A Princess Under Pressure

Started by Josephine, September 10, 2006, 05:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agentblueberry

do you have it in english i don't think that the majority of us can understand german or whatever it is! :flowers: :hug: :Royal:
Chelsyite # 0022  Harryite # 0084  Dianaite #007  Stunningite # 002 Cheese-ite # 0013 Willite # 0076 Daniel-ite #002

Josephine

Sorry, the article is written in German.  Here are some translation engines you can use:

www.freetranslation.com/

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=German&to=English

Michele

I'm not sure that this is accurate.
I think people expect far more of Mary than her other European counterparts.
She does an enormous amount of charitable work that goes unnoticed here.
I'm sure there is more to Mary than fashion.

Jenee

If the translation that I read translated properly, it says: Also from a marriage crisis already is the speech. Their parents are it in this heavy time shortly also no more support. After they had assisted their daughter the first year in their maternity, they will move at the beginning of of 2007 from Denmark to France. Then is Mary completely alone...

Who is moving exactly? Mary's parents?? I thought they still lived in Australia?
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Josephine

No, Mary's parents are currently living in Denmark and there have been several articles written stating that they will be moving to France in 2007.

Michele

Mary's father and stepmother live for part of the year in Denmark.
Mary's father is a lecturer at Copehagen University and her stepmother is an author.

Jenee

Oh ok! Thanks... why are they moving to France?

blue eyes

Josephine

Quote from: Jenee on September 10, 2006, 06:21:04 AM
Oh ok! Thanks... why are they moving to France?

If I remember correctly, it was something to do with their retirement; but I can't be 100% certain.

Jenee

One would think that they'd want to live closer to their grandchild(ren)!!

blue eyes

why not just move to Denmark  :shrug:

Jenee

Don't they already live there?

Quote from: Josephine on September 10, 2006, 06:19:10 AM
No, Mary's parents are currently living in Denmark and there have been several articles written stating that they will be moving to France in 2007.

blue eyes

Jenee

who is they??

it's late.. i'm confused :hmm:

blue eyes

you were just here, how can you be late  :lmao:

I was talking about her parents (if they are moving to be closer to the family then live in Denmark, not move to  :french:
it is the wrong direction  :laugh:

Jenee

I said "ITS late, not I'M late" :P I think you are the one that is confused!!!!!

I just said "you'd think they would want to be closer to their grandchild"

that doesn't mean that is actually WHY they are moving ;) :thumbsup:

Go to bed bluey :P

blue eyes

dizzylizzy13

Maybe we could ask Harryhannoi to translate ... looks like he or she (sorry, don't know) lives in Hannover?

QB

Both marys father and stepmother have lecturings jobs at Danish universitys. I heard the move had something to do with them reaching retirment age, but Mary's stepmother Susan moody said something in her interview about finding the Danish people rude and that learning Danish was 'depressing'  :rolleyes:
Why is you pickin on me? Is it cuz I is   ginger, aiii? –Arri G

dizzylizzy13

The Danes are ruder than the French? 
I wonder how accurate this is, because when i lived in Germany we went to Denmark often and the Danish people i met all wanted to show off how well they could speak English -- it was very hard to practice my Ami-Danish or German with anybody ...

Wombat

Quote from: QB on September 11, 2006, 11:59:14 PM
but Mary's stepmother Susan moody said something in her interview about finding the Danish people rude and that learning Danish was 'depressing'  :rolleyes:
Wel she's a rude biatch isn't she? <_<

QB

maybe. i never liked her anyway, wether she was 'misquoted' or not  :shrug:

QB

Quote from: dizzylizzy on September 16, 2006, 05:13:46 AM
The Danes are ruder than the French? 
I wonder how accurate this is, because when i lived in Germany we went to Denmark often and the Danish people i met all wanted to show off how well they could speak English -- it was very hard to practice my Ami-Danish or German with anybody ...
Don't know. Unfortunately I've never been to Denmark or France!  :( However, from what my parents said, the country French were some of the nicest people they met on their European travels. Apparently the cities have some very rude people. Maybe they speak French very well? in which case, you wont really have too many problems. the French are notorious for refusing to speak English with tourists and pretending not to understand you unless you at least try and speak a little French. Also, I heard they don't like the British and Americans, something to do with the war? and so it's suggested you always let them know you are Australian and Kiwi, as that is apparently less of a sin...and they usually can't tell any of us apart from our accents!

dizzylizzy13

That's good and sneaky, QB.
When I  last went to France (and this was PRE Iraq when they didn't hate us quite so much) my German husband suggested I should speak in German first, that way they'd be friendlier ...(I found country French are nicer than Parisians, but I think all city people are usually just ruder and more of in a hurry) ... I tried this bizarre little experiment and sure enough, as long as I started out with, "Sprechen Sie Deutsch?" they WERE friendlier.
Hadn't thought of the Aussie thing, and maybe Irish works, too?