The Prince and Princess of Wales Official Orders and Medals

Started by wannable, April 29, 2019, 04:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess Cassandra

It will certainly be nice to see her wearing it. I hope she has a splendid dress for the June American dinner. She once wore a very appealing dress which we could only glimpse through some flowers and a candelabra, so am hoping for some decent shots. We have discussed that the Duchess of Sussex most likely will not be there, since she has an excuse and doesn't like Donald Trump. That is too bad, as I'm sure she will look fab by then, will be able to leave the baby for a bit, and everyone is so anxious to see her. Oh well, Trooping is nigh.

wannable

I can't wait to see all the splendid long dresses, tiara's, jewelry.  Out of the 3 state dinner banquets; the most themed one was with the China visit, she wore a red dress.  She was sat beside the China President as C&C did not attend. 

The other 2 state dinner banquets; the pink lace and style looked very Spanish (Spain visit) and the light blue one (Aruba flag, an Island belonging to the Netherlands).

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on May 20, 2019, 04:41:52 PM
I can't wait to see all the splendid long dresses, tiara's, jewelry.  Out of the 3 state dinner banquets; the most themed one was with the China visit, she wore a red dress.  She was sat beside the China President as C&C did not attend. 

The other 2 state dinner banquets; the pink lace and style looked very Spanish (Spain visit) and the light blue one (Aruba flag, an Island belonging to the Netherlands).
It must have been the pink lace. It had a daring look as I recall.  I think they usually have something new for these visits, so  perhaps we'll never see it again. 

wannable

The formalities was carried out yesterday, after the BP Garden Party.

CC Tuesday:
The Duchess of Cambridge was received by The Queen when Her Majesty invested her with the Insignia of a Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order.

Double post auto-merged: May 22, 2019, 12:54:28 PM

TLLK

@wannable-Since the Duchess had not been invested before the annual service, this explains her absence at it for 2019.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on May 22, 2019, 04:34:53 PM
@wannable-Since the Duchess had not been invested before the annual service, this explains her absence at it for 2019.
I thought it very strange at the time that she was not present...and you are right.

wannable

I believe the private service is every 4 years and was transferred because of size from the Queen's Chapel of the Savoy to St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle. 

wannable

Kate will be wearing her Royal Victorian Order in 2 occasions this coming 3rd and 11th of December; NATO Reception (if white tie) and the Diplomatic Reception.

When will she receive/collect the Sash (ribbon) family order? During The Queen's time or Charles time?

TLLK

Catherine's Royal Family Order -The RFO from QEII's reign-currently worn by the following ladies in the BRF: Princess Alexandra, Duchess of Kent, Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Royal, Duchess of Cornwall and Duchess of Cambridge.  What Is a Royal Family Order? - Kate Middleton Wears Royal Family Order from the Queen.
There is speculation that Catherine's is made of glass and not the traditional ivory.

TLLK

Prince William's Official orders include the following:

QuotePrince William is the 1,000th member of the register of the Order of the Garter,[280] and was officially invested by the Queen on 16 June 2008 at a service at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.[281] The last time a monarch appointed a grandchild into the Order of the Garter was in 1894, when Queen Victoria invested Alfred, Hereditary Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

23 April 2008: Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter (KG)[282]
    25 May 2012: Extra Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle