Current and Former British Royal Staff members Part 2

Started by Curryong, October 19, 2021, 04:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Angela Kelly, the late Queen?s dresser for decades and her friend, has been forced to vacate her grace and favour home on the Windsor estate. Her work phone was also cut off after her employer?s death, apparently. King Charles not a fan, then?

Queen's former right-hand woman Angela Kelly heads out of Windsor home | Daily Mail Online

I think Ms Kelly was an arrogant woman who threw her weight around and was, from all I?ve read, not greatly liked by other members of the Queen?s family and the staff. Nevertheless, what happened to her was a bit of a kick in the posterior after years of loyal service to the sovereign.

wannable

King Charles purchased a home in Yorkshire for her, close to her family. When she dies, the home will revert to the Crown estates.

TLLK

Glad that the King has ensured that she will have a home near relatives for the rest of her life. As @Curryong pointed out, she might not have been popular with all of the staff but she was QEII's closest confidante.

wannable

I agree with Curryong, In my opinion AK47 HAS a mean streak, like to me she seems to be calculatedly looking for fight or with the intention to create a negative for a few hours or days mysterious havoc.  Comes out technically 'clean' because she's a strickler for rules, so harshly done....and you know what.

My opinion is based on her Instagram tied to the obvious (I can't blame the media nor the tabloids) news. Her latest tweets are not straightforward, they are half done, the half done mystery will make ANY media think she's angry mixed with sad, after her 15 minutes of fame, she ends up writing that she is happy to 'finally have her own beautiful home'.  I mean I can't blame BP either for telling Rebecca English that King Charles is fullfilling his mother's wish with a brand new home.  By chance near her family, by chance I hear rumors that a gorgeous cottage close to a top Yorkshire landmark!

Curryong

Angela told some people she was going to a home in the Peak District, others to a house in a Leeds suburb. These two places are not near each other, and she seems to be emanating this aura of resentment about something at the moment. I don?t blame her. If it?s Leeds she?s going too, with apologies to the citizens of that city, it?s hardly surprising she would prefer Windsor.

wannable

No idea, but the dead give away is that after she dies the brand new cottage wherever it is will revert automatically to the ''crown estates''. So it is a crown estate investment, which is not rare.

TLLK

Major Johnny Thompson :wub:

Major Jonathan Thompson: The handsome equerry who took centre stage at the King's coronation | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe King's handsome kilt-clad equerry who first won over admirers at the Queen's funeral has left hearts racing again after he proudly stood by Charles' side during the Coronation.

Major Jonathan Thompson, of the 5th Battalion Royal Regiment of Scotland, was front and centre yesterday as he stood between Charles and the Pages of Honour during the historic ceremony.

The Army officer, 39, known to friends as 'Johnny' but dubbed on TikTok as 'Major Eye Candy', was once the Queen?s most senior bodyguard but now serves His Majesty and has been seen constantly at his side.

But outside of his royal duties, Maj Thompson, from Northumberland, is a father-of-one and loving husband to his marketing manager wife Caroline.

He and Caroline, 44, have been happily married since 2010 and welcomed their son in 2018. The couple also has two black Labradors called Odin and Piper ? a nod to Maj Thompson's military time in Scotland.

wannable

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail

After 19 years of service Sir Edward Young, Queen Elizabeth's long-standing private secretary,  is leaving BP today after staying on as Joint Principal Private Secretary to the King. In  recognition Sir Edward has been granted a peerage and appointed a Lord in Waiting.

TLLK

I'm not surprised that Sir Edward Young has opted to retire after nearly two decades of service.

wannable

Who is Lee Thompson?

Lee Thompson
Communications Secretary to The Prince and Princess of Wales
University of Leeds
United Kingdom

^ A very experienced man, he used to work for NBC Universal as a Vice President

fawbert

Lieutenant-Colonel George Roberts-Alston-West, CVO, who has died aged 85, was a senior member of the Royal Household in the 1980s

Peerage News: Lieutenant-Colonel George Arthur Alston-Roberts-West, CVO, DL 1937-2023
Fawbert

TLLK

Nightowl

No doubt about it, he is one very handsome man with a sparkle in his eyes when he smiles.....hope this does not affect his job with all the attention he gets.

wannable

Nightowl

I thought that he and Catherine had servants to take care of their homes and personal items like clothes, shoes, boots etc.  Seeing how busy Charles is all the time so that did not surprise he had valests over time, so this is new for William?  You mean maybe there will be some color besides *blue* in his life........I like a man in a soft pink shirt any day of the week................  :laugh10:

TLLK

Quote from: Nightowl on September 25, 2023, 11:55:34 PM
I thought that he and Catherine had servants to take care of their homes and personal items like clothes, shoes, boots etc.  Seeing how busy Charles is all the time so that did not surprise he had valests over time, so this is new for William?  You mean maybe there will be some color besides *blue* in his life........I like a man in a soft pink shirt any day of the week................  :laugh10:

William and Harry used to have one of Charles' staff members come by to assist them with their more expensive clothing (white and black tie, morning suits, and their uniforms) but their allowances didn't provide them with the funding to have a valet on a regular basis. Now that William is the Prince of Wales/Duke of Cornwall, he has the funding to hire someone to care for his own clothing.

wannable

Quote from: Nightowl on September 25, 2023, 11:55:34 PM

Catherine has Natasha Jackson, nee Archer - married to Chris Jackson, royal photographer for Getty Images.

I think William's decision to finally have a valet is due, POW duties are way more far superior than Duke duties. Seconded by his popularity in the UK, but also as the saying goes whatever happens in the USA good bad or ugly it affects worldwide.  As Bloomberg said in his introduction speech at the Earthshot Prize summit at NYC

''The prince has clearly won over Americans of all stripes. These days, as we know, that is no small feat," In fact, the poll (GALOP) also showed the prince is viewed positively by 60% of democrats and 60% of republicans. America has not seen that kind of bipartisan consensus since 1776. But this time we're all drinking to the King's health.''

His clothing and appearance - we can woke call it as stylist does help a lot. Just like Charles forever with his clothing and appearance.

I'd love to dream on  :hehe: that we will see William at Scotland next year wearing a kilt. Please!

Curryong

William hasn?t worn a kilt since he was a child, and imo he?s not likely to start as a 40 year old. Maybe an occasional official occasion in Scotland when he is King in another quarter of a century or so. If the monarchy lasts that long of course and if Scotland remains as part of the UK.

Nightowl

Wouldn't the people of GB have to have a say in getting rid of the monarchy first, then Parliament would be the next step?  I don't think the monarchy will be  abolished as that is the very history of the beginning of England way back before even Alfred the Great.  It is the country's heritage, history in all things that make England so great/wonderful/ and a nice place to visit.  Just what would we all do here if there was no monarchy or royal family in GB?   That is the first  country that I want to visit again someday as then Scotland, then Paris, then Egypt.

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on September 27, 2023, 02:26:05 AM
Wouldn't the people of GB have to have a say in getting rid of the monarchy first, then Parliament would be the next step?  I don't think the monarchy will be  abolished as that is the very history of the beginning of England way back before even Alfred the Great.  It is the country's heritage, history in all things that make England so great/wonderful/ and a nice place to visit.  Just what would we all do here if there was no monarchy or royal family in GB?   That is the first  country that I want to visit again someday as then Scotland, then Paris, then Egypt.

Bar a revolution it would be the other way around. There would be days of debate in Parliament, then a bill would be drawn up to declare a referendum would be held in England and Wales (and Scotland and NI if they are still part of the UK. at a certain date. That would be the point at which the will of the people would be known. If a referendum were to pass, then an Act of Parliament would be put in place declaring a republic. At all stages of this process the monarch would be obliged to sign the bill into law.

The monarchy encompasses a whole lot more than the country?s history and tradition. As a Constitutional monarch the sovereign is obliged to follow Parliament?s wishes.

And none of these things exist just for foreign tourists to gawk at and say ?How quaint? and ?How old!?. Britain isnt a tourist park for the benefit of foreign visitors. If the British population doesn?t want the monarchy any more (and more are more young Britons are disinterested) then it will cease to exist. And if it comes to that, plenty of tourists visit republics like France, Italy and Germany to see their ancient buildings.

PrincessOfPeace

The King's handsome equerry Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Thompson has been moved to a 'less public-facing role' after he reportedly did not enjoy the public attention he had been receiving. -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13115601/King-Charles-hot-equerry-Jonathan-Thompson-new-role.html