Breaking News: Crown Princess Victoria Might Wed in 2008

Started by hippie_cyndi, October 20, 2007, 12:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippie_cyndi

:woo: From Expressen Paper:

QuoteIn a memo from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs' they are asking for extra resources as "preparedness for a wedding in the Royal House", followed by a list of things they would need extra money to cover (over time, press logistics, data support, extra staff etc). The memo was written earlier this week by the Ministry's Press and Information Unit but no price tag was put on the request as it's at this stage impossible to specify what the costs would be.

...royal house refused to comment....but it could be Maddie or Carl Philip.....even thou I doubt it.

Video

QuoteThe betting companies are positioning themselves; Expekt met the news by lowering their odds for people betting on the chances of a wedding next year while Ladbrokes have not yet made a move. The Director of the Information and Press Department at the Royal Court, Nina Eldh, has been hunted down by reporters from both Sweden and abroad all day long, her only comment (what time in a row one wonders) was:
- There are no wedding plans.

:lol:

Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

Margherita

If someone was getting married wouldn't an engagement have been announced by now?  :hmm:

Countessa

I think the consistent marrying of commoners, generation after generation rather than one here or there, will eventually end these monarchies. What will be special about them? Why would the people continue to support, with their millions of tax dollars, an average joe like Daniel Westling?

serene grace

It would be nice if they had a big ball where all the eligible Royals and nobels got together for a week of ,horseback riding boating, picnics, theatre going, dinners and danced the night away, to see if any of them hit it off. I would just like to see what would happen if they actually made an effort to actually meet and spend time with each other at their Estates. It would be fun to watch, maybe.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

Pri

They probably do have that, albeit not formally.  We'd never know about it, anyway.  Have you guys ever been set up by your parents, a friend or someone else?  It's almost always awkward and formal--not a very good way to start a relationship.  They meet each other at different places, common friend's house, at events.  You have to have chemistry and that can happen with anyone.  We're all the same.

This is exciting news! I can't wait for the wedding!!
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

serene grace

I too welcome a Royal Wedding and Victoria is such a wonderful example of youthful Royal and future Queen. She takes her duties seriously so any marriage would not be entered into without 100% readiness and confidence, I am 100% sure............but still, it would be nice if they actually made a effort to just get to know their cousins on a more personal, less formal basis, with a vacation  here and there at the Palaces in Norway,Sweden, Spain, England a trip to Monaco for a week to hang out and have fun, it would be nice to see if anyone actually hit it off.

"'Kate was going out with a bloke called Rupert Finch,' says a source. 'Soon afterwards, though, they split up and I remember William saying that he thought he might "have a go".'-TheGuardian-Observer: "Girl Interrupted"

hippie_cyndi

Victoria was tried 2 match up with Prince Nikolai of Greece....but they just did not hit it off....and he has obvious attraction for dim blonds as the rumor goes.....the problem is....what shall she do....remain unmarried....bc the pool of 'eligible Aristos' are getting smaller either by marrying others or obviously being closeted gay if not dead :shrug:

....I wish for her a better husband....but Daniel has shown himself 2 be a discreet....hardworking.....decent guy......and they've been together for 5 yrs....mostly due 2 her father refusal to consent to marriage until she was sure.....and Daniel hesitation 2 marry into a public role that would be witnessed for yrs by millions.

...Anyway.....I believe these government request for funds started last yr....and I do believe Victoria will marry DW.....and I wish her the best....she deserves it.
Thanx Crystalrayn :flowery:

serene grace

He seems like a fine young man and I think Victoria is responsible in her choice. I think there will be a wedding. I just wish the young Royals would hang out sometimes, it would be cool if, just to be cordial Pr. William and Pr. Harry had Charlotte of Monaco to tea to welcome her to London. Nothing romantic intended, but just to be friendly that's all.

Countessa

I don't think that Daniel is suitable for Victoria. Plus there were rumours that she was head over heels in love with Felipe of Spain but he wasn't interested and instead chose a bunch of tall, dim blondes to date, much like his cousin Nikolaus of Greece, before ending up with divorcee Letizia. Madeleine seems to be attracted to these posers. William is in manipulation imprisonment with Middleton, Haakon who I think very highly of marries the poster girl for scandalous pasts who hasn't even really wowed the people of Norway as Crown Princess. I do believe Charlotte has met Guilliaume of Luxembourg (apparently no sparks) but I'm not sure if she's met his younger brother Felix or Carl Phillip of Sweden. Of course Ernst, Jr. is her step-brother so she's obviously met him.

princessealiénor

Countessa

If Victoria and Felipe were madly in love with each other I have no doubt they would have been allowed to marry. Victoria probably would have had to give up the throne of Sweden and pass it to her brother as she would become the future queen consort of Spain.

And I find it a little amusing that when a royal wants to marry another royal/aristocrat that there is always something preventing it like one being catholic or a CP and CPss not being allowed to marry each other but yet royals are apparently allowed to marry golddigging lazy social climbers (KM), single mothers (MM), women who have or allegedly have appeared nude in music or sex videos (MM & Marie Cavillier), a woman whose father participated in the junta military dictatorship in Argentina where 30,000 people were murdered or "disappeared", divorcees (Letizia) and a man who produced tv shows showing ***s and drug use (Ari Behn, husband of Pss Martha Louise of Norway). ???

Is it just me or does something seem off here? :shrug:

serene grace

I agree Countessa. (I think one of the reasons was Victoria knew she would not want to give up her own Throne, plus Felipe seemed hellbent on rebelling against his parents, because almost every Aristocratic or Royal bride put in front of him was rejected. The one Aristocrat that he loved(I forget her name) the rumours were that his mother could not stand her,  and that relationship ended.) He then loved Eva Sanuum of Norway, a model, she had modeled in underwear at some point and his mother/father and the Nation was universally against it. The engagement to Eva Sanuum model, was not approved. He loved her but it ended, it was going no where, he could not marry her. Then he meets Letizia, a journalist, who had married her University professor at some point(the marriage was real, despite people saying "oh it didn't count", but it did) She was a divorcee, she was from tv or entertainment world, she was on Spains tv screens each night with the news broadcast. He knew she would have never gotten past the press (I think as a proper choice) so he hid her, no one knew they were dating, so he sprung her on the entire Nation after 6months of a hidden relationship as his Fiancee, future Queen.) He even threatened to give up the Throne(according to some press reports) if his parents did not approve his Engagement to Letizia the previously married, divorcee.) Some reports are that his father still is unhappy with his choice. He married her and now Letizia(the Taxicab driver's grandaughter is doing a good job, she will be Queen, if the recent crowd protestors don't gain a majority and try to end the Monarchy) but He was attracted to unsuitable women I think. That is just my opinion though.

I find it hilarious that whenever I bring up Princess Madeliene getting to know Pr. William,or Charlotte of Monaco, or even Aristocrat Isabelle Anstruther G, people immediatley find reasons why it won't work. It can work and it would be accepted if any of these  Aristocratic or Royal young women ever were in the running and they fell in love with one of the Princes. We have Marie Cavallier giving up Catholism to marry Pr. Joachim(although it wasn't forced, she decided to do it on her own)..why couldn't Charlotte do the same if William took a fancy to her or she to him. I think there is nothing wrong with Royals marrying Royals or Aristocrats. It would be a nice change to see a bride walk on the lawn or give an Official Engagement  interview who had a family steeped in Royal lineage and double-barrelled Aristocratic names. I see no reason why these new  young Princes can't suprise us all and marry other Royals or Aristocrats, it would be different from what we've seen in the past few years. Daniel Westling I'm sure is nice, but I don't think Monarch or Prince when I see him. Martha Louise's choice of Ari Behn, was a suprising, although they are doing fine now.

Countessa

Quote from: serene grace on October 21, 2007, 05:33:06 PM
The one Aristocrat that he loved(I forget her name) the rumours were that his mother could not stand her,  and that relationship ended.)
Her name was Isabel Satorius and she was 3 years older than Felipe. Queen Sophia, it was said, didn't approve of her because her parents were divorced. Imagine that.

Then there was Eva. I think Felipe tried to stand by her as long as possible but in addition to being photographed topless sunbathing (who does that anymore?) she showed up at the Haakon-MM wedding in a neon blue, low-cut, tacky dress that offended the conservatives of Spain. Felipe later said she just didn't understand the role (of being a Spanish Princess and future Queen of Spain). I personally think she saw it as a fairytale not hard work for a monarchy that is still somewhat fragile.

So he ended up with divorcee Letizia who I don't think has handled the pressure put on her very well as you can see by her extremely thin frame, much thinner than she's been in her entire life. She was never put through the wringer of pre-engagement publicity to determine if she could handle it.

Pri

I don't think so much that people find something wrong with William dating a aristo, rather it's whoever they fall in love with.  Why do or should they fall in love with a princess or a triple barreled socialite. Don't get me wrong..I think it's great if they do--it adds to the mystic of the Royal Houses, Royal weddings and all that goes with it. 

I know that they are people who are deemed unsuitable and people who aren't, but in some instances you can't blame people for the bad decisions of their parents (Maxima) or something that goes unproven (recent scandal with Marie).  Any hint of a scandal causes the royals to run away?  I think that was a fatal flaw that some Royal Houses and was fortunately let go. I think it destroyed some relationships that possibly should have lasted.
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

serene grace

True, I just wish from time to time that the Young Royals found themselves in the same surroundings with each other and got to know each other, just as they get to know other  girls. But we've seen neither Aristocratic or commoner marriagesn or for love alone or arrangements are a recipe for a lasting marriage.

Countessa

Yes, it would be nice to see at least one true royal wedding. Could you imagine a marriage between Felipe and Victoria who is more attractive than his current wife in her present state? Or Madeleine and William (maybe he would grow up a little if he was dating her). Or Charlotte and William or Harry or Felix...none of them are close cousins. I just can't see Daniel Westling or Kate Middleton or Chelsy Davy really.

Pri

Quote from: serene grace on October 21, 2007, 07:55:59 PM
True, I just wish from time to time that the Young Royals found themselves in the same surroundings with each other and got to know each other, just as they get to know other  girls. But we've seen neither Aristocratic or commoner marriagesn or for love alone or arrangements are a recipe for a lasting marriage.
I think they do find themselves in the same surroundings and I think they have common friends.  William and Madeline have met before. The age different between Felipe and Victoria is kinda big. I don't know if Charlotte's met the boys, but I do believe they have friends in common.  Who? I'm not sure. With Charlotte dating her boyfriend (name??) who based in London, I'm sure they have friends on common and had them before.  A lot of it has to do with, what they are around.  While they can be around other royals from other countries at events and the like.  Most of the time they are around their friends from their respective countries, living their life and trying to have a good time.  With that, they date who they are around, whether it's a common girl in their dorm, another girl who crossed paths in their travels or a guy they met in their hometown. It's getting a bit more fluid for them to meet someone like you or me.  I guess it's just  happening.

Countessa

The last time I heard, Madeleine had not ever met William
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2001/10/26/princessmadeleine/
QuoteMany royal watchers would be delighted to see the Swedish beauty...pair up with the equally striking Prince William, as she is only 11 days older than the future king. However, those hopeful for a royal match may be disappointed to discover that the two don't even know each other. "He seems nice," she says of the Prince. "I've never met him."

I don't think the age gap between Felipe and Victoria is that great (9 years) but she still once had a huge crush on him. Obviously he's married to someone else so it makes no difference now.

Pri

:hmm: I think it was reported they met when they were younger.  I'll see of if I can find the article. They were both pretty young.

Lila the Flirt

Quote from: serene grace on October 21, 2007, 05:33:06 PM
He even threatened to give up the Throne(according to some press reports) if his parents did not approve his Engagement to Letizia the previously married, divorcee.) Some reports are that his father still is unhappy with his choice.

Felipe would never do that. He knows his duty to his country. As to the King's feelings and the entire family's for that matter.. I have heard things but really cannot say. It doesn't matter now. He married her - what we feel no longer matters.

^Mad and William have never met but I could be wrong.

I don't see Victoria marrying Daniel but we'll see. Congratulations if it's true

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

serene grace

..... but rumours still persist that he threatened to do it. So perhaps where there is smoke there is fire, some part of it might be true. Letizia was a divorcee, maybe some resistance was going on when he presented the idea of marrying a divorcee to the King and Queen. Still everything has worked out for them now.

Countessa

Madeleine stated very clearly in the 2001 Hello magazine article that "I've never met him" when they asked her if she had met PW.

Victoria has made it clear that she has no plans to marry anytime soon but she is 30 years old. When does she think it would be a good time to marry? Or maybe she hasn't found the one she wants to marry which is why she is always saying she's not marrying even though she's been with Daniel for five years.

PrincessKLS

Which royal house would announce an royal engagement in Sweden?

Cassidy

Catherinite #0007                                :kisskiss: Flirt-ite #0002
[