Prince and Princess of Wales Official Social Media

Started by Macrobug67, May 05, 2021, 07:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 06, 2022, 10:01:44 PM
It intertwines, there is a constitutional monarchy in place.

Independence means a republic, a president, a new monetary system, a new absolutely everything.

I know. All those questions were debated at length in the Australian referendum.
However, the results you posted were people answering questions from a pollster by phone, a quite quick and casual procedure (I know because I?ve been a recipient in several) not actually going to the polling booth after ruminating on a serious question for some months about what is being proposed.

wannable

I have faith all these people know where they live and what government system they have.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on November 06, 2022, 09:52:59 PM
While William won't have the same opportunity to spend nine weeks learning Welsh like his father, he can make use of modern technology to assist him in learning one of the world's more challenging languages. Starting with some greetings and phrases is the usual way to begin for anyone attempting a new language instead of pesky verb conjugation.

Time to use Duolingo and even get the kids involved.! They have a version for Welsh.  Duolingo  He could even practice it with Charles.

It is indeed supposedly one of the more challenging languages. I think Charles forgot most of his Welsh quite quickly after his University days. He was left with one or two sentences of greeting in the end. Don?t know whether he?s continued it since.

I do think it?s a question if you are multilingual of the old expression ?Use it or lose it!? The best way is always to mix with native speakers very regularly. Of course that?s not always possible, but Anglesey would have been a fantastic place to begin.

TLLK

I would guess that Charles has retained some conversational phrases and greetings that would be appreciated when on a visit to Wales, but probably can't remember how to conjugate verbs with the correct pronouns.  Unless he's been practicing with staff member who is a native speaker, I doubt that he's come in contact with many who use the language on a daily basis. 

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 06, 2022, 10:09:12 PM
I have faith all these people know where they live and what government system they have.

Like I have repeatedly said in my past posts, the Welsh are a proud people but they know there is no way they could survive economically without England, unfortunately. The population is small.  The north of Wales is nearer geographically with good transport links  to Birkenhead, the Wirral and Liverpool than it is to Cardiff.

Typical perhaps of English measures taken in the past like sinking Welsh villages to make a dam to supply Liverpool with water. Not to mention the British Coal Board?s response to the tragedy of Aberfan.

wannable

TLLK

TLLK

The PoW is going to be wearing his Welsh bucket hat for today's USA vs Wales match.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1594753147452657664

QuoteAr ?l cyrraedd Cwpan y Byd #FIFAWorldCup am y tro cyntaf ers 1958, mae'n rhaid gwylio g?m gyntaf @Cymru
mewn steil. Diolch am yr het, @ElinCeredigion
! W

QuoteReplying to
@KensingtonRoyal

@Cymru
and
@ElinCeredigion
After reaching the #FIFAWorldCup for the first time since 1958, it?s only right to watch the first @Cymru
game in style. Thanks for the bucket hat @ElinCeredigion
!

wannable

As it should be, the last time Wales ''qualified'' for a world cup was 1958

64 years ago, Charles was made the Prince of Wales (1958), but was invested 1969, 11 years later.

The Welsh should see this luck and good omen.  :yesss: :hehe:

TLLK

William will need to wear his England  jersey as they play the USA on Friday.

wannable

The Prince and Princess of Wales
@KensingtonRoyal

Getting ready to welcome our #TogetherAtChristmas guests, celebrating those who have gone above and beyond in their communities and paying tribute to Her Late Majesty The Queen

TLLK

There's a photo of a charming little Paddington bear themed Christmas tree in their post.

wannable

https://twitter.com/i/status/1603426751132188677

Westminster Abbey
@wabbey

HRH The Princess of Wales arrives at Westminster Abbey for tonight?s carol service.

#RoyalCarols
#TogetherAtChristmas

TLLK

You can find out about some of the guests who have served their community in the Prince and Princess of Wales Twitter.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1605603999494787077?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Quote#TogetherAtChristmas is all about shining a light on people doing selfless and often life-changing things in their communities.

It was a pleasure to welcome so many to Westminster Abbey last week, and we wanted to tell you a few of their stories in this thread

wannable

@KensingtonRoyal

So thrilled to be back at Westminster Abbey for our second #TogetherAtChristmas carol service. This year?s service is dedicated to Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and to all those who are sadly no longer with us.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1606054387918307328

FanDianaFancy

Princess of Wales tells how her special carol service was a tribute to the Queen | Daily Mail Online

Lovely lady.wonderful speech. Great cause giving to causes/ charities.
C, P of W has come a long from her years 10-11 years ago.

TLLK

I like how their social media has been highlighting those who have been serving their community.

wannable

@KensingtonRoyal

The #TogetherAtChristmas Carol Service is a celebration of the people and organisations that make our communities what they are! Join us to watch this evening as we pay tribute to them and Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

📺
@ITV

⏰ 7PM

^It will be free to watch at their official youtube channel.

wannable

@KensingtonRoyal

We have been horrified to see the harrowing images coming out of Turkey and Syria in the aftermath of the earthquakes this week. Our thoughts are with the communities affected and we are pleased to support the
@decappeal campaign which will aid the response on the ground. W & C

^
DEC
@decappeal
The Disasters Emergency Committee brings together 15 leading UK aid charities, raising funds to quickly and effectively respond to overseas disasters.

DEC
@decappeal

Devastating earthquakes have hit Turkey and Syria, killing and injuring thousands of people.
Survivors urgently need rescue, medical aid, shelter, blankets and food.
Today the DEC is launching the #TurkeySyriaAppeal.

Donate now to help save lives:
Home | Disasters Emergency Committee

Reading today's news, apparently there are 11,000 deaths.

TLLK

Today is Mothering Sunday in the United Kingdom.  :flower3: The Wales' instagram account has a new photo of Catherine with her children.

The Prince and Princess of Wales on Instagram: "Happy Mother?s Day from our family to yours ?? ? @mattporteous"

QuoteVerified
Happy Mother?s Day from our family to yours

Macrobug67

:hearts:    That just reminded me to send a note to my British SIL.   

Wonderful photo.

TLLK

I am pretty sure that photo was taken during the summer when they released their last family photo.

wannable

@KensingtonRoyal

Noted the rotary crews did the heavy lifting! perfect flying conditions if you ask me! 😉 A big thank you to everyone for making today happen. W

Quote Tweet
Royal Air Force
@RoyalAirForce

The Royal Air Force was incredibly proud to participate in His Majesty The King's #Coronation Procession alongside the @RoyalNavy, @BritishArmy and Commonwealth Forces.

wannable