The Crown Estate, Sovereign's Grant, Duchy of Lancaster News

Started by Curryong, September 24, 2020, 02:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightowl

Wish there were *names* to these insiders as that would prove truth to the article, yet just another media smare to bring drama and trouble to the royal family and Charles has enough decency that he would never  *steal or rob* from the dead........those that believe this silly junk is on them, not Charles that is for sure.

wannable

It is partially rather than fully based on the very lengthy agreement 1300 hundreds. If anyone is interested I have the pdf 1000 plus historical document.

The yearly financial reports are public.

The crown treasury is also public but not convenient to be mentioned by the guardian. The hit piece is for those who are ignorant to the duchies and the crown estate revenues

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 25, 2023, 12:22:36 AM
It is partially rather than fully based on the very lengthy agreement 1300 hundreds. If anyone is interested I have the pdf 1000 plus historical document.

The yearly financial reports are public.

The crown treasury is also public but not convenient to be mentioned by the guardian. The hit piece is for those who are ignorant to the duchies and the crown estate revenues

The fact that the records are public and the Duchy of L goes back to the 1300s (something I knew already) does not make that grab for the assets of the dead at all admirable or praiseworthy. The assets were set up originally early in Elizabeth II?s reign in the 1950s to go to the late Queen?s charities (in earlier reigns they went to other things) but the facts are that for at least 15 years this money has been proven to be siphoned off for other purposes.

Revealed: King Charles secretly profiting from the assets of dead citizens | King Charles III | The Guardian

Curryong

?It is understood proceedings from the goods are donated to charities once costs are deducted, however this is not said to be the case in the King's instance.

An analysis by The Guardian found the Duchy was using funds to finance the renovation of properties that are rented out for profit.

A 2020 policy gave officials at the King?s estate a licence to use bona vacantia funds that may result in an ?incidental? benefit to the the King?s personal income.

Properties identified as eligible for funding included town houses, holiday lets, rural cottages, agricultural buildings, a former petrol station and barns.?

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on November 25, 2023, 12:14:09 AM
Wish there were *names* to these insiders as that would prove truth to the article, yet just another media smare to bring drama and trouble to the royal family and Charles has enough decency that he would never  *steal or rob* from the dead........those that believe this silly junk is on them, not Charles that is for sure.

The Guardian is a British broadsheet newspaper. It is certainly not a tabloid. It was founded in 1821 as the pioneering Manchester Guardian and remained so for over 130 years until it changed its title and became The Guardian. It is taken seriously as a newspaper and its journalists aren?t in the habit of making things up or asserting things for which they can be sued for libel. Britain has strict libel laws. That does not mean however that journalists are not allowed to protect their sources.

Nightowl

And just because of that, it still does not mean anything at all unless there is solid PROOF which is evidence to prove that the article is real, Names please regardless of how old a newspaper is or their reputation.

I still do not think Charles with all that is going on with the monarchy has time to steal and rob dead people, Charles stricks me as a decent human being.

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on November 25, 2023, 05:32:21 AM
And just because of that, it still does not mean anything at all unless there is solid PROOF which is evidence to prove that the article is real, Names please regardless of how old a newspaper is or their reputation.

I still do not think Charles with all that is going on with the monarchy has time to steal and rob dead people, Charles stricks me as a decent human being.

Charles does NOT administer the Duchy of Lancaster?s finances on his own. No monarch has ever done so, even in medieval times. He has teams of people working on the Duchy?s behalf. These teams would be taking these assets as the teams under Queen Elizabeth II did and many of those still remain for King Charles III. You don?t seriously believe that Charles or his mother administer (ed) the Duchies on their own, do you? However, neither ever made any attempt to remove this age old clause, and what is done by these Duchy administrators is done in their name.

Curryong

From the Encyclopaedia Britannica.

The Guardian, influential daily newspaper published in London, generally considered one of the United Kingdom?s leading newspapers.

Category: History & Society
Formerly (1821?1959):  The Manchester Guardian
See all related content →
The paper was founded in Manchester in 1821 as the weekly Manchester Guardian but became a daily after the British government lifted its Stamp Tax on newspapers in 1855. ?Manchester? was dropped from the name in 1959 to reflect the newspaper?s standing as a national daily with a positive international reputation, and its editor and editorial staff moved to London in 1964.

The Guardian has historically been praised for its investigative journalism, its dispassionate discussion of issues, its literary and artistic coverage and criticism, and its foreign correspondence. The Guardian?s editorial stance is considered less conservative than that of The Daily Telegraph and The Times, its main London competitors, but its reporting is also marked by its independence. The paper was once called ?Britain?s non-conformist conscience.?

I?ll look forward then, according to your stance, to these journalists being sued by the Duchy for libel, lol! The Sun, Express, Mail, the tabloids that you appear to believe so wholeheartedly when it comes to the Sussexes, have been sued for lies and mis truths thousands of times. British Broadsheets very very rarely.

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on November 25, 2023, 05:43:23 AM
Charles does NOT administer the Duchy of Lancaster?s finances on his own. No monarch has ever done so, even in medieval times. He has teams of people working on the Duchy?s behalf. These teams would be taking these assets as the teams under Queen Elizabeth II did and many of those still remain for King Charles III. You don?t seriously believe that Charles or his mother administer (ed) the Duchies on their own, do you? However, neither ever made any attempt to remove this age old clause, and what is done by these Duchy administrators is done in their name.

Of course Charles does not handle the checkbook, heck he does not even have a phone, lucky guy for not having a phone, that I admire yet he has someone at his beck and call to handle his life the way he wants it, same went for HM and others in those positions.  I am just saying why would the media out out that  he robs dead people, that is beyond evil and a way to stir up trouble, well the Guardian is a republican newspaper, so of course they would print lies to make trouble for those that believe those headlines. 

Oh for your info, I do NOT believe any news print or internet headlines, if it does not come from BP or the King or PW themselves, those I would believe, everyone else is in the toilet filled with poo as far as I am concerned. I learned that a very long time ago in something personal printed in a newspaper that affected many people deeply thinking our loved ones had died, including myself  and it was all LIES.....learned that lesson about the media real damn quick.

Curryong

King?s estate to transfer ?100m into ethical funds after bona vacantia revelations | King Charles III | The Guardian,an%20investigation%20by%20the%20Guardian.

It has been announced that the Duchy of Lancaster is to transfer 100 million pounds into ethical funds after The Guardian?s bona vacantia revelations of the last 48 hours.

wannable

The latest article of The Guardian is outright lying (simply because the DOL has a 'policy' meaning a blueprint of what and where unclaimed moneys/assets can be used - they are all ''ethical'')

The bona vacantia of the Duchy of Lancaster has a strict policy, where those unclaimed moneys go to 3 charities; Benevolent Trust, Housing Trust, Jubilee Trust or else improvement of the environment of the estate. It does not go into Charles 'privy purse'. The three charities have supported local community initiatives, social housing and historic restoration across the DOL's estates.

The BBC has challenged The Guardian with the DOL's finanancial yearly report.

wannable

Quote from: Curryong on November 25, 2023, 04:30:09 AM
The fact that the records are public and the Duchy of L goes back to the 1300s (something I knew already) does not make that grab for the assets of the dead at all admirable or praiseworthy. The assets were set up originally early in Elizabeth II?s reign in the 1950s to go to the late Queen?s charities (in earlier reigns they went to other things) but the facts are that for at least 15 years this money has been proven to be siphoned off for other purposes.

Revealed: King Charles secretly profiting from the assets of dead citizens | King Charles III | The Guardian

There is no law against ''investing'' moneys ''legally'' wherever ''anyone'' wants to invest in the UK.

The grabbing of money and assets from the dead with no surviving family members is a practice worldwide. The difference is 100 % doesn't go to the government in turn.

wannable

Quote from: wannable on November 25, 2023, 11:45:50 AM
The latest article of The Guardian is outright lying (simply because the DOL has a 'policy' meaning a blueprint of what and where unclaimed moneys/assets can be used - they are all ''ethical'')

The bona vacantia of the Duchy of Lancaster has a strict policy, where those unclaimed moneys go to 3 charities; Benevolent Trust, Housing Trust, Jubilee Trust or else improvement of the environment of the estate. It does not go into Charles 'privy purse'. The three charities have supported local community initiatives, social housing and historic restoration across the DOL's estates.

The BBC has challenged The Guardian with the DOL's finanancial yearly report.

The challenging article of the BBC is basically what I am stating here. Not everyone would know this, only a minority of dedicated royal watchers.

Note: I like to post and comment these challenges for the improvement of knowledge.  So after stating this, a financial yearly report beats a news - in this instance The Guardian filled with inaccuracies.

ETA: Now, IF and only IF the Guardian are 'angry' that unclaimed money is ''invested'' to make more money and then that money is later ethically used.  The only definition here is selfish ultra leftist seeking for any excuse to make a hit piece against a very well known man who has dedicated his life more than sufficiently to ''charity'' causes. In quotes because the DOL policy is so strict I'd say the Guardian author is a mad man.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 25, 2023, 11:58:34 AM
There is no law against ''investing'' moneys ''legally'' wherever ''anyone'' wants to invest in the UK.

The grabbing of money and assets from the dead with no surviving family members is a practice worldwide. The difference is 100 % doesn't go to the government in turn.

Governments doing this is very very different from an unelected monarch, and William as POW with Duchy of Cornwall money, using this money in such ?creative ways?.

From the horse?s mouth, a Lancashire report.

King Charles' private stream grows as money from dead residents used for profit - Mirror Online And the Mirror reports.

King Charles' Lancashire cash cow keeps growing as royals absorb dead residents' estates - LancsLive

And the Express reports  King Charles's estate to transfer ?100m after 'collecting money from the dead' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

?King Charles?s estate has announced? (on Friday)? that it is transferring more than ?100million into ethical investment funds after significant backlash when it was revealed his estate was "collecting money from the dead".

The announcement came following an investigation that found a significant portion of the Duchy of Lancaster's funds came from people who died in north-west England with no will or next of kin.?

What a massive coincidence! The Duchy is transferring funds into ethical investments one day after it found out the Guardian were going to announce what they had found from accessing internal documents!

wannable

The DOL received - according to this year's duchy accounts, unclaimed dead GBP 3.8m.

^The article you are posting is claiming the entire yearly profit unrelated to the dead - GBP 86 Million. The articles should post financial numbers separating the revenues, if they don't - then the article is untruthful. For example out of the 86 million - Charles uses for the privy purse between 21 to 24 million, the rest is reinvested into the DOL or the community. My above number IS a fact taken from the financial report and reported by the BBC in their challenge to The Guardian and any other replicates that are stating the origin.

In reference to other governments, yes they do take moneys from unclaimed dead and unclaimed 10 year bank accounts. I suggest if you do not like the form of government - UK Constitutional monarchy -write a letter to parliament. Maybe they can discuss and fix new laws with the Duchies.  Steep hill, but you never know.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 25, 2023, 04:50:47 PM
The DOL received - according to this year's duchy accounts, unclaimed dead GBP 3.8m.

^The article you are posting is claiming the entire yearly profit unrelated to the dead - GBP 86 Million. The articles should post financial numbers separating the revenues, if they don't - then the article is untruthful. For example out of the 86 million - Charles uses for the privy purse between 21 to 24 million, the rest is reinvested into the DOL or the community. My above number IS a fact taken from the financial report and reported by the BBC in their challenge to The Guardian and any other replicates that are stating the origin.

In reference to other governments, yes they do take moneys from unclaimed dead and unclaimed 10 year bank accounts. I suggest if you do not like the form of government - UK Constitutional monarchy -write a letter to parliament. Maybe they can discuss and fix new laws with the Duchies.  Steep hill, but you never know.

I don?t live in Lancashire or the UK so it doesn?t affect me. If I were occupying Duchy properties however I would do so. Although unlike yourself I live in a Commonwealth country that has Charles as HOS unfortunately. though that is likely to change. So I, as a Commonwealth citizen, have a perfect right to comment when I read about Charles?s negative actions and there have been plenty over the decades.

And I repeat?
What a massive coincidence! The Duchy is transferring funds into ethical investments one day after it found out the Guardian were going to announce what they had found from accessing internal documents!

However, I repeat again. This is now changing and due to the Guardian.

wannable

As I noted previously, I do like to challenge when I see a fishy situation/article.  :laugh:

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on November 25, 2023, 05:10:44 PM
As I noted previously, I do like to challenge when I see a fishy situation/article.  :laugh:

Yes, and a decade ago when I read about what the Duchies did with dead people?s assets and properties and land  I smelled a situation that stank to high heaven of unelected and unearned privilege. And I?ve been mad about it ever since, for about eleven years. You talk of fishy, this was a leaking sewage situation.

And now because they?ve been exposed and found out and had bad PR, the money is being transferred. ?Ethical? ? The Duchies and the Royals who get millions from them for their private purses etc wouldn?t know an ethical action if they fell over it.

PrincessOfPeace

Isn't this pretty common in most countries. When you die without a will or next of kin, the estate goes to the government. Maybe I'm wrong.

wannable

^ It is, the bank doesn't stay with the moneys, it goes to treasury to every country in the world. Different story if you trust or not the government in turn.

In the UK, treasury splits the money equally between England, Scotland and Wales with the same scheme as the DOL. Charities and ethical industries, each one decides where the money goes.

^^Curryong A decade ago there was no law (policy) for the government or the duchies (the Queen invested it in offshore accounts, the Panama papers), the dormant assets law was just created 2022. Basically unclaimed moneys scheme is they decide where the money goes with the disclaimer community charities and ethical industry. 

Nightowl

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on November 25, 2023, 06:14:46 PM
Isn't this pretty common in most countries. When you die without a will or next of kin, the estate goes to the government. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, here in the US if a person dies and there is no heir to inherit the estate it goes to the government.  That happened a lady I knew who had no one left in her family.

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on November 25, 2023, 06:14:46 PM

It happens in my state as well as others in the USA.

wannable

I hope this brings curiosity to what each of you find out what your state or federal government does with it.

Some countries do not have any law to use it for community charities or ethical organizatons. Nothing wrong, governments use those moneys where Ministerial budget has been exhausted and need the moneys. It's the citizens to find out if those moneys are being corrupted, why was the financial budget exhausted and need to stick their hand in a unclaimed fund?  It is what I said in previous comment - 'different story if you trust or not the government in turn.

The UK last year, as I said, created a new act. The Dormant Asset Law, both the UK government and the DOL are just recently practicing it because the creaton was 2022, being 2023 a new fiscal year. The act is very specific with community charities and ethical investments. My personal opinion on ethical investments is it's a cult - I've seen companies signing up in such schemes and to me it's akin to cancel culture. If you don't enter, your cancelled. 🤭 and then some of these companies that sign in are bandwagon fishy.  :happy15:   An easy check out is once upon a time Harry invested in a so called ethical bank, see their client list and y'all will understand, the good the bad and the plain ugly mix of their so called ethical clients.

wannable

Most Commonwealth countries send the moneys to their commonwealth fund - hope the money is growing (for real), the government in turn can use it with no limitatons, meaning there is no specific law but approval of use from their parliament vote. i.e. a Prime Minister can appropriate moneys for 'legal fees':unsure:

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on November 26, 2023, 01:14:13 AM

It happens in my state as well as others in the USA.

Yes, I know. However, again, the government does not consist of unelected persons. Governments are elected and are responsible ultimately through Parliament to the people who elect them. And that includes the Treasury.

However, the people of Lancashire and elsewhere who live on Duchy properties  are (usually) British citizens who are entitled to vote. They never voted in Charles, just as the people who occupy Duchy of Cornwall properties have never voted for William.

These two royals are automatically Duke of Lancaster and Duke of Cornwall. And with those centuries old unelected positions comes  untold wealth and power, including scooping up the assets of dead people who didn?t leave a will, among other things. And believe me, there were many other cases of Charles as landlord in Duchy of Cornwall properties who acted against his tenants? interest (live people)  and that was reported on by the media.