Main Menu

Baby's name

Started by LMG, October 30, 2005, 06:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMG

I'm sorry I feared I might I have miss something : does the Danish prince ahs a name yet ? Or does the public still not know ?

TB

I don't believe so. I think it will be officially announced at his christening.  

I Pirates

Bess

Ya, nothing official yet.  But most bets are on Christian.  :)  

TB

I still don't like that they have only two names to choose from. :(

I Pirates

Iris

No, I don't like that either. But hey, both Mary and Frederik are very modern-minded people in my opinion and times are changing in Denmark as well. I mean look at the new law! Even if their first born would be a girl she now would have been the future monarch instead of a younger brother! So who knows....traditions can be broken. ^_^

*thinking positively* *crossing fingers* *thinking positively*

Lila the Flirt

I hope so. It is modern times. :D  

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Tiger Lily

why don't they announce the name until the christening? when will the christening be?
I'm not perfect, but I'm pretty good
-Maya Angelou

"You jumped, of course," explained Canby. "That's the way most everyone gets here. It's really quite simple: every time you decide something without having a good reason, you jump to Conclusions whether you like it or not. It's such an easy trip to

QB

I love tradition and hate change, so I hope they call him Christian. It would seem disrespectful and almost callous if they didn't.
Anyway, I believe the Danish tradition is not to announce the name of an unbaptised baby so that they devil can't hear it, so they are more protected until they have been baptised.
Why is you pickin on me? Is it cuz I is   ginger, aiii? –Arri G

butterfly49

Lola

QuoteI still don't like that they have only two names to choose from. :(
i think i have missed something. why do they only have two names to choose from? and what are they? :unsure:  
"I am as happy as a fat mouse in a cheese factory!"

lovisa

QuoteI still don't like that they have only two names to choose from. :(
i think i have missed something. why do they only have two names to choose from? and what are they? :unsure:
Because of the tradition, Since Christian II, who died in 1559, Danish kings have alternately carried the name Christian or Frederik.

Maryite #0007

wills

okay...question...what's crown prince frederik's full name? does it have a christian in it too?
THE BEST REVENGE? Smile. Be happy. Never let them know it hurt.

Iris

Quoteokay...question...what's crown prince frederik's full name? does it have a christian in it too?
Frederik's full name : Frederik André Henrik Christian, Prince of Denmark

so yes, there's Christian in it.