The King and Queen Official Engagements, CC entries Part 3 December 28, 2023 to

Started by TLLK, December 28, 2023, 09:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

King Charles has unveiled the first completed official portrait of himself since The Coronation, painted by renowned artist Jonathan Yeo.

The portrait was commissioned in 2020 to celebrate the then Prince of Wales's 50 years as a member of The Drapers' Company.

The portrait depicts His Majesty wearing the uniform of the Welsh Guards, of which he was made Regimental Colonel in 1975.

The canvas was carefully considered to fit within the architecture of Drapers' Hall and the context of the paintings it will eventually hang alongside. Report by Matthew Covell.

PrincessOfPeace

The King held an Investiture at Windsor Castle this morning.

The King, Freeman, the Worshipful Company of Drapers, accompanied by The Queen, this afternoon received Mr Thomas Harris (Master) at Buckingham Palace when His Majesty unveiled a portrait which had been commissioned by the Worshipful Company.

- Court Circular || 14 May 2024

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 14, 2024, 07:01:09 PMKing Charles has unveiled the first completed official portrait of himself since The Coronation, painted by renowned artist Jonathan Yeo.

The portrait was commissioned in 2020 to celebrate the then Prince of Wales's 50 years as a member of The Drapers' Company.

The portrait depicts His Majesty wearing the uniform of the Welsh Guards, of which he was made Regimental Colonel in 1975.

The canvas was carefully considered to fit within the architecture of Drapers' Hall and the context of the paintings it will eventually hang alongside. Report by Matthew Covell.

I have admit that I  don't really care for this portrait.  It's on par with the Danish royal family's strange one that was focused on CP Christian.

PrincessOfPeace

Their Majesties King Charles and Queen Camilla arrive at St Paul's Cathedral in London ahead of attending a Service of Dedication for the Order of the British Empire. Report by Matthew Covell.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on Today at 11:13:03 AMI have admit that I  don't really care for this portrait.  It's on par with the Danish royal family's strange one that was focused on CP Christian.

I think the King's face is well done. The rest of it, ??? However, I suppose it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it. Apparently King Charles found it 'striking' and joked about the butterfly the artist painted on his shoulder. I do think that another background, maybe a dark blue hue might have made a difference.