The Wales' Children Nannies

Started by marine2109, September 12, 2013, 01:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteA new nanny is reporting for royal duty! Kate Middleton and Prince William have chosen Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo to help them with their son, Prince George, a palace rep reveals to Us Weekly.
More: Prince George's Nanny Named: Kate Middleton, Prince William Delighted - Us Weekly

QuoteMaria Teresa Turrion Borrallo trained at respected Norland College and will travel with Prince George to New Zealand and Australia
More: Prince George's new Royal nanny named - Telegraph

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteMs Borrallo trained at the prestigious Norland College which has been producing childminders for the rich and famous since 1892.

The institution's students are known for their distinctive uniforms and are schooled in all aspects of looking after youngsters during their three-year degree course.

Ms Turrion Borrallo is from Spain and started working for the Cambridges a few weeks ago.

Norland College is top notch

TLLK

Hope that Ms Turrion Borrallo enjoys her time with George. However a little part of me is sad to think that Norland college now has to provide anti-kidnapping training and stunt driving to its curriculum.  :( Don't get me wrong, I do believe that everyone should have some self-defense training, but this is to protect their charges from potential kidnappers and overzealous paps!!!!

SophieChloe

So now it's confirmed...full-time nanny is in situ.  Let the work begin  :yesss:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Limabeany

Your high hopes are almost contagious, sophiechloe.  :hug: :happy15:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

PrincessOfPeace

Not only does Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo have excellent qualifications, she comes from a wealthy and proper family.

QuoteLike generations of royal babies before him, Prince George will be raised with the help of a Norland nanny, Kensington Palace announced on Thursday.

But far from being a uniformed Mary Poppins with a cut glass accent, the woman chosen by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge is a ponytailed Spaniard in jumper and slacks.

Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo, who is in her 30s, was chosen by the royal couple from a shortlist of candidates put forward by Norland College, all of whom were interviewed by the Duke and Duchess before they made their final choice.

Miss Borrallo, thought to be the first foreign nanny to look after a future British monarch, has been employed on a full-time basis and has been given her own accommodation in Kensington Palace.
More: Norland nanny from Spain?s society pages for Prince George - Telegraph

Limabeany

No one argued her qualifications, simply the message sent by hiring a foreign nanny... That Kate and William found no British nanny was good enough. Why wouldn't she be good?
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

TLLK

Quote from: Limabeany on March 20, 2014, 11:58:32 PM
No one argued her qualifications, simply the message sent by hiring a foreign nanny... That Kate and William found no British nanny was good enough. Why wouldn't she be good?
I'm guessing that there was more than one candidate that they were looking at when searching for George's nanny. This lady was their favorite.  She was trained at a British institution which enrolls students from all around the world. Likely there was always a possibility that the nanny chosen could have been born outside of the UK. Having spent much of her life in the UK working for families I would believe that she is well acquainted with the country and its customs.

Limabeany

I agree completely, but I still feel it sends the wrong message...

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteMaria Teresa Turrion Borrallo, who is in her 30s, was chosen by the royal couple from a shortlist of candidates put forward by Norland College, all of whom were interviewed by the Duke and Duchess before they made their final choice.

A lot of 'posh' people don't use British nannies, PM Cameron and his wife Samantha employ a Nepalese woman, Gita Lima and also employed an Australian, Sammi Strange. Deputy PM Nick Clegg employs a woman from Belgium.

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on March 21, 2014, 12:11:53 AM
QuoteMaria Teresa Turrion Borrallo, who is in her 30s, was chosen by the royal couple from a shortlist of candidates put forward by Norland College, all of whom were interviewed by the Duke and Duchess before they made their final choice.

A lot of 'posh' people don't use British nannies, PM Cameron and his wife Samantha employ a Nepalese woman, Gita Lima and also employed an Australian, Sammi Strange. Deputy PM Nick Clegg employs a woman from Belgium.

Well if the nation's top two elected officials are using foreign born nannies, then I can see why the Cambridges were comfortable with choosing someone who was not born in the UK.

Lady Adams

^^ The counter argument would be that neither PM Cameron nor Deputy PM Clegg's children will be King of England.
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

Limabeany

Then what is the big deal about her wearing British designers? She must promote wearing British but not hiring British? The Royals are presented as valuable for promoting England, blah blah blah

Lady Adams

^^Hmmm... a former chef to Queen Elizabeth (who is usually very positive about the royals) tweeted these comments today:

Surely William and Kate could have found a British nanny to raise an heir to the British throne.

The British royal family should have a British nanny bringing up a future British king #Enuff #ImDone

Just saying, I don't think Princess Sofia and Leonor of Spain would be allowed a BRITISH nanny. #GeorgesNewNanny #BuyBritish

A slap in the face to British nannies

My point is about a British prince having a Spanish nanny

You can read them all-- and more-- here:
The Royal Chef (DarrenMcGrady) on Twitter

Doesn't sound like just the "usual suspects" to me... :annoyed2:
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

PrincessOfPeace

So don't pick the most qualified person because of their ethnicity?? This will be interesting in multi-cultural Britain. You pick the best person for the job of nanny based on their CV, not the country she was born in. Not sure the Queen Charles or the Cambridges are worried about the opinion of a former employee.

This tweet says it all...

The Royal Chef ‏@DarrenMcGrady 7 hrs

Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo is Prince Georges' new nanny. But won't he be 6 years old before he can say her name ?

Lady Adams

^ There is a difference between ethnicity and nationality.

PrincessOfPeace

^^^ Why is he concerned about her name then?? Lots of British people have Spanish names, the man obviously has an agenda.

PrincessOfPeace

Well I care about Prince George and the best nanny available to him is Spanish born and Norland College trained Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo.

Lady Adams

^ That's a perfectly valid opinion, PoP. We can agree to disagree  :truce:

PrincessOfPeace

^^^ I'd love for you to give me some reason's why her qualifications should take a back seat to the country she was born in? She was the most qualified candidate. Maybe its just me but I always thought that when it comes to family and children you do what is best for them. This isn't about Kate buying a dress from a local designer, this is about her child's well-being.

Limabeany

I still wonder how there could not have been a single British nanny good enough for them. As, I said, she is certainly qualified but so are many British nannies... It is not that the qualifications should take a back seat unless you believe she is the only qualified nanny in Britain. Our opinions on the nanny differ. End of story.  :truce:

PrincessOfPeace

There obviously wasn't anyone else better qualified or they would have picked her. When it comes to child care, you always pick the person most qualified for the job and in this case she happens to have been born in Spain but is still a 'British nanny' as she trained at the best school in Britain.