HOW MUCH IS HARRY WORTH?

Started by kasper, July 14, 2003, 07:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasper

Taken from the Sunday Express article on July 13, 2003.

Harry Windsor is reportedly worth GBP 24 million.  Making him wealthier than his older brother, Prince William--a "consolation for not inheriting the throne."

His money came from three trust funds.  One was set up by the Queen Mother, another by Prince Charles, and the third is by Princess Diana herself.  But unlike William who was able to recieve some of the money when he turned 21 (the rest would be given to him when he turns 25 and 40), Harry cannot touch any of his fortune until he turns 30.

foxy lady rocks!

wow!  go harry.  but i dont understand how harry is worth more than william. he's older, so would have more saved, and the stuff from when he was 21 and stuff. and he's dont more stuff than harry hasn't he?

black_widow

it is stupid that he canno touch that money untill 30, they dono have to give him all that money but with 21 he can decide what to do with some part of the money????   :unsure:   :unsure:   :unsure:   :unsure:   :unsure:   :unsure:   :unsure:   :unsure:  

Liv Jones

yeah..im not understanding how he has more than william!

black_widow

:unsure:   :huh:   when will becomes a king he will get much more money than harry so i think that his family wanted to be sure that he has safe future & enough money (???) and that he dono have to beg will to give him money i think that is why he have more money than will!!  :huh:   :huh:   :huh:   :unsure:   :unsure:   :unsure:   :unsure:   :unsure:   :unsure:   :D  

kasper

Exactly!

That and I don't think Harry will have as much "income" when he becomes Duke of York as when Wills become King.

pixie

As soon as Will become Prince of Wales he'll get the 10m a year his father currently draws from the duchy of cornwall, so I wouldn't worry too much about him hurting for money.

It makes sense to give Harry a little more money than Wills.  I mean, I'm sure William will still be a good brother and pay off Harry's gambling debts or whatever, but it's nice to give Har a bit to take care of himself.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

kasper

QuoteI'm sure William will still be a good brother and pay off Harry's gambling debts or whatever
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/font]

Liv Jones

harry does come off as a gambler doesnt he  :P  

Lila the Flirt

Haha.. I agree, it's weird that he can't touch the money til he turns 30. I got mine at 18, why shouldn't he?  :lol:  

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Liv Jones

QuoteHaha.. I agree, it's weird that he can't touch the money til he turns 30. I got mine at 18, why shouldn't he?  :lol:
its probably some royal family rule or something...not sure :huh:

liv

pixie

It's not that unusual.  The way my trust is worked out I get money at 25, 30 and 35, with more money coming each time.  Mine's been worked out that way so I'll have a few years when I'm living on my own where I'll need to work, which is to encourage me to get a real career and not just be a bum who lives off family money.  Also, if I make reckless idiotic decisions at 25 (which they're hoping will be less likely than at 18 or 21, but still a possibility) I won't have blown all my money.

My guess would be that the RF is trying to encourage the princes to do the same and offering them the same assurance by setting it up that way.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

KKirb88

Quoteharry does come off as a gambler doesnt he  :P
A Hot Gambler!! :wub:
Daddy Thinks I'm "Inside the Box".

Liv Jones

Quoteharry does come off as a gambler doesnt he  :P
A Hot Gambler!! :wub:
yes..yes he is

foxy lady rocks!

rorflmao!  lol.  he doesnt seem a gambler to me, but if he was, im sure he'll make a very fine fit one!