William-Mental Health & Bullying Patronages & Charities

Started by TLLK, October 14, 2015, 10:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

The Duke of Cambridge to Launch The Heads Up Weekends | Royal Life Magazine

QuoteTo launch the Heads Up Weekends, and ahead of Time to Talk Day the following day, the Duke will join players and managers from the men?s and women?s game at a table football tournament held at Paddington?s Heist Bank, along with football fans from across the country who have supported mental health projects within their communities. His Royal Highness will also learn more about the ongoing work taking place across football around mental health, and clubs? plans for the Heads Up Weekends, before delivering some short remarks.

Heads Up is a season-long campaign spearheaded by the Duke of Cambridge which uses the influence and popularity of football to show the nation that mental health is just as important as physical health. It supports the important work which is already taking place across the UK to end the stigma surrounding mental health, and strives to raise awareness, spark conversation and signpost to support.

Video from the tournament today.

Twitter

QuotePrince William is launching his @heads_together
#HeadsUp weekends in London today by playing table football with @CPFC
star @andros_townsend
and @wwfcofficial
striker @daRealAkinfenwa
aka ?The Beast? and @frankirby
of @ChelseaFC

sandy

More sports related "fun" events. Will can watch the games.

PrincessOfPeace

Using the Premier League, one of the biggest and most watched leagues in the world to promote mental health is a no brainer.

It?s a shame some people are so jaded. At least William isn?t on a permanent hiatus in Canada.

wannable

^ 650 Million watch the Premier League worldwide versus 100 million the NFL Superbowl.

William will not only watch the games, @TLLK has linked and quoted he will be in table talks and meetings related to his HeadsUp

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteThe #HeadsUp Weekends will see every game played in every league this weekend and next dedicated to the campaign in a bid to #KickOffAConversation on mental health.

Twitter

QuoteKensington Palace
@KensingtonRoyal
It?s a win for The Duke?s team at the #HeadsUp Table Football Tournament, as football comes together to kick off the biggest ever conversation on mental health

The Firm has long supported the UK's various sporting leagues, its Olympic teams and the organizations dedicated to recreational activities in the UK.  :thumbsup:
In the past it's been more of a focus on how sport and recreation promote physical well  being and now it is being also including mental/emotional health as well.

PrincessOfPeace

John McGinn sat down with the Duke of Cambridge ahead of Villa's clash with Tottenham on Super Sunday, as part of football's mental health campaign #HeadsUp

Twitter

Heads Up campaign: The Duke of Cambridge talks Heads Up with John McGinn | Football News | Sky Sports

TLLK

Quote"We built a little bit of a platform with Head Together a few years ago where we tried to chip away at the stigma and taboo of mental health. One of the last bastions of maleness that seemed to be quite difficult to reach was the football community.

"We felt that there was an awful lot of opportunity here with football - 16-odd million people around the country follow football - and I thought we could use the power of the sport and really elevate mental health to another level and allow people to have that conversation and understand that it's OK to talk and it's OK not to be OK.

"Those sorts of conversations have started, culminating in the FA Cup final being renamed, effectively, the Heads Up FA Cup. I think that's going to be quite a nice thing to hang the campaign on for the year.

wannable

I hope the Heads Up (and Heads Together) is a long term project until the stigma of speaking about it with family, friends and seeking professional help, the figures/percentages go down. 

It's quite sad when public figures commit suicide, the latest a very well known presenter in the UK who was going through a very terrible time in her career (sacked) and personal life (evidence of battery towards her then partner), Caroline Flack RIP.   It should also be an eye opener for thousands of people who are in a hard place.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on February 16, 2020, 03:56:22 PM
I hope the Heads Up (and Heads Together) is a long term project until the stigma of speaking about it with family, friends and seeking professional help, the figures/percentages go down. 

It's quite sad when public figures commit suicide, the latest a very well known presenter in the UK who was going through a very terrible time in her career (sacked) and personal life (evidence of battery towards her then partner), Caroline Flack RIP.   It should also be an eye opener for thousands of people who are in a hard place.
I agree 100%. There is one of those on-line news sites who have posted an article "Stars we lost in 2019". It included athletes as well....I was so saddened to see the number of suicides. I think the young royals couldn't have chosen a more timely and appropriate cause.

wannable

They can do so much as promote MH, the government can make laws and invest in public social services too with stricter media laws i.e. Caroline Flack's (social media and all outlets trolling), I understand and heard it is a very complex issue, halted discussions because it has to be equal for all genders.  The blaming to the media (from mostly feminists and a few men) whilst there is sufficient proof CF battered her partner, IF a law passes, then men too who carry out domestic violence and allegedly are suffering from Mental Health will be required with the hashtag and law #BeKind.  IMO, the law won't pass. 

And yet kudos to those who are promoting Mental Health conversation.

PrincessOfPeace

The BBC has announced it will air a series of programmes for May?s Mental Health Awareness Week, which will include a film led by Prince William.

Currently titled ?Tackling Mental Health With the Duke of Cambridge?, the film sees the 37- year-old third-in-line to the throne focus on ?men?s mental health through the prism of football.?

The documentary following the Duke for over the course of a year.

As well as meeting with fans, players and managers, Prince William will talk candidly with former England goalkeeper Joe Hart and Chelsea manager Frank Lampard ?as part of his efforts to start the biggest ever conversation on mental health, through football.?

More: Prince William fronts documentary to lead new BBC mental health season | London Evening Standard

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

Join HRH The Duke of Cambridge as he aims to break the stigma around men's mental health.

#FootballPrinceWilliamAndOurMentalHealth | BBC One | Thursday 28th May, 8.05pm

Video: Twitter

Princess Cassandra

wannable

It's the UK's national sport, so the audience W has to talk about Men's MH (and Suicide) is very wide.

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke of Cambridge will urge people who are concerned about their mental health or that of others to reach out and start a conversation, in a contribution to this Sunday?s Church of England national online service, marking the end of Mental Health Awareness Week.

More: Duke of Cambridge joins CofE?s online service to mark end of Mental Health Awareness Week | The Church of England

wannable

He is daily meeting with so many different organizations, keeping up with the CC's of the working royal and investigating who and what they did.  I'm glad he is also touching the COE, and sad the COScotland seminar had to be cancelled.

PrincessOfPeace

* The Christian teachings of faith, hope, and love could not be more appropriate as we all try to navigate our way through these uncertain times. *

Thank you Prince William for this powerful message, and for being with us online yesterday.

- The Archbishop of Canterbury

Twitter

wannable

I like the professionalism of the COE, the use of a sign language person in the zoom video whilst each person gave their opinions.  The above video promoted by the COE is Prince William.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on May 26, 2020, 02:30:53 PM
I like the professionalism of the COE, the use of a sign language person in the zoom video whilst each person gave their opinions.  The above video promoted by the COE is Prince William.
I agree, Princess of Peace. I must admit I got a little emotional listening to the DofC's speech; he is so committed to the cause, which is a great one and very important to us all, yet historically not always addressed as it should be.

wannable

I saw part of the video, especially William's interventions, he is so fluid with the topic of mental health, one can immediately tell that he is soaked with knowledge at this point.  I dare say Kate is too, since she started a couple of years ago meeting with scientists and experts.

4/5 is great, nevertheless I was so impressed I'd have rated it 4.5/5

PrincessOfPeace

The Duke of Cambridge, President of the FA, meets players and fans from grassroots to the elite of the game and openly discusses their mental health challenges.

Football, Prince William and Our Mental Health - YouTube

PrincessOfPeace

We are delighted to announce today that as a legacy of the Heads Up campaign, the football family has come together to sign the Mentally Healthy Football declaration, committing to building a mentally healthy culture at all levels of the game, now and for future generations.

Mentally Healthy Football Declaration | The Duke of Cambridge's #HeadsUp Legacy - YouTube

Mentally Healthy Football | Heads Together