Ex-royal correspondent on Harry and Will

Started by Stix Chix, February 27, 2009, 12:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stix Chix

Tom Bradby, purveyor of awkward truths--Telegraph
Quote"What has stayed with me is how extraordinary the way people respond to royalty is. You would see really, really famous people like Madonna or Elton John getting themselves into an absolute lather about meeting the Queen." Bradby doesn't think he ever "laughed as much as during those two years," not least because the Queen, her entourage, and the Princes were, he says, an extremely humorous bunch.

"I got to know William and Harry well and they are both nice, engaging boys." When I ask whether he feels their lives have been made any easier since the scandal – when the News of the World's Clive Goodman was jailed for intercepting royal messages – he pauses. "I read something today saying that the Princes should be public figures even in private and I thought that if that really is true, that would be quite worrying for them. What you do notice, since the Goodman trial, is that all those little stories, like that Wills is off to have a knee operation, have dried up."

Harryite #0004

Haidee

Good article Stix. :flower:

Its great that everyone who has actually met the princes has something good to say about them. I am glad that they all have some sort of a private life, even if they are a public figure, they deserve to have a life that the public dont have to know about!