.

She was born Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz on 20 January 1973. Though her grandfather and her uncle were barons, she and her father were members of the untitled nobility. As such, she has a right to the Dutch predicate Jonkvrouw for which the closest English-language equivalent would probably be the British courtesy title "Honourable".

Mathilde's father is Count (formerly Jonkheer) Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz; her mother is the former Countess Anna Maria Komorowska (September 24, 1947).

Mathilde is the oldest of five children. She has 3 younger sisters and 1 younger brother: Countess Marie-Alix d'Udekem d'Acoz (September 16, 1974 - April, 1997), Countess Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz (January 17, 1977), Countess Hélene d'Udekem d'Acoz (September 22, 1979) and Count Charles-Henri d'Udekem d'Acoz (May 13, 1985).

Her maternal ancestors were Polish szlachta and aristocracy. Her mother, Countess Anna Maria Komorowska from Komorowo, Korczak coat of arms (born 1946 in Białogard, Poland) was a daughter of Count Leon Michał Komorowski (1907-1992) and Princess Zofia Sapieha-Kodeński from Krasiczyn, Lis coat of arms (1919-1997).

Princess Zofia was a daughter of Prince Adam Zygmunt Sapieha-Kodeński (1892-1970), grandson of Count Kazimierz Wojciech Potulicki, and Princess Jadwiga Klementyna Sanguszko-Kowelski. He was a great-grandson of Princess Izabela Maria Lubomirska. Princess Mathilde is related to the main Polish aristocratic and szlachta families, such as Czartoryski, Lubomirski, Radziwiłł, Zamoyski, Komorowski, Potulicki, Sanguszko and others.

All that blood didn't hurt her or their marriage or their children.
She was a wonderful Aristocratic choice. No sex tapes, no prior husbands, no mothers chewing gum, I'm just saying......noting wrong with the commoner brides also, just that ther ARE Aristocrats around.
Wikipedia

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Countessa

I don't mind commoner brides. I am a "commoner". But I think he or she has to be extraordinary, very special, or something. Not just some bar hopping party girl or insecure social climber, not some waitress who had a child out of wedlock after partying her whole youth. Enough already!

And Mathilde was the perfect choice. It's amazing Phillippe even found her.

hippie_cyndi

Totally agree with you......we'll see.

...Mathilde was an arranged marriage b/w Phillippe's parents and courtier........she's much better future Queen than he is a future King......but their marriage will last......unlike that of Crown Prince Frederick or Felipe from what I hear :shrug:
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

Countessa

I like Mary and Sophie. Letizia has been a disappointment. The only marriage I can say for sure that's going to/is working is Sophie and Edward.

Does Daniel even speak english? I think there was some comment that among his other ordinary qualities, he doesn't speak english and lacks the social skills to be consort to the crown princess.

hippie_cyndi

its part of Swedish education where e/o learns English....he does speak it but not as good as Victoria......Daniel hates all the fame and responsibility that comes with being with her.....but they love e/o.....we'll see if anything concrete comes out of it.

PrincessKLS

Quote from: Cassidy on October 24, 2007, 11:41:27 AM
The Swedish one

Well of course it's the Swedish one but which Swedish palace or castle? Do they have multiple ones like the UK does :hmm:

Mary Rose

Quote from: serene grace on October 24, 2007, 06:45:10 PM
They don't have to marry commoners, there are so many Aristocrats in those towns and villages and hillsides.

That is what I said.  They can marry Aristocrats because usually those people are distant cousins or people who were commoners but got titles.  By the time you are fifth cousins with someone it is far enough back and almost as if you are not related at all.  But, the royals can not continue to marry each other as they have been doing because it creates bad genes and nutty people.

serene grace

I see we do actually agree Mary Rose, I just thought it was strange people keep saying there is no aristocracy or nobility around for them to marry. I do like Mary and Sophie, Maxima too and all seem hardworking. If Mathilde was arranged, which might be true, but I think I read that the Prince denied it, but it did look like some kind of set up. I read where her grandmother  or some family member died and she was quite upset and the Prince went to call on her after seeing her at the funeral service, but it still could have been arranged, but ...I don't mind a arranged  marriage IF it works. It didn't work for Lady Diana and Pr Charles but it does seem to be working for Pr. Phillpe and Mathilde.  Some of the Royals drag their feet for so long, maybe the parents have to take action, if it ends up a love-match that is okay. :hug: :Royal: :flowers: :hug: :ww:

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Mary Rose

I never understood that myself.  Generally, the aristocracy are distantly related to their RFs. They are descended from a younger child of a King or an illegimate one.  If Victoria loves this guy, and he seems like someone worthy of such a job then they should marry.  Although, hopefully he will not mind having her ahead of him as Queen.

Kelly B

Lillianna

I am hoping it will be Carl Phillip as well, even though I am also not impressed with his girlfriend. For example, apart from living with and being subsidised by the prince (although she keeps a low profile), what does she actually do?

I have been holding off on commenting on it (most SE newspapers are just trying to increase sales, IMO, every year since 5 -6 years ago the media have set a date for her wedding). Most people thought that her last boyfriend was actually more suited to the role than this one, who rather comes across as a bit of an opportunist, and not a terribly confident one at that. Business leaders in Victoria's circle treat him as a bit of a lackey, "teaching" him how to "become a prince", things like etiquette and manner of dress and all that. It's as if they already have him in their pocket before he has walked down the aisle. :).

Also, whomever she ends up being married to will have to earn the respect of her peers (Princess Anne's second husband is having a serious issue with this as well). I get the impression that he is tolerated because he is her boyfriend, but that otherwise, they would not really have much to do with him (sounds familiar?). He seems to move from one shady business deal to another, and has been accused on more than one occasion of exploiting his links to the princess to further one or two schemes. It's all rather unseemly, IMO.

Apparently the king and queen both think that Victoria could do better, but we shall see. She is in her thirties now, so some people are getting a bit nervous/desperate. But somehow I think that if she really wanted to marry him (or vice versa) then there really would have been nothing to stop them even 2 years ago. Perhaps the parents have finally decided to allow it, since she is not getting any younger? We'll see.
"Happy are those who expect nothing, for they will never be disappointed."

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words;
Be careful of your words, for your words become your deeds;
Be careful of your deeds, for your deeds become your habits;
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character;
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
Anon.

hippie_cyndi

I hope its not Emma and CP......she's rarely been seen with him for a year now.....and he's apparently looking for a new chick.......then again since she's a good friend of Madeleine......she might make it.....but she's so boring and lack any interesting career or lifestyle :shrug:

.....I like Daniel for being a self-made millionaire.....but for sure Victoria is more educated......accomplished and just down right future ruler-like than he is.....I wish her the best......and if its him.......then let's hope he'll be an amazing husband and supporter in her role.

ps. wasn't the king married in his 50s and Queen Sylvia @ 34.......which is unheard of @ their time?

Mary Rose

I certainly hope it is not Carl Philip.  Never much cared for that girlfriend of his.  Another lazy woman sitting on her butt while her man takes care of her. :nono:

bluesnowflake

sigh. Wish it was a good match, and a good wedding.
I love happy events like this!

Ladybee

QuoteI hope its not Emma and CP......she's rarely been seen with him for a year now.....and he's apparently looking for a new chick......

Really???
***frantically checks flights to Sweden**** :teehee:

hippie_cyndi

Ladybee

:laugh: I'll keep you informed!!!

I've always loved Carl Philip...we were born exactly one week apart...it's a sign we are destined to each other for sure! :ww:

More seriously, about that upcoming mystery wedding: I hope for Victoria's sake, that it's about her! At Prince Christian of Denmark's christening, she kept looking lovingly at the baby...she probably can't wait to have her own kids!!! :hug:

PrincessKLS

Is it still a rumor? Why don't we do a reading to see if she will get married this coming year?