The Wales' Children Christenings-All years

Started by sara8150, July 25, 2013, 08:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Clover

A major social event. I can't wait! :happy20:

memememe

How much we see will depend on whether William intends on sticking to BRF traditions of private christenings with a few photos and maybe 20 seconds of video released or make it a public event. I suspect the former as he guards his privacy. The rumours I have read so far are quiet, family baptism with godparents and family and very, very close friends and not the public shows done on the continent.

Lothwen

^I agree. But I do think that the BRF needs to learn to have a little give and take with the press. If they would allow the press a little more access when they are doing official duties, the press might leave them alone more.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

memememe

The press are free to cover official duties as much or as little as they like.

It is private events that the BRF want to keep private and frankly they should be allowed some private time - the show outside the hospital in the lead up to George's birth was unseemly and frankly a very good reason why they should think about giving birth at home next time.

We saw the wedding, we see them out at social events and we see them on official duties - we do not need to see everything and a few private events, in their lives, is fine.

If you think about it - the only major events in William's life not in the public sphere are his actual birth, his baptism and his proposal to Kate. Everything else was covered by the press - his coming home from hospital, his starts at schools - each of them, his leaving school, his gap year, his start at uni, his graduation from uni, his start in the army, graduating from Sandhurst, graduating with his wings, his wedding, etc etc. Three private events in his life - and that is about all he can expect - three private major events in his lifetime and he will only remember one of them. Even parents' days at school had press coverage - who can remember the outcry when it was announced that he had asked his parents to stay away from one such day as the press intrusion spoilt the day for the other parents so he invited Tiggy instead?

Photos will definitely be released and even possibly a short video but to have the entire ceremony is unreasonable.

georgiana996

Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you higher.

memememe

That's the replica.  Everyone since James has had the replica.

Limabeany

I don't think it is necessary to share the Christening with the public but I don't think it is unreasonable. They don't have a few private events, actually, they have a few public events, work aside, for those that work. Their birthday/anniversary and such celebrations are all private. There are nine months in a pregnancy, how many different days of those nine months x 30 (average) were Kate or William photographed, not many. It is not like they don't have private time.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

memememe

I was making the point about the lack of MAJOR events in William's life that have been private - his birth, baptism and proposal.  Even his 21st meant press coverage of the party at Windsor Castle - at least of the guests arriving and the guy who gate-crashed it.

Major events in a person's life to me are:

birth, baptism, starting pre-school, starting day school, starting boarding school, starting high school, confirmation, graduating high school, gap year, starting uni, graduating uni, 21st/18th birthday, starting military training, graduating military training, starting work, proposing to girl, announcing engagement, wedding, birth of first child etc.

How many of these were days that William didn't have the press around?  3 of them - birth, baptism and proposing to Kate.  Every other MAJOR event in his life has been covered by the press, along with a lot of less major events.

Limabeany

Some of those are not private events even for private citizens unless they occur in the moon. There is press for his major events, he is the future King, his subjects do wish to share in those events.
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

memememe

Quote from: LIMABEANY on August 06, 2013, 10:06:31 AM
Some of those are not private events even for private citizens unless they occur in the moon. There is press for his major events, he is the future King, his subjects do wish to share in those events.

I have done every one of the things I listed as Major events in the life of William and except for my family and those sharing the experience there was no one else there - no press, no outsiders etc. 

William is entitled to have at least a few experiences like that as well - a private major event, such as the baptism of his first child.

Why the public insist on perving on every part of their lives I will never know - I think the BRF have got it right for instance with the wedding - show the wedding and the balcony and then have the reception in private without the prying eyes of the world as the Scandinavians have - but then the Scandinavians don't have the world looking on do they? Only royal fans, and ex-pats, would be interested as most people don't even know they exist.

Limabeany

I agree, but I don't find the interest in major events as unreasonable as you do

memememe

I think they are just ordinary people in extraordinary positions and to allow them one or two major events in their entire lives to be private ones isn't unreasonable - one or two in a lifetime of major milestone events out of what 80+ years of living in the public eye where the press are there almost all the time to report every move as soon as they set foot outside the door I don't think is too much to let them have:

baptisms and proposals - that is about it - everything else is in the public domain so I don't think it is unreasonable that the parents are able to have that one event with their children as a private one.

sara8150

Mostly Royals house wanted show pictures include weddings,engagements,birth of child,baptism,etc they have rightsful in private lifes of monarchy,CP couples,Duke&Duchess,Prince&Princess,Earl&Countess or any types of titles of royals who relates of royals family they can publish pictures in magazines..

im sure Prince William have rightsful of his private lifes since his birth to adult he told interview when he was in gap years he can protect his lifes but he never throw his own lifes!

Press can taking pictures of new brand Prince of Cambridges since he was born and wait till baptism annoucement date will be but will taking pictures include Royals family and Middletons plus George also but palace chosen good pictures to publish magazines on cover in UK,USA and world magazines agency also..i cant wait Kate get back shed her weight after baby finger cross..

PaulaB

Most of the important dates that royal family have are done in public.  Why can't they have some privacy for at least  the baby years?

Windsor

QuoteTheir Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are pleased to announce the christening of Prince George will take place on Wednesday, 23rd October at The Chapel Royal, St James's Palace.

Prince George will be christened by The Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Reverend Justin Welby.

Windsor

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have announced details of their son's christening.

Prince George will be christened on Wednesday 23 October at the Chapel Royal in St James's Palace.

The Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Reverend Justin Welby, will perform the christening.

The prince, who was born on 22 July at St Mary's Hospital in London, is third in line to the throne held by his great-grandmother.

Earlier, Kensington Palace announced that a new coat of arms had been chosen to represent the duke and duchess as a married couple.

BBC News - Prince George christening date announced

cinrit

All is moving right along. :)  I hope we get a four generations photo soon.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

dianab

Dickie Arbiter ‏@RoyalDickie 34 min
Diana Princess of Wales reposed in the Chapel Royal until the eve of her funeral, maybe William feels the spirit of his mother lingers there

sara8150

Prince William and Kate Middleton announce date for Prince George's christening
Kate Middleton and Prince William announce Prince George's christening date: service takes place on 23 October - hellomagazine.com

Prince George's Christening Date Set
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20739775,00.html

Prince George's Christening Set for Late October at The Chapel Royal in St. James's Palace
Prince George's Christening: New Details Released on Date, Location - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: September 27, 2013, 05:24:38 PM

Quote from: missbliss on September 27, 2013, 04:44:33 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Prince George will be christened by Archbishop of Canterbury at chapel ceremony next month | Mail Online

I wonder when we hear about godparents?

i havent annoucement godparents wait till unveil would be?!? but the couple chosen siblings Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton sister of Kate since their wedding two years ago and i havent know who will be godparents would be but its clue kept private underwraps but Wills and Kate have asked their childhood friends or another friends but no guess games on godparents till christening

Drottning

I am looking forward to the occasion already  :) though it is disappointing that the ceremony will not be shown on television. Whenever a Royal baptism is televised in Sweden and in most of the other European Monarchies, it is usually very popular. But of course, these things are personal and if the British Royal family have a tradition of privacy at these occasions, then their wishes should be respected. I am glad that the Prince will be baptised in a Royal chapel, though, and not in the music room of Buckingham palace. This has always struck me as an odd choice of venue.....does any one know where this particular tradition comes from?

sara8150

Quote from: Drottning on September 27, 2013, 05:31:34 PM
I am looking forward to the occasion already  :) though it is disappointing that the ceremony will not be shown on television. Whenever a Royal baptism is televised in Sweden and in most of the other European Monarchies, it is usually very popular. But of course, these things are personal and if the British Royal family have a tradition of privacy at these occasions, then their wishes should be respected. I am glad that the Prince will be baptised in a Royal chapel, though, and not in the music room of Buckingham palace. This has always struck me as an odd choice of venue.....does any one know where this particular tradition comes from?

Wills and Kate wanted kept quite private ceremony because they chosen not wanted televised USA,UK and countries because the couples chosen wanted have small ceremony family and friends says 60 guests not HUGE guests i have respect Wills and Kate's wishes decide and pictures will publish next day if the couple have permit to televised or NOT! we have wait and see

Double post auto-merged: September 27, 2013, 05:50:51 PM

Prince George To Be Christened On October 23
Prince George To Be Christened On October 23

Prince George to be christened at St James' Palace next month
Prince George to be christened at St James' Palace next month - Mirror Online