Thomas, Samantha and Tom Jr Markle Family Chat Part 2

Started by Curryong, August 03, 2019, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

She was going to the media and complaining about her sister while Meghan and Harry were dating. Tom apparently was close to Sam and she advised him to go to the media. She was getting paid to do interviews and he got money for it too.

oak_and_cedar

They should be happy with their new income and leave H&M alone for a while. He's not going to be seeing his grand child if he keeps up like this. He needs to give it time.

Curryong

Both Thomas and Samantha have made money off Meghan since her marriage to Harry, Samantha quite a lot of money, apparently. And Thomas has gone to the tabloids and online media sites and spilled what he said to Harry on phone calls, what his daughter wrote to him and his replies etc. why do this if you want a relationship with your daughter and son in law? Family relationships are sometimes very complex, very difficult. And the Markles are obviously a quarrelsome clan.

There has been absolutely no information spilt about relationships within this family other than what has been disclosed by Thomas Snr, Thomas Jnr and Samantha. And it has mostly been disclosed for money. That's a fact!

If family relationships mean so much to Tom Markle snr perhaps he should start with reuniting with the only son he's been estranged from for years. And he has five other grandchildren besides Archie. He's never met two of them and the other three he hasn't seen for years.

It seems to me that the Royal connection with one grandchild is the one that matters to Tom. If he met Archie a couple of times he could then talk to the British tabloids (and anyone else who wants to pay) all about it for years to come. He and his two older children don't know how to shut up! 

oak_and_cedar

Having blabbing relatives suck! It's even worse when it's your own father. Him not seeing his other grandchildren says it all really.

Curryong

As for paying for Meghan's university years, who knows, Thomas may have helped to pay. However, it's remarkable that all these receipts for the NW fees etc that he and Samantha say he has tucked away have never seen the light.

You would have thought that if it was a point of honour to him that he had paid for all of it, then he would have produced the proof of this before now. And Samantha said she would show them in the book she was going to write (and the TRUTH would be told, showing Meghan to be a liar)  which was to be published in two parts in April and August. No book has yet appeared.

amabel

I'd say it would be surprising if he still had all the receipts.  He has clearly had to move and downsize.. and probably got rid of things like that.  It didn't mean that he didn't pay or help to pay for Meg's education.

Curryong

Quote from: amabel on September 02, 2019, 07:02:38 AM
I'd say it would be surprising if he still had all the receipts.  He has clearly had to move and downsize.. and probably got rid of things like that.  It didn't mean that he didn't pay or help to pay for Meg's education.

Perhaps so, and he probably did help to pay for part of Meghan's education. However, he and Samantha have consistently stated in this debate that he 'has the receipts to prove it!' These receipts or indeed any documentation showing that he paid anything has never been produced. Samantha has stated that she would 'prove it' in her book. Same thing. No book, no receipts.

amabel

so? He sent her to private school, so I think if he had the money he problaby also helped with her college expenses.  He may not be the worlds' greatest dad but I think when he was in funds, he was reasonably generous with his money. Just because he has probably lost or thrown out the receipts.. does not mean that he did nto have them.

Curryong

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on September 02, 2019, 09:21:46 AM
Why keep saying he can produce them then?
Probably if push comes to shove, (not that it is all that likely that Meghan will demand he proves it).. he reckons he can prove that he paid toward her tuition or expenses.  Probalby there are college records

sandy

What would be the point of his producing receipts to get something on his daughter. THis makes no sense to me since he at the time agreed to pay the bills. It is true that she had some scholarships and worked during her University years. It seems to me rather a cheap thing for him to do. After a parent agrees to foot the bills produces them years later as evidence like he is on trial or it is a Government investigation.. I don't get the point of it. Except perhaps for him to earn more money from the media.

Double post auto-merged: September 02, 2019, 12:33:30 PM

Quote from: amabel on September 02, 2019, 07:54:29 AM
so? He sent her to private school, so I think if he had the money he problaby also helped with her college expenses.  He may not be the worlds' greatest dad but I think when he was in funds, he was reasonably generous with his money. Just because he has probably lost or thrown out the receipts.. does not mean that he did nto have them.

Why does he have to produce receipts?  He agreed to pay for the University with supposedly lottery money. Many many parents send their children to private school, when she was in high school she could hardly pay the tuition herself being a minor.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 02, 2019, 12:31:09 PM
What would be the point of his producing receipts. THis makes no sense to me since he at the time agreed to pay the bills. It is true that she had some scholarships and worked during her University years. It seems to me rather a cheap thing for him to do. After a parent agrees to foot the bills produces them years later as evidence like he is on trial or it is a Government investigation.. I don't get the point of it. Except perhaps for him to earn more money from the media.
the point would be, that Meghan gave the impression that she paid for all her college life.. herself.  If he helped out, then she should in fairness give him the credit for what he did...

sandy

It is true that she supported her self with work during University and apparently had some scholarship.  He had won some lottery money apparently for her University Money but she still needed to supplement this apparently. But his going to the media to "get something" on Meghan and getting paid for it I think is really a bit over the top. He needs to back off from the media.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 02, 2019, 12:37:46 PM
It is true that she supported her self with work during University and apparently had some scholarship.  He had won some lottery money apparently for her University Money but she still needed to supplement this apparently. But his going to the media to "get something" on Meghan and getting paid for it I think is really a bit over the top. He needs to back off from the media.
I don't think he wil any more than her sister and brother will.  And if the man paid for her private school, he was being a good father and if he continued to help her at University.. he was still trying to help her.  So even if she's not on the best of terms with him, she could give him credit for what he did.

sandy

She was his daughter, parents are obligated to help their children and pay tuitions as they grew  up. And many parents save up to get their children to private school. If he loves her he would keep away from the media and get money from them.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 02, 2019, 12:44:13 PM
She was his daughter, parents are obligated to help their children and pay tuitions as they grew  up. And many parents save up to get their children to private school. If he loves her he would keep away from the media and get money from them.
No they're not.  There are public schools and he could have let her go to one.  He could have left her pay her onw way in College as he seems ot have had money problems by then. And I presume you mean he should NOT get money from the meida.. but according to the Mail he was not paid for his latest interview.

sandy

Parents feel obligated to get their children the best education they can. Parents do save up for private school for their children and it is not exactly unheard of for parents to do it.  Supposedly he won the lottery and he had money to spend then.

Selling out his daughter for money by complaining to her to the media and getting paid for it to me is loathsome. He could get a job and earn money without doing this. People manage to earn a living without getting paid by the media to complain about a famous child. He clearly has gotten paid, Piers Morgan said he has gotten money.

amabel

He wasn't paid for his latest interview,.  He is an elderly man in poor health.  How is he supposed to "get a job and earn money"?

wannable

It's a never ending soap opera the Sussex's will have to live by.  Today the Sun and DM have an update, MM's friends say she will never ever let her father meet or be in contact with Harry, Meghan and Archie.

The payments will always be a doubt if Thomas or the NWU do not produce the receipts, bank statements, anything that can give that issue an end.

sandy

The usual "friends say" by the DM an Sun. No names of course and MEghan never made any public statements about her father. I think Thomas should back off and maybe down the road they can all reconcile.

Quote from: amabel on September 02, 2019, 01:20:34 PM
He wasn't paid for his latest interview,.  He is an elderly man in poor health.  How is he supposed to "get a job and earn money"?

How on earth is it known he was not paid. He could have amassed quite a lot of money by now. Piers said he was paid. Well look for a job that would bring in money instead of making money off disparaging his daughter would be an answer. He does have experience in TV work.

Double post auto-merged: September 02, 2019, 03:06:29 PM

Quote from: amabel on September 02, 2019, 01:20:34 PM

By looking for a job, he has tv experience. He has the energy to trot to TV studios and confess all to Piers Morgan. He has enough energy for that and keep on going to the media about his daughter.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on September 02, 2019, 03:03:51 PM
The usual "friends say" by the DM an Sun. No names of course and MEghan never made any public statements about her father. I think Thomas should back off and maybe down the road they can all reconcile.

How on earth is it known he was not paid. He could have amassed quite a lot of money by now. Piers said he was paid. Well look for a job that would bring in money instead of making money off disparaging his daughter would be an answer. He does have experience in TV work.

Double post auto-merged: September 02, 2019, 03:06:29 PM

By looking for a job, he has tv experience. He has the energy to trot to TV studios and confess all to Piers Morgan. He has enough energy for that and keep on going to the media about his daughter.
Well let me just say it again He is an elderly man with heart problems.  He si not likely to get another job.. He was a lighting director.. I should not think that tehre are many such jobs in Mexcio even if he weren't in poor health
As for his being paid, have you read the interview?  It states clearly that he did not ask for money and was not paid.

[mod]This tone is not necessary! We do not talk to each other this way at RIF. Make your point and move on. Agree to disagree![/mod]

Double post auto-merged: September 02, 2019, 03:10:42 PM

Quote from: wannable on September 02, 2019, 01:24:23 PM
It's a never ending soap opera the Sussex's will have to live by.  Today the Sun and DM have an update, MM's friends say she will never ever let her father meet or be in contact with Harry, Meghan and Archie.

The payments will always be a doubt if Thomas or the NWU do not produce the receipts, bank statements, anything that can give that issue an end.
Probalby she wont..

sandy

So then it's OK for him to make money by complaining about his daughter?

He supposedly got residuals from his TV work, did he squander the moneY? Or does he owe money to the IRS.

His health condition is unknown. Apparently he does not listen to doctors since he eats junk food. Piers said he was paid. Is Piers lying?

The issue can end when Tom can stay away from the press. What would happen to Meghan if he "finds" the recepts. WIll it become an Inquisition or something? Nothing can be done to her. What is the point

TLLK

Quote from: amabel on September 02, 2019, 12:34:03 PM
the point would be, that Meghan gave the impression that she paid for all her college life.. herself.  If he helped out, then she should in fairness give him the credit for what he did...
Meghan wanted to participate in sorority life which probably required some help from her father. I don't know if Doria was able to assist her financially as she was working on her own degree I believe.

Curryong

^^^ And the same should be true of Thomas. We don't know who paid for what during Meghan's time at NorthWestern. However, if she paid at least some of her university expenses herself then Thomas shouldn't go around asserting in the media that it was he who paid for it all.

And while he may not have been paid for this last interview he has certainly been paid for others and for photographs. Hardly the actions of a father deeply concerned about his daughter and her husband and son. Thomas is in poor health. That might well be the result of life choices, or is that Meghan's fault as well?

sandy

Thomas is also setting up the click bait comments that revile his own daughter. Does he realize that as a supposedly "loving" father he is throwing his daughter (and by extension his own grandson) to the wolves.